Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam)

Comments

• @IceCream said:
    Do you also have no internet connection inside the VM? I can't ping anything. Is that the right eth0 setup? http://prntscr.com/4aee0e

yes looks right. the trick to play with the firewall / port fwd screens to open up ur public IP

Thanked by 1IceCream
  • Okay, thanks for the hint.

• @upfreak Could you show me your firewall settings?

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2014

Ok, looks like their client panel cant update any new changes to the server/ network anymore. Wondering what next!!!. Just be patient as the guys who run this service and watch if your 50c moves...

I have created a ticket for the same, after seeing the following in their website

Our Monster Support reps are online 24/7/365 to resolve any service issue you encounter.
  • Surprisingly, Fortacloud replied my ticket and there are some positive changes. The private ip, firewalls, port forwards are all gone now. VPS is now assigned public IP by default and all inbound / outbound ports are open as well. It works well and anyone who is upset, can give a try now. You might need to create a tickeet of you encounter issues when you delete the current one and create a new one ( max public ip assigned error).

Thanked by 1IceCream
  • IceCreamIceCream Member
    edited August 2014

@upfreak Thanks for the hint (again). They replied to the ticket pretty fast (5 minutes) and the VM is working perfectly now!

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • Tell me If I don't understand English.

My account shows "FortaCloud Free VPS - FortaCloud Free VPS (07/24/2014 - 08/23/2014)

Next Due Date 08/24/2014"

When I ask, they told me "This is just a 1 time payment"

So???

• now they are charge $5 for support issue.
    WTF ?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@gemuruhco said:
    now they are charge $5 for support issue.
    WTF ?

Everyone said they were scammers, but you people don't like to read that part

Thanked by 3Pwner Mark_R Amitz
  • im not paid to him and not using their service. :P
    i have just recieve some news about charging on support ticket from my friends. :D

• @gemuruhco said:
    now they are charge $5 for support issue.
    WTF ?

Shit. It's time to cancel my account.

• even the free vps, they are begin hourly billing from 8 Aug, and generated invoice ...

http://snag.gy/WHQBo.jpg

• @hotsnow @chuck

Yea i canceled mine 2 weeks ago and i logged in just now and it still says active, really, 2 weeks and they still have not canceled it.......... what assholes.

• @Stevie said:
    hotsnow chuck

Yea i canceled mine 2 weeks ago and i logged in just now and it still says active, really, 2 weeks and they still have not canceled it.......... what assholes.

Did you call them? Not sure if they will charge $5 (for support issue) to cancel now? Damn these scammers.

• @ElliotJ said:
    These are the same guys as ServerPronto and Infolink.

Do not order from them, look them up and you'll see why.

+1 for this. ServerPronto is the worst company I've seen. I had a dedicated server with them 4 years ago. bad experience with billing. Search "serverpronto steal money" on google and...wow!

• They changed their mind from one time verification fee to monthly verification fee. Also people are seeing hourly charges piled up as well. lol

FortaCloud Free VPS
    A US$0.50 monthly verification fee is required to maintain your VPS. This is not a PROMO or a price that will increase after an introductory period. The FortaCloud VPS below is provided FOREVER at the price listed below, and is upgradable at any time to FortaCloud Professional VPS or Standard VPS with additional resources..

• ready to be scam , hoho

• Never got networking works on their VPS.. Support ask for $5 for answers to tickets..

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2014

the vps is Packets lost 100% from worldwide now, although it is still shown as online...

• noosVPSnoosVPS Member
    edited August 2014

Thanked by 2black cassa
  • My one still works perfectly though.

• @IceCream said:
    My one still works perfectly though.

try to login console today, but it always shown as "404"...

• @hotsnow said:

Also works for me. Maybe you are just on a bad node. Try contacting the support. They fixed the issues I had previously.

• cassacassa Member
    edited August 2014

@IceCream said:
    Also works for me. Maybe you are just on a bad node. Try contacting the support. They fixed the issues I had previously.

For what, to pay $5 and get a auto-responder?

• @cassa said:
    For what, to pay $5 and get a auto-responder?

You don't have to pay anything.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited August 2014

rsk said: I recall some cloud panels call it that, "schedule". It basically is the word for .. "hey, the master panel understood what you want, it is in the queue for the slave node to execute" .. around those lines :P

This is normal by CloudStack. Most of the tasks will be added to a job queue. It works with sync/async jobs to load balance all jobs between all management servers. CloudStack is not easy as most people think. Advanced network requires some network knowledge.

Chuck said: Wtf, they couldn't provide IPv6?

This is limited to CloudStack. CloudStack currently (4.4) do only support IPv6 in shared network. Shared network isn't supported in advanced networks and require a separate network card.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited August 2014

@IceCream said:
    You don't have to pay anything.

Support asks for $5 for answers to tickets.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2014

New Idea, lets create a "free vps" it just cost 0,50$ per Month and every Support Ticket cost 5$, each IP cost 2$, additional GB cost 0.50$ and 512MB 5$. The concept seems like to work, Albert Einstein was right

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Chuck said:
    Support asks for $5 for answers to tickets.

vm can't power on, after created a ticket, immediately got a $5 invoice...