Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam) - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam)

Comments

• William, if you have any feedback, I am happy to hear it. We are only striving to deliver a superior service.

Don't worry, I do have thick skin.

• @odiaz

Why would you need to verify a member every month? that does not even make sense, it was suppose to be free but yet I have a bullshit $11 bill and I canceled 2 weeks after getting the vps I bet the vps is still "active" fortatrust is a joke of a company, I rather be a customer of GVH then ever try one of fortascam again.

1. We verify every month as not to have inactive VMs wasting resources.
    2. The only time you will receive an invoice at the Free Tier is if you exceed your resource allotment. If you do not pay it, your service will automatically cancel, and that is it. With all due respect, without looking into the details, our overage prices are very reasonable, not to mention 90% of our customers never exceed their allotment.
    3. All cancellation requests are automatically processed monthly.

With regards to your insults, I am proud to say we have spun up 48,000+ VMs, and do believe your comments are unfounded. You seem to be upset over an $11 bill, hardly a "scam".

I know this is a tough crowd here, but keep it coming. I will try to keep up.

• @odiaz
    >

Since you have thick skin:

>

I would rather eat Ebola infested shit then give any money to fortatrust for its shitty scammy service,

>

Fortatrust make's CVPS and GVH look like "Honest and trustworthy providers who would never oversell or lie"

>
    Forta trust is the equivalate to a online anti-christ

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.fortatrust.com 2 star review so its not the customers its the shitty "service" you "people" provide/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2014

The signup stated it would renew at 50 cents per month. It renewed at far more. Defending the 50 cent renewal is not even a relevant discussion.

(Not for overage by the way)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @odiaz said:
    We verify every month as not to have inactive VMs wasting resources.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the concept of how paying a 50 cent fee will determine whether a VM is inactive...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @odiaz
    It is not the point of a $11 invoice, it is why do I have a $11 bill if all I did was login to the vps then exit then let it idle for 2 weeks then canceled it?

Why can;t fortatrust use cron or some simple function to check if a user used the vps or not? so you selling me your few staff members are checking "48,000" manually? you guys must be truly incompetent then.

How did I go above my resource limit if all I did was login then exit, I am not sure but I even think I shut it down for 2 weeks. so how is that going above the "resource limit".

You are full of shit I canceled after 2 weeks (in august) and I checked in the end of september and it was still listed as active.

Thanked by 2jar cassa
  • @Pwner

That is what I am saying, I even emailed support and they stated "its a one time fee" even after it said "monthly"

@Jar

I did not even use my vps and canceled 2 weeks later which somehow I had used $11 bill up LOL

Thanked by 1jar
    edited December 2014

@Stevie said:
    Pwner

That is what I am saying, I even emailed support and they stated "its a one time fee" even after it said "monthly"

Jar

I did not even use my vps and canceled 2 weeks later which somehow I had used $11 bill up LOL

Yep that's my experience as well. In fact, prior to that invoice my last interaction was trying to create the VM and watching it load until I gave up watching. Next? Invoice for well over 50 cents. I'm not even sure it was powered on.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

odiaz said: The $0.50 is a monthly verification fee. We verify on a monthly basis each and every customer is a real person, which has some real costs in terms of service fees.

As a cron service to check the load on the VPS? Also, that defeats the meaning of "FREE"

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2014

I have made a list with every LET nickname who claimed to - despite all warnings - have bought that offer. This is for future reference to make sure that I never take any of you guys serious. Some of you should not have access to money...

@Amitz said:
    I have made a list with every LET nickname who claimed to - despite all warnings - have bought that offer. This is for future reference to make sure that I never take any of you guys serious. Some of you should not have access to money...

I'm making a list of people who actually think they can intellectually influence people who bought this offer for any reason other than to have a front row seat for when it blew up ;)

Thanked by 2netomx vRozenSch00n
  • @odiaz said:
    William, if you have any feedback, I am happy to hear it. We are only striving to deliver a superior service.

Don't worry, I do have thick skin.

What about your clearly illegal mails informing me that "my financial institution" contacted you? You and everyone working for Fortatrust should be banned and nothing more, i will do anything to fight you - Attacks to Sueing you, no problem.

• @Jar

Yea the OP was a idiot for posting this - oh wait :-(

• @Stevie said:
    Jar

Yea the OP was a idiot for posting this - oh wait :-(

With a very small amount of research, you could have saved some dumbasses from what they will be facing. But you used the braindead as guinea pigs. Shame on you, Sir!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Amitz

What can I do to repent?

Should I ask @hostnun for help with that :-/

But seriously I know better next time, I knew they were fishy but damn I did not know they were the Red Sea kind of Fishy.....

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • @Stevie said:
    Amitz

What can I do to repent?

Should I ask hostnun for help with that :-/

This. And a colonic irrigation. Afterwards, you might achieve forgiveness.

Thanked by 3netomx jar vRozenSch00n
  • vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited December 2014

Does anybody know where their advanced control panel is 'CloudStack Login'?

edited December 2014

odiaz said: If any of you have any comments, complaints, or feedback, fire away.

