Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need offsite VPS(es) for production use.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need offsite VPS(es) for production use.

I am going to be in the market for 2-3 VPS's. I am currently with Front Range Hosting, which has been bought and seems to be in limbo, and I am not comfortable with the fact they have had a post saying

"We have recently become part of Total Server Solutions family. In the next few weeks we will be integrating our products into the TotalServerSolutions.com website. Stay Tuned."

Well, It's been a few months.

I am going to be using:
One VPS for NS2
One VPS for Observium
One VPS for Euro-zone NS and Other Usage.

I monitor network and abuse constantly. As far as a client, I have opened one ticket in 6 months, due to provider not having time synced to NTP. I can take care of myself :)

I am currently using:

2x 1GB RAM 40GB SSD 2TB transfer @ $20 per month.

Actual use on BW is well below 500GB per VPS.

Looking for reliable provider. I do not need 1GB, 512MB works fine. Disk over 50GB would be nice, but not necessary. Observium would prefer SSD due to large number of devices. Will be looking to setup within a week or so.

Comments

• Ramnode are the #1 rated provider on LET and they have plans in US and NL within your price range

• Hi,

We can offer you this packet.

30GB Disk Space

512MB Dedicated Ram

768MB Burstable / 2vCores

100Mbps connection 1 IPv4

Unlimited bandwidth

£5/mo

Order now -->

• Nick.
  • @hostnoob, I have been stuck on them for a week. I am thinking I may go that way, but I'd like to see what else is out there.

@MSPNick, Location? Would prefer US and EURO. Also, I'd prefer you have a little more time under your belt as a provider, but I'm willing to try.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited July 2014

@cncking2000 said:

MSPNick, Location? Would prefer US and EURO. Also, I'd prefer you have a little more time under your belt as a provider, but I'm willing to try.

Hi,

VPS is in LA. We have 7 day money back.
    Nick

• colorhost.de and ramnode are both good for production, along with iwstack. I don't use USA providers much, sorry!

• bpsNode offers Pure SSD and gigabit ports, in your price range.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

RamNode would work great for you, you could try something cheaper but it probably won't have the same reliability and performance. They have three locations in Seattle, NY, and Atlanta.

I don't think you'll have any issues staying with Front Range Hosting though.

Anyway look at http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q2-the-results/ and find a host you like.

Edit: oh I forgot, vultr is great too

• @perennate
    Cheap is not even part of what I am looking for. As I may or may not have mentioned, I was getting 100+ day uptimes on OVZ with FRH

I believe in the old saying:

Fast, Reliable, Cheap. Pick Two.

• xethostxethost Member, Patron Provider

Hi cncking2000,

Our offer for you:

RAM: 1 GB
    Hdd: 40 GB (Raid6)
    Net: 100 Mbit/s
    IPv4: 1
    IPv6: /112 subnet (~65500)
    Unlimited bandwidth

Virtualization: VMware ESXi

Price: 20 USD/m or 220 USD/y (excluded VAT)

• ShivamShivam Member

Would you mind KVM

• How about the vultr/DO/Linode/iwstack family?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ColorhostColorhost Member
    edited July 2014

OpenVZ Small Red

4 vCPU

50 GB diskspace

512 MB RAM

1024 MB SWAP

5 TB bandwidth

TUN/TAP/PPP support

3,23 Euro / ~4,34 USD (without TAX)

Order link

• W3HostW3Host Member

Contact a member of the sales team at http://w3-host.com/submitticket.php and we'll be happy to assist you.

• wychwych Member
    edited July 2014

Front Range Hosting used to be something else, I had a CDN that broke when it was merged to FRH.

I bet its time for a new list of CNAME's once migrated once again.