Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 per YEAR VPS? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5 per YEAR VPS?

Comments

• Redundent DNS ... Typo.

• LESLES Member

@vedran said: mail ends up in gmail spam.

Got no emails from them, even with password recovery.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@96mb and you are honest too with your posts. you call it as it is, bad or good. i also tried some of those providers you mentioned, and had almost the same comments as yours.

• @96mb said: I think I have the disclaimer on the top, bolded as well, and if you read my tags for this post, you'll see where I was getting with this :)

Disclaimer or not you are still helping expose more people to this guys 'deal'

you saved him the trouble of posting the deal here himself (which would probably be declared against the rules if he posted it here himself - but fine if you do it ?)

• 96mb96mb Member

@JoeMerit Let's just say once a while we need some dead pool potentials for us to have some fun, sorry if that bothers you.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited June 2012

@96mb said: Let's just say once a while we need some dead pool potentials for us to have some fun, sorry if that bothers you.

You posted a VPS offer in the wrong forum and not only that but the deal is against
    LET rules.

"Providers under 12 months old need to display valid Public WHOIS information on their domain."

They got protected WHOIS.

I dont think its good that companies can bypass the rules here by having other users post their deals or links to their deals.

• 96mb96mb Member

@JoeMerit Seriously Joe, what do you want me to do? I posted this for fun and I am not related to them at all, if you want, report to the mods and get this thread removed.

I do not know if you are one of the providers I reviewed before and did not give a good review about or if you just had a fight with your wife, or you are just another American thinking you should be the police for the whole world, but either way, I want to say again, this is for fun, if you do not like it, close it or report it, I do not care. And I am sorry if that bothers you.

• I hope you take responsibility if/when the people that learned about this company from your post and signed up lose their service and want their money back.

• 96mb96mb Member

@JoeMerit So by your theory, if people saved a lot of money after reading some good hosts I have recommended in the past, they should pay me x USD that they have saved as well?

• tmn29atmn29a Member

Damn, I'm also tempted to get one - purely as a VPN-client for Streaming :/

• 96mb96mb Member

@All: Just a clarification: I have nothing against Americans in general (have more US friends personally than I could count using both hands), I just dislike people who think they have the rights to be the policeman for the whole world :)

• @96mb said: So by your theory, if people saved a lot of money after reading some good hosts I have recommended in the past, they should pay me x USD that they have saved as well?

Nah that is not my theory at all. You can just apologize if things dont work out, and if they do you can take credit.

• 96mb96mb Member

@JoeMerit So I should apologize to people for signing up for a VPS deal that we are know is not financially sustainable and I put a disclaimer on the top and put a "deal-pool-candidate?" as one of the tags?

Err...not sure if I would apologize for people's ignorance, I have always, both in my blog and in my posts here (and on WHT as well), telling people, what you pay is what you get most of the time, if you pay the cost for a cup of coffee, don't expect to get a Ferrari out of it...if you do, count yourself really lucky.

• 96mb96mb Member

@tmn29a PM me if you want the link, again