Thanks! I just had a moment to sit down long enough to actually ask a question.

odiaz said: The only time you will receive an invoice at the Free Tier is if you exceed your resource allotment.

Here's my question: Why are you lying?

Here's an invoice for my idle VPS billed for "Volume" whatever that even is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkoobvotillz7y5/FortaCloud - 201457874.pdf?dl=0

Next was of course a $5 invoice to ask why you lied. I didn't get an answer because I didn't pay it. That one was totally on me, I clicked to agree to be invoiced to ask you a question and chose not to pay it.

Truth is, I knew this would happen and I signed up for this very reason. I look forward to your response. If I were you, I probably wouldn't give one. I am setting you up and being very up front about it.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @odiaz : Explain what you mean by "Volume" billing for a KVM which is exactly formatted to 10Gb ( a.k.a within free limits) There were no snapshots or whatever enabled. Your support couldnt explain ( using a sales thread bypassing your $5 ticket) but offered to waive that pending invoice which had random volume charges added everyday no matter the vps was active or idle or shutdown.

My take : Either it is a billing bug ( then you must fix it) or you guys are scammers ( just accept it ).

Thanked by 1jar
    1. To stevie, I am sorry that you feel you need to use such language. I am just trying to respond and address concerns.

2. With regards to the questions regarding the very nominal verification fee, these are to cover costs of a 3rd party service we use to perform the verification.

3. With regards to the small portion of our Free VPS Tier Customers who incur overage charges, our system is completely automated and measures actual usage. Even "Stevie" only had $11 in them, which I can assure you is significantly less than any one else out there for similar usage.

edited December 2014

odiaz said: overage charges

"Hours" are not an overage. They were not stated as having a charge. Explain why you bill for them under the title "Volume."

odiaz said: only had $11 in them, which I can assure you is significantly less than any one else out there for similar usage.

Have you browsed this website? An idle VPS for $11? Literally everyone here offers the same for far less.

• Hi Upfreak,

I will try to find your account to look into it more. Again, the billing system is automated and measures usage. If there is indeed a billing issue that affected your account, we will work to get it corrected.

FWIW, asking sales reps to deal with these types of issues is not the best idea. If there is a support issue that is our fault, we refund the very nominal $5 charge to open a support ticket.

Lastly, thanks for your feedback. It is valuable to us to make our system the best it can be.

• odiaz said: "Stevie" only had $11 in them, which I can assure you is significantly less than any one else out there for similar usage.

you justify that for the free tier, when your paid plan offers the same for $3.50/m. yea who knows you might open different pandora " Volume" boxes for them.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I don't think it's free, but more expensive than the paid service, except the "verification fee", also have many hidden usage fee, their "free" is a completely scam

Thanked by 3jar vRozenSch00n Pwner
  • odiazodiaz Member
    edited December 2014

Hi Upfreak,

The Private Cloud offering is completely different, and yes you do get more bang for the buck when you pay upfront.

No one wants to get overage bills, but most providers do bill when they exceed their committed resources. One of the differences with us, is that all of our prices are extremely low, including our overage charges (as Stevie indicated).

Thanks again for your feedback!

odiaz said: but most providers due bill when they exceed their committed resources

Which one did I exceed? :)

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited December 2014

@odiaz said:
    Hi Upfreak,

I will try to find your account to look into it more. Again, the billing system is automated and measures usage. If there is indeed a billing issue that affected your account, we will work to get it corrected.

FWIW, asking sales reps to deal with these types of issues is not the best idea. If there is a support issue that is our fault, we refund the very nominal $5 charge to open a support ticket.

Lastly, thanks for your feedback. It is valuable to us to make our system the best it can be.

Our LET Scammer Alert System is completely rational, and takes into account your plan, coupled with your tricks, and we warn people about you, should you exceed your scam limits.

All of our issues are already discussed in detail in this thread. We encourage you to peruse this area to obtain clarity on this issue.

If after perusing this area, you believe there is a point to prove by finding my account, please open a PM. There is a US$5.00 charge to request my information, but this will be refunded should you justify that your billing charges aren't flawed.

This mode of conversation has now been closed. Please proceed with one of the recommended actions above.

PS: Taken from your reply. Stop copy pasting from your trick bin here..

Thanked by 3jar hotsnow samczsun
  • upfreakupfreak Member
    edited December 2014

odiaz said: The Private Cloud offering is completely different, and yes you do get more bang for the buck when you pay upfront.

people here understand technical jargon better than your fouled sales pitches. They dont work here. Either explain in utmost technical detail of the "Volume" charges charged for 10hours/20hours a day selected at random for the same VPS no matter it is in running/shutdown/destroyed state.

You got one chance to charge me $0.55 and i am not paying your company $5 for the type of bullshit replies you copy paste from your trick bin.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Hi again Upfreak-

Just trying to garner feedback here and communicate.

What we deliver for the price is unmatched by any provider we know of.

To me, it seems that the issue of complaining about the $0.50 verification fee, $5 technical support tickets, and minimal overage charges are quite trivial compared to the bigger picture.

That being said, I am happy to address ANY concerns that anyone has, but I see not value in responding to innuendo.

Thanks again!