Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam)

Comments

• wychwych Member

@upfreak said:

register your complaint here. They are rated F in BBB with just 1 compiant. they deserve more ;)
    http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/data-center-facility-and-services/fortatrust-usa-corporation-in-doral-fl-90061466

>

Huh? I see 50?

Total Closed Complaints - 50

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • I meant review ;) I have edited my post. thanks

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

They were smart, they processed my cancelation request really fast :)

• What is their phone number to cancel? I don't want to submit ticket which will cost $5. I called them 20 days ago to cancel. Nothing. Fuck this shit scam.

edited August 2014

@Chuck said:
    What is their phone number to cancel? I don't want to submit ticket which will cost $5. I called them 20 days ago to cancel. Nothing. Fuck this shit scam.

I used the option to cancel the product under the product itself in the client area. I also opened a ticket and asked very nicely for them to explain their full justification for the charges and how they considered my registration to be an agreement to said charges as opposed to the very clear statements at signup. I did not pay the invoice for the ticket.

Hi Jarland-

We just called you to confirm your cancellation, but as we did not reach you are notifying you here. 

We are sorry to see you go, and hope you consider us in the future for your cloud computing needs.

Very truly yours,

Team FortaCloud
  • I tried 3 times to cancel my VPS and they still have not done it, and i opened a ticket to tell them why its still active, well now I got another $5.21 invoice and the ticket did not even go through because you have to pay $5.21 first, what bull shit.

Oh well im not paying shit to them.

They cancelled my VPS but added a late fee to the invoice. Get your popcorn ready fellas! Waiting for their next move :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited August 2014

@Jar said:
    They cancelled my VPS but added a late fee to the invoice. Get your popcorn ready fellas! Waiting for their next move :)

How much is the late fee. I guess "asked very nicely" didn't work?

How about we all hire a lawyer to sue them?

edited August 2014

@Chuck said:
    How much is the late fee. I guess "asked very nicely" didn't work?

>

How about we all hire a lawyer to sue them?

They did cancel the service within 24 hours of my cancellation request. They just didn't clear the invoice and they e-mailed me from "no-reply" which pretty clearly implies to me that my voice won't be heard if I respond. Only way to contact I suppose would be by phone or $5 ticket. Since I never agreed to pay the money, simply generating an invoice in my name and mailing it to me does not put any obligation on me as I see it.

The late fee is $1.02. Total invoice is $6.19. At this point the scenario that would provoke a smile on my face would be if they report it to a credit agency or attempt a civil lawsuit. They're looking at a minimum of civil fraud, and a reasonable shot at criminal.

• FortaTrust free VPS is FRAUD, they tried charge my CC several times for $6 after some time, I even not use their VPS. SCAM

@fitvpn said:
    FortaTrust free VPS is FRAUD, they tried charge my CC several times for $6 after some time, I even not use their VPS. SCAM

Lol did you seriously give them your credit card?

Thanked by 4netomx tux noosVPS Amitz
  • There's some pretty gullible people ITT.

On that note, I have a bridge for sale... PM me for details...

Thanked by 1jar
  • Jar said: Only way to contact I suppose would be by phone or $5 ticket.

Feel free to spam the scammer via his email as per their IP records and also paypal email

Business Name: FT USA Corporation (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
    Email: [email protected]
    Payment Sent to: [email protected]

I am tempted to click dispute, just for the sake of doing it, but will it matter if everyone here does the same to make a point?

• I really don't understand you guys. You knew these will happen. You have been warned lots of times.

Yet, you went ahead and ordered. Now, you are declaring them as scammers. You tried to out scam them in the first place!

I wonder if you ignore the warning signs in the Zoo and go poke the bears and get clawed in the face and complain.

• serverian said: You knew these will happen. You have been warned lots of times.

Lol. I was the one who opened a thread about their blacklist page long time back, but I wanted to see their modus operandi first hand on an innocent free vps product. I not only got the vps to play with, but enough entertainment for the whole month all for 0.55 ;)

• @Jar - Not yet, see signature :)

• Do they send out invoices, like printable invoices?

• @fitvpn

Why do you have that signature when you dont reply to pm's?

• Send

• putaorenputaoren Member
    edited August 2014

Lost my $0.55, and maybe my credit card info.

• tonight, I was so stupid too ;-(

• Just amazed how they owner lied into face about-just one time fee in reply to tickets..Sometimes looks like they not feel good himself..

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited September 2014

If you are looking to create a ticket ( minus the $5 invoice) just go to the live chat ( he/they wont entertain you there.. lol) and you will see a send mail option. if you are logged in.. just write what you want to put in the ticket.. and the system will create the free ticket..

Its the same dumb fellow who is gonna read the ticket anyway... and you still wont get an answer.. but lol

• Fortacloud finally acted on my cancellation request and terminated my VPS. For some reason, i didnt get any invoice for the watever random charges they accumulated every day ( around $9+) and my account is due for $0. One shitty mission completed.

Fun fact : they answer sales tickets created via live chat for free

• I just called my bank to chargeback these assholes. I will get my money back and they also have to pay chargeback fee.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • Gentlemen, I am with FortaCloud and just came across this thread. Much of these comments were made in our soft launch period, and we have made many improvements since then (not to mention we have spun up over 48,000 VMs since August 1).

If any of you have any comments, complaints, or feedback, fire away.

(running for cover now!)

edited December 2014

odiaz said: we have made many improvements

Did you guys finally document that all of the ads you were running that stated "Free" were, in fact, not free? There wasn't even fine print. It was like you guys were just rolling the dice and hoping no one that took the bait would have enough money to hire a lawyer.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@odiaz said:
    Gentlemen, I am with FortaCloud and just came across this thread. Much of these comments were made in our soft launch period, and we have made many improvements since then (not to mention we have spun up over 48,000 VMs since August 1).

If any of you have any comments, complaints, or feedback, fire away.

(running for cover now!)

Explain the "free vps" with 0.50 recurring

Thanked by 1jar
  • Avoid.

• The $0.50 is a monthly verification fee. We verify on a monthly basis each and every customer is a real person, which has some real costs in terms of service fees.

I can assure you it is to everyone's benefit as you would not want to be in a multi-tenant environment with unverified customers.

We feel this fee is not only fair and reasonable, but provides for a superior client eco-system.

In the future, we may be deciding to "eat" these real costs ourselves. Stay tuned...