Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam)

Comments

• @hotsnow said:
    vm can't power on, after created a ticket, immediately got a $5 invoice...

@IceCream said:" You don't have to pay anything."

Probably he works for fortacloud? Shill?

• that company changes their mind every hour, and ticket used to be free, since i had a ticket replied and issue was resolved for free. However that was when the vps was forever free. Now not sure. This is how they modified a offer all within a month..

1. free vps forever and one time verification fee 0.55 by paypal/ cc
    2. free vps forever and one-time verification fee is 0.91 if paid by paypal
    3. free vps forever with monthly verification fee of 0.55 / 0.91???
    4. free vps watever with monthly verification fee of 0.55/0.91 plus daily random volume charges.
    5. watever vps + additional $5 tickets.
    6. wait for the billing date to see the best surprise in store!!!!

This company makes even the most random, sneaky, summer, LET providors look good who stick to their random prices they throw in here and even offer anytime guarantees ;)

• Why is their client area so awfully slow??

• Its over 1 month now, anyone got any invoice. For me they pushed my invoice date to end of this month, and the dashboard shows first week of September. So far no invoice for me yet..

• @upfreak said:
    Its over 1 month now, anyone got any invoice. For me they pushed my invoice date to end of this month, and the dashboard shows first week of September. So far no invoice for me yet..

I have received the invoice, and it even include "PayPal Payment Fee", lol ...

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2014

submit a ticket for query this invoice, but got another $5.21 invoice instantly for the ticket fee, this is scam...

• ^^ Lol. I called to cancel my box last week. They haven't canceled it. Shit.

• @Chuck

Yea i been waiting 3 weeks for them to cancel it.

• mov3mov3 Member

How to cancel the box? Open the ticket to request?

• @mov3 said:

It's $5. Lol.

• Hahahahahaha, you guys are so stupid for signing up.

Thanked by 3netomx Pwner Mark_R
  • mov3mov3 Member

@Chuck said:

FXXK

• @mov3 said:

each ticket need pay $5 and payment fee first...

• The fools at fortacloud can dream on and create as many invoices they can ;)) Anyone who bothered to add a real CC with them, you act now to stop sending any money their way.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@hotsnow said:

AFAIK PayPal prohibits to charge tje seller the fee, but i do t really remember that.

• hotsnow said: submit a ticket for query this invoice, but got another $5.21 invoice instantly for the ticket fee

Epic!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@matthewvz said:
    Before doing this you might want to do a bit of digging on foratrust. IIRC they were putting customers that owed them money on a blacklist, one of the many negative things I've heard about them.
    @ElliotJ said:
    These are the same guys as ServerPronto and Infolink.

Do not order from them, look them up and you'll see why.
    @jeffreywinters said:
    Words of warning

Fortacloud = Fortatrust = Serverpronto
    @William said:
    Do NOT trust Fortatrust/cloud/whatever in ANY WAY. Do NEVER give them any CC details.

You've been warned.
    @Ruriko said:
    I don't recommend Fortatrust. Last month they had a promotion of giving 2months free for the vps so I signed up and never got the vps for waiting a week. I even submitted a ticket and it never got replied and they cancelled my account. So in the end they're a shitty company
    @Infinity580 said:
    Wait, why you would by a vps at a scam host with cc giftcard?

Hilarious just DONT BUY that shit scam. Your guys getting to dirty cheap.
    @mentari said:
    beware guy it scam
    @eddynetweb said:
    2GB's for free? err...
    @ztec said:
    Avoid at all cost.
    @TarZZ92 said:
    anyone who signs up with these guys is a moron. a quick search on google reveals the shady business practices.
    @Jeffrey said:
    Stay away, these are the same guys from ServerPronto, which has a very** bad** reputation.
    @NodeKid said:
    Farce

Everyone who signed up and did read this ON THE FIRST PAGE will be crucified.

Thanked by 2NanoG6 ElliotJ
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

netomx said: Everyone who signed up and did read this ON THE FIRST PAGE will be crucified.

People tried to warn them and they continued anyway, they will learn to listen to others hopefully with this.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • cassacassa Member
    edited August 2014

What can happen? I have proof that I've canceled the service.

Oh wait, sh*t, they can put my address on the blacklist! Well, then I'll post my address here too:

Randomlane 123

5643YO My own town

The Netherlands

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Venting it here: https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/fortacloud

Probably better not to use your real account.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@0xdragon said:
    Hahahahahaha, you guys are so stupid for signing up.

Yolo man. I signed up for kicks and documented the entire process. Knowing that they're so nutty they'll probably sue me for not paying the $5 invoice that just came, I'm excited to see what they try. They gave me a free vps that stated on signup it would renew at 50 cents per month.

Let the games begin! If they're counting on a bunch of helpless penny punchers to not make them regret their scamming, they will find the odds no longer in their favor.

Thanked by 3Pwner upfreak thsigit
  • the two tickets got no any reply until now, they have terminated my vps now, because I have not pay the two invoices, big scam...

• @hotsnow said:
    the two tickets got no any reply until now, they have terminated my vps now, because I have not pay the two invoices, big scam...

Don't worry. They can make money from selling your name, address, email and phone number.

• Just found this:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1307965

1. Payments and Fees:
      Credit cards that are declined for any reason are subject to a $1.00 declination fee. Service will be interrupted on accounts that reach 10 days past due. Service interrupted for nonpayment is subject to a $50 reconnect charge. Accounts not paid by due date are subject to disconnect within 7 days. Accounts that are not collectable by FortaTrust will be turned over to an outside collection agency for collection. If your account is turned over for collection, you agree to pay the company a "Processing and Collection" Fee of not less than $50 nor more than $150. If you desire to cancel your account, please follow the proper procedure to do this as outlined in this TOS.
  • Where are those guys from? Why those **** scammers exist?

• @Jar start a blog!

• What is their phone number to cancel?

• Looks like their website is down. Did they just scrap the project to start another scam that works.. or?

• mov3mov3 Member

@upfreak said:
    Looks like their website is down. Did they just scrap the project to start another scam that works.. or?

The VPS also down

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2014

Fortacloud has tried to crowdfund this so called freemium model ;)

https://www.crowdfunder.com/fortacloud

Here is the guy behind this fortascum ( scam v2.0)
    https://www.facebook.com/prieur.leary (https://www.crowdfunder.com/u/75063)

register your complaint here. They are rated F in BBB with just 1review . they deserve more ;)
    http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/data-center-facility-and-services/fortatrust-usa-corporation-in-doral-fl-90061466

@Jar show your power