Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Drive
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Drive

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited June 2012 in General

So, today i installed google drive, 5GB Free
Using it for my Security Camera's around the house to upload the video's and images wich are taken when there is movement around (Using iSpy on an old laptop running 24/7 with 3 security camera's)

It upload pretty quick, faster then dropbox
Files are accessible quick

No complaints about it yet

Comments

• What do you need cameras for?

• @GetKVM_Ash said: What do you need cameras for?

Well, since the Euro soccer thing, we got flags and stuff here, and ppl keep pulling them off my house, and i decided to use some wireless cams (IP Camera's) to catch the ppl who are doing this

• Don't worry you can take the flags down after tonight ;)

Thanked by 3Ash_Hawkridge LES tux
  • Oh right. How are NL doing so far?

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Oh right. How are NL doing so far?

Not that good, i think they are out after tonight

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: Don't worry you can take the flags down after tonight ;)

Yeah i know, but i still want to know who does this, because i think it's the same person who is also pulling out our plants in our garden

• Nice to know England is not the only country with anti social behavior :)

• Take a look at the TOS, etc they can reuse your files etc.. thats why i aint signed up.

• @DanielM said: Take a look at the TOS, etc they can reuse your files etc.. thats why i aint signed up.

Do you use facebook?

Thanked by 1klikli
  • klikliklikli Member

@joodle said: It upload pretty quick, faster then dropbox

That's why I loved Google Docs/Drive, they almost max out my whole broadband!

• @DanielM said: Take a look at the TOS, etc they can reuse your files etc.. thats why i aint signed up.

I dont care about that, these are just security images

• @liam

My parents don't really like dogs haha

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited June 2012

@liam said: Where are these flags being flown? Can you not hang it out of a window instead or something or do you just live in a rough area?

my room on the attic (dak capelle), i got flags from the windows there to the garden and with wooden sticks in the garden, and we got some flags from the window one room below (lil brothers room)
    But some ppl just pulls them, and then the rope just breaks

I live in twente, almelo, it's kinda fucked here

• @Ash

You know i do

• @DanielM said: @Ash

You know i do

Do i haha, how ?

Well then you should know they are no better where privacy is concerned.

• @The facebook thread a while back,

but there is a difference. google hosts ur actual files. facebook does not :) only pics vids etc

• @DanielM said: only pics vids etc

I was under the impression they were files :P In fact, there even more personal IMHO.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: What do you need cameras for?

Security. :) one day I plan on installing like 20 cams around my house.

• @GetKVM_Ash

The difference is, you know whats gonna happen with your files with facebook, with google you do not.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@taipres said: Security. :) one day I plan on installing like 20 cams around my house.

I always wanted to install on my house, even bought ALL the hardware... and my dad didn't wanted :(

• @taipres said: Security. :) one day I plan on installing like 20 cams around my house.

Keep an eye on Woot, I see security systems come up there at a pretty good price about once a month or so.

Thanked by 1taipres
  • @Aldryic said: Keep an eye on Woot, I see security systems come up there at a pretty good price about once a month or so.

You turn over a new leaf Aldryic? Actually giving good advice instead of the typical "i'm better than you bleep bleep bleep" stuff?

• @taipres said: You turn over a new leaf Aldryic? Actually giving good advice instead of the typical "i'm better than you bleep bleep bleep" stuff?

Hardly. This is how I am with folks that don't try to pick a fight every three posts. Just decided to give you a last chance is all.