Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam)

StevieStevie Member
edited December 2015 in General

Just saw this on a google search, you pay $0.55 one time fee.

I recommend using visa gift card, i never heard of them before - use caution.

https://in.fortacloud.co/cart/fortacloud-free-vps-/

Comments

• orakorak Member

Interesting, will have a go at this one :p

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Before doing this you might want to do a bit of digging on foratrust. IIRC they were putting customers that owed them money on a blacklist, one of the many negative things I've heard about them.

• Ordered one, but now the site's down.

• These are the same guys as ServerPronto and Infolink.

Do not order from them, look them up and you'll see why.

• StevieStevie Member

@ChaseBroyles

yea down for me too - does yours say $0.50 recurring?

• Words of warning

Fortacloud = Fortatrust = Serverpronto

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited July 2014

Felt like throwing away 50 cents, ordered, received new server information without the IP lol.

I thought I had heard of this company, looked up to their whois and looks like domain was around a month ago.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ChaseBroyles said: Ordered one, but now the site's down.

You got that email without the IP too? Mine was in spam.

• StevieStevie Member

@srvrpro

you need to build the vm first in the cp.

anyone else got $0.50 recurring though?

• ChuckChuck Member

Just paid $0.55 USD. Where can I find my vps IP address?

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited July 2014

Stevie said: you need to build the vm first in the cp.

Don't think so, and guess mine is recurring too.

The email I received:

New Account Information Package: FortaCloud Free VPS Hostname: First Payment Amount: $0.50 USD Total Amount: $0.50 USD Billing Cycle: Monthly Next Due Date: 08/24/2014 Login Details Username: xxxxxxxx Password: xxxxxxx RootPassword: xxxxxx Main IP: Disk Limit: 10 GB Bandwidth Limit: 10 MB Guaranteed RAM: 2048 MB OS: 3becc7cd-cfbe-4bfb-b33e-333d82a4c7ce

• @Stevie said:

It let me pick if I wanted a subscription payment or just one-time. I went with one-time. lol

• StevieStevie Member

@srvrpro
    @Chuck

its back now: go in cp then click setting in freevps

Your cloud servers
    Hostname IP Address: Disk Space Memory
    You don't have any Virtual Machines yet, Add new server.

Thanked by 1srvrpro
  • @Stevie said:
    ChaseBroyles

The state of Florida has a 9.5% tax. :o

• ChuckChuck Member

Mine says $0.50 recurring? Not one time fee.

• ChaseBroylesChaseBroyles Member
    edited July 2014

I can't get mine to work. I got an IP, but it's not pinging.

Edit: The console works.

• ChaseBroyles said: I can't get mine to work. I got an IP, but it's not pinging.

By default, your network has been delivered with Source NAT Public IP Addresses.

To allow external access you must configure your network from the Network Section in the Control Panel.

1. Configure Outbound Firewall Rules which define the internal IP Addresses that are allowed to access the Public Internet. For example, if you wish to allow every internal IP public acceess, with TCP, UDP, and All Ports, you would insert 0.0.0.0/0, allow TCP & UDP, and allow all ports.

2. From the Inbound Firewall settings, you will need to open up the ports to the IP Addresses you wish it to be reached from, from the Internet. 0.0.0.0/0 will allow all IP Addresses. If you want it completely open, you will need to configure ports 1 to 65000.

3. From the Port forwarding settings, You will need to forward the ports you wish to the internal IP Addresses as you require. For instance, port 80 for HTTP, 22 for SSH. A complete list can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers

You may also configure the Load Balancer to distribute traffic according to your requirements acrosss multiple VMs.

Thanked by 1thsigit
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited July 2014

Why the hell does Debian need 25GB? Should I Enable or disable HA?

• cassacassa Member

Why no worky :O
    No VNC details and console is empty.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2014
    Montant récurrent  $0.55 USD Mensuel

I know enough french by now to see w/o translation that's not a one time fee.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2014

Do NOT trust Fortatrust/cloud/whatever in ANY WAY. Do NEVER give them any CC details.

You've been warned.

• ChuckChuck Member

I use PP.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited July 2014

How abt paypal? what bad could happen on a one time payment of .55? I am still not getting their modus operandi in this. Even if they charge USD0.5/m payable monthly via paypal for a 2GB KVM?

Their blacklist page as discussed at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/11896/fortatrust-adding-non-paying-clients-to-shameroll-with-a-public-blacklist-page is no more..

• RurikoRuriko Member

I don't recommend Fortatrust. Last month they had a promotion of giving 2months free for the vps so I signed up and never got the vps for waiting a week. I even submitted a ticket and it never got replied and they cancelled my account. So in the end they're a shitty company

• I saw in their page told that there is only 0.55 verification fee but it shows $0.55 in the shopping cart.
    In addition, default port speed is 10Mbps and it needs additional $2/m for 100mbps (and $9/m for gigabit port). Are the default one ok?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

I think you guys will never receive your VPS...

Thanked by 2MSPNick pnklz
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2014

Wait, why you would by a vps at a scam host with cc giftcard?

Hilarious just DONT BUY that shit scam. Your guys getting to dirty cheap.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2014

upfreak said: is no more..

This was hard work and did cost a lot of lawyer hours.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • beware guy it scam

• gg Console not working