Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMware VPS Price
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMware VPS Price

deliriumdelirium Member
edited June 2012 in Offers

Hello guys, probably my first thread here ever since I joined.

I got a dedicated server with ESXI installed.

It came with 8 ip addresses packaged with it, I only needed 3 for three VPS units I was using for a particular project.

In connection to this, I was thinking of selling 5 little VPS units, unmanaged, just for the sake of sharing the cost, and so, I wish to know where these specs will be good enough:

$4.99/Month
1 IP address
128MB Ram
100Mbps port

50gb HDD

I will be happy for suggestions.

edited to add server location - thanks to Spirit's advice.

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member

Seems ok however if/when you will offer them don't forget to include location/datacenter info.

• Oh, amm...it was from Denver. :) I will edit my post, thanks Spirit.

• You can't sell VMs in ESXi without being a VMware registered/authorised service provider afaik

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@justinb as I understand him he don't oficially sell them (so don't expect invoice) but offer part of a server resources to share costs of a dedicated server between few parties :)

• I see, in that case, I will probably change it to HyperVM tonight.

• @Spirit, indeed. Considering that VMware proved stable and has performed well, I am still in hopes of staying with it.

How about the price guys, is it fair enough for a KVM?

• @Spirit said: @justinb as I understand him he don't oficially sell them just offer them to share costs of a dedicated server between few parties :)

Yeah I mean I wouldn't mind some personal splitting but in eyes of law isn't it still something like "exchange currency for service"

• SpiritSpirit Member

@delirium whatever you have attempt to do, do it now - not when you will share it with few "friends". Don't mess with server later :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@justinb said: "exchange currency for service"

I don't think so. It's nothing unordinary that few friends rent dedicated server, share costs and one of them administrate it. That's how I understand this "relationship" - as there is no profit included :) Anyway, I wish good luck to @delirium to find a few "friends" to share cost of a this server :)

• @Spirit, thanks for the tip. Well, I can stick with VMware if the interested party is happy with it. I had a good dedicated running with solusvm but I sell those vps units only locally as they are more profitable than selling globally.

For the VMware unit, I was just wondering if I can share it's cost as it is not part of our business per se.

• price is a little steep for 128mb. what about $4.99 for 512mb?

• @justinb said: You can't sell VMs in ESXi without being a VMware registered/authorised service provider afaik

>

This is correct per VMWare's use policy.

Be careful :).

Cheers,
    Dave

• deliriumdelirium Member
    edited June 2012

@cosmicgate, no problem with 4.99. :)