Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wholesale intel/amd chips?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wholesale intel/amd chips?

aiuraiur Member

I'm helping my company to purchase intel/amd chips at the quantity of > 1,000. Looks like Newegg and other online retailers do not allow you to purchase in a large quantity. And further more, I'm wondering how much discount I can have for a thousand chips. Can anyone provide me any ideas?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Comments

• Talk to Superbiiz.

• @serverian said:
    Talk to Superbiiz.

Nah, you need real distributors, e.g. Ingram Micro and the like.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • infolinkinfolink Member
    edited July 2014

@aiur Go for Ingram Micro or Techdata, they'll probably provide you the best prices.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • As others have said, you want a distributor. I doubt you'll get much of a discount on CPUs, but something is always better than nothing . . .

• Microlinux said: As others have said, you want a distributor. I doubt you'll get much of a discount on CPUs, but something is always better than nothing . . .

You'll save on shipping :) and you get to see trays (i.e. in 1000 units).

• From experience, Imgram Micro and Techdata would only sell you Intel CPUs with a discount if you integrate them into computers. You will need to sign an agreement with them before they would sell you any. If you do not integrate them into computers and just plan to resell them, you are best to go with smaller wholesalers.

• Malabs should be able to help, they're the business side of Superbiiz.

http://www.malabs.com

Thanked by 2Epidrive shovenose
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

What CPUs are you specifically looking to purchase in bulk? If cost savings is a priority, you should see if secondary markets (i.e., used, off-lease equipment) have the units you're looking for.

• aiuraiur Member

@concerto49, @BrianHarrison, @INIZ, @sonontse, @infolink, @Microlinux,
    @serverian

Thank you guys for your advices!