Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2G KVM/XEN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2G KVM/XEN

StellaEVStellaEV Member
edited July 2014 in Requests

I am currently looking for a 2G VPS with 30G+ SSD storage. The storage must either be SSD or SSD-Cached.

Prices from $7-10/mo

The closer to NYC (and the lower the ping to Ramnode's NYC location) the better.

Comments

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Push it to 15 and you have found it.

• shrubblesshrubbles Member
    edited July 2014

This guy here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31423/my-custom-hosting-canada-kvm-free-ovh-ddos-protection-native-ipv6-e5-s-ssd-cached-no-bs#latest

It is on Montreal, Canada.

Been a client from him for one year now, great uptime and service so far.

@MCHPhil

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @shrubbles said:
    This guy here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31423/my-custom-hosting-canada-kvm-free-ovh-ddos-protection-native-ipv6-e5-s-ssd-cached-no-bs#latest

It is on Montreal, Canada.

Been a client from him for one year now, great uptime and service so far.

MCHPhil

I'm probably biased because I haven't had any service with him before, but if I went off his posting style here, he would not get my business.

I looked at their offers and it looks like the 2GB KVM only has 20GB of space, their 3GB KVM has 30GB of space though, so it might work and it fits your budget.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@Goodhosting has better internet speed than MCH. He has 2x1Gbps with unmetered bandwidth. I remember he has offer for KVM plan 2GB RAM, 40 GB SSD cached at 7$/m

• derpderp Member

I can second what @shrubbles said. MyCustomHosting has been great for me and their latest offer falls below your budget for 3GB RAM with the 30GB disk space. For what it's worth, I get 24ms to Ramnode's NYC location.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • shrubblesshrubbles Member
    edited July 2014

Yes, @Goodhosting is some kind of decent. I have a 4GB KVM with them and I have more liberty using CPU. The con is that Open Nebula Sunstone is not as intuitive as SolusVM is, mainly dealing with template and iso/images creation is a bit difficult but the support team could help you with that. As they did with me.

I don't know what kind of configuration @Goodhosting is using, if those servers are deployed on a cluster arrangement or on single nodes, but I can tell that I really like the possibility of using more CPU resources, so I recommend them too.

Edit:
    And I recommended MCH firstly because I am a bit of old client, probably I have 9 months with them. My server that I use for my personal blog currently has an uptime of 88 days, despite the network not showing excelent results I can say that the connection speed is ok. MCH is a more mature service and Phil know what he is doing and is always available to respond support tickets within 2 hours or less.

Let's see on a larger period if good hosting will improve their services and show stability and better support ticket response time, I think they will have full conditions to become a top player here.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @c1bl said:
    Goodhosting has better internet speed than MCH. He has 2x1Gbps with unmetered bandwidth. I remember he has offer for KVM plan 2GB RAM, 40 GB SSD cached at 7$/m

@shrubbles said:
    Yes, Goodhosting is some kind of decent. I have a 4GB KVM with them and I have more liberty using CPU. The con is that Open Nebula Sunstone is not as intuitive as SolusVM is, mainly dealing with template and iso/images creation is a bit difficult but the support team could help you with that. As they did with me.

I don't know what kind of configuration Goodhosting is using, if those servers are deployed on a cluster arrangement or on single nodes, but I can tell that I really like the possibility of using more CPU resources, so I recommend them too.

Edit:
    And I recommended MCH firstly because I am a bit of old client, probably I have 9 months with them. My server that I use for my personal blog currently has an uptime of 88 days, despite the network not showing excelent results I can say that the connection speed is ok. MCH is a more mature service and Phil know what he is doing and is always available to respond support tickets within 2 hours or less.

Let's see on a larger period if good hosting will improve their services and show stability and better support ticket response time, I think they will have full conditions to become a top player here.

Thanks for the criticism guys, we'll take it to heart.