Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any provider that allows spoofed udp?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any provider that allows spoofed udp?

Hey,

is there a provider from which network one can send spoofed udp? I need to do some tests.

Regards

tr1cky

Comments

• said: is there a provider from which network one can send spoofed udp? I need to do some tests.

I doubt the provider has control over this. You should be looking for which datacenter allows UDP spoofing (or doesn't check).

• n0myn0my Member

Sounds like testing of udp packet flood ddos. I don't think LET is the place for this.

• Mhm Indeed it doesn't seem legitimate for the purpose, Why would you need a data center that doesn't follow regulations and allows spoofing?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited July 2014

Ecatel.co.uk does not restrict spoofing but i´m pretty confident that you were already aware of that1.

• HF

• Iniz.com

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Very few networks do any filtering along this vein, likely you can do this with just about any provider.

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited July 2014

Spencer said: Iniz.com

But seriously is this not something you can "test" on a virtual network or LAN?

• Microlinux said: Very few networks do any filtering along this vein, likely you can do this with just about any provider.

^^ this

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@n0my said:
    Sounds like testing of udp packet flood ddos. I don't think LET is the place for this.

Indeed that's what I want to do, but not to harm somebody but to adjust filtering for these attacks as they can be very painful for teamspeak servers. Also the amount of packets and the size would be very limited.

I know ecatel pretty much does everything, but they're not that cheap for just testing stuff.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I've done this on Rackspace before and they weren't bothered, so if they don't care I don't imagine many other hosts care either.

• You could always ticket your provider and ask them if it's OK, some hosts don't put anything in the TOS about spoofing.

• n0myn0my Member
    edited July 2014

tr1cky said: Indeed that's what I want to do, but not to harm somebody but to adjust filtering for these attacks as they can be very painful for teamspeak servers. Also the amount of packets and the size would be very limited.

I know ecatel pretty much does everything, but they're not that cheap for just testing stuff.

Thought about LAN?

• spoofer.cmand.org

Test yourself.

• emgemg Veteran

A lot of providers restrict spoofing and other "hacker" activities, but I have found that they don't mind as long as you own the source and target systems, are using them for basic hardness testing, and make sure there is no accidental collateral damage. Testing a DoS attack on your own VPS might affect other VPSs on the same node, for example, and would be a no-no.

Open a ticket to explain what you plan to do. It is a courtesy will help you avoid misunderstandings.