Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DirectAdmin resellers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DirectAdmin resellers?

apollo15apollo15 Member
edited June 2012 in General

Alright, looks like they don't have more business. I have contacted them 3 weeks ago regarding reseller quotes and they never got back to me. I also tried a year ago or so, same thing happened :(

Does anyone here have an approved DA reseller account or any 3rd party reseller I can buy affordable VPS licenses?

Thanked by 1BluBoy

Comments

• want*

• If your a provider, you can get Code 500 licenses from DirectAdmin, which cost $5.00. You have to contact them though and be a provider.

• subigosubigo Member

Sounds like your emails are probably hitting the spam filter. I've talked to them multiple times in the last month.

And like Daniel said, you can get code 500 (vps) licenses if you sign up as a client, but you'll need your own servers and you aren't allowed to resell the licenses.

• @Daniel yes I know that, but it's quite hard when they don't reply back -_-

• You cannot "resell" DirectAdmin licenses, but you can sell your customers Code 500 licenses which are $5 a pop to the provider to use on their own infrastructure. (Locked by IP)
    All I did (many moons ago) was contact them and ask how other people could sell their licenses so cheaply and they immediately offered that option, so it's not particularly difficult or exclusive, as long as you an prove you are a host.

• CoreyCorey Member

If your a provider, you can get Code 500 licenses from DirectAdmin, which cost $5.00. You have to contact them though and be a provider.

They have been making us buy owned licenses? Do you mean it costs $5 per month?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Corey said: Do you mean it costs $5 per month?

Yes, the Code 500 licenses cost $5 per month.

• TazTaz Member

How do you set it up?

• CoreyCorey Member

Oh ok then... we can still sell cheaper than you code500 people :)

• @Corey said: Oh ok then... we can still sell cheaper than you code500 people :)

I can do DirectAdmin for $0.00 :)

• CoreyCorey Member

@Daniel as can I... I just choose not to because it doesn't sell my products any faster.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Jack owned licenses.

• subigosubigo Member

@Jack said: @Corey how can you?

Or use one of the K.C. datacenters and don't pay a dime. I have over 120 licenses from them and don't pay anything.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • CoreyCorey Member

@jack yes
    @subigo your freebies will eventually run out - we've learned the hard way.

• CoreyCorey Member

@jack no subigo is evidently getting them for $0 because KC is providing them to him for $0.

Directadmin sells owned licenses that you pay 1 time for.

• subigosubigo Member

@Corey said: @subigo your freebies will eventually run out - we've learned the hard way.

Not likely.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Corey said: Directadmin sells owned licenses that you pay 1 time for.

How much do they cost? I can't really see how much time I would have to wait, untill a single owned license gets paid off via VPS customer.

• @subigo said: Not likely.

WholeSale/DataShack have had the free DA for years, I have 50 licenses with them, and they don't seem bothered.

• subigosubigo Member
    edited June 2012

@LiquidHost said: How much do they cost? I can't really see how much time I would have to wait, untill a single owned license gets paid off via VPS customer.

They're $300.

edit: But I should mention that the internal lifetime license is only $89.

So, 300$ - 5 years for a single license to pay off. I can not see why anyone would do that, when they can just lease them for 5$. Hell, I don't even know if they will be up for 5 more years, to invest money into them.

Also, what would the internal license mean - would it be a 1 license for the whole VPS node, for the whole provider, DC or?

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited June 2012

Uhm @Jack @LiquidHost ... sigh....

@subigo just told you that internal lifetime licenses are only $89 (I think we pay less somehow) We've been in business 3 years so the lifetime licenses we bought at first have been paid for many times over.

How do you think those datacenters are able to offer the licenses free?

Every license is for one server. lol @ whole vps node.

• subigosubigo Member

@LiquidHost said: Also, what would the internal license mean - would it be a 1 license for the whole VPS node, for the whole provider, DC or?

Internal pricing for hosts with client accounts.

@Corey said: Uhm @Jack @LiquidHost ... sigh....

@subigo just told you that internal lifetime licenses are only $89 (I think we pay less somehow) We've been in business 3 years so the lifetime licenses we bought at first have been paid for many times over.

How do you think those datacenters are able to offer the licenses free?

Every license is for one server. lol @ whole vps node.

Actually he said at first that the owend licenses are 300$, which made the calclulation correct, didn't it? Well, I might be wrong with everything, I have never even used direct admin.

And yeah, I had no idea how that licenses are issued, managed and etc. That's why I asked ;)

• CoreyCorey Member

@liquidhost it didn't say edit when i read it and you had already replied :)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Internal vps bulk lifetime are $49 if you buy >20

• That site doesn't seem to be legal as DirectAdmin doesn't allow "reselling" of their licenses as a stand-alone product...

• Code500 means we've to purchase 500 licenses at a time at $5 ?

Or it is something like we can purchase anytime a single license ? A bit confused about it.

• Code500 is, i think, a vps only license