Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for very low-end but reliable KVM SSD VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for very low-end but reliable KVM SSD VPS

What I need:

• Reliable service
  • Low latency to Asia (Singapore)
  • RAM: 128MB-256MB
  • HDD: 10GB - 20GB SSD
  • BW: 50GB - 100GB (1Gbps port)

What I have: $10-$15/year. I know this is quite low budget but I'm still hoping... :)

Thanks a ton in advance!

Comments

• seikanseikan Member

Well, this is impossible. Especially with KVM.

• Hmm I don't think this is something possible.

• It is possible. Its just that you get crap service or scammed.

• erkinerkin Member

Why KVM? Do you have to or do you prefer?

• @erkin I have issues installing & running elasticsearch on OpenVZ VPS :(

• You can find either reliable or cheap service, but not both.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited July 2014

Sure it's possible and with a pretty good provider, too: (1) set up an account with DigitalOcean... (2) fund it with $10... (3) find and apply a $50 DO credit coupon - they give them out from time to time on different occasions and promotions... (4) create an $5/month 512MB KVM droplet in their SINGAPORE location, so latency will be probably <1ms :)) and there you go... $10/year for a 512MB SSD KVM... well, for the first year, anyways :)

• @aglodek I haven't ever seen any $50 DO coupons before...

• @MichaelBui said: aglodek I haven't ever seen any $50 DO coupons before...

They gave them out pretty freely end of last year or beginning of this year. I have one account with DO funded with $5 plus $50 coupon, total $55. I forgot I had it, so a couple of weeks ago I Googled for DO coupons and came across another $50 coupon, but could not apply it because the coupon was only valid for attendees of some conference or trade show. DO asked me to send them a snapshot of my attendee badge. This shows they still give them out on occasion.

• Oh, you're lucky. Anyway, i'm quite unlike that trick :)

I still believe there will be someone stand out and make my request possible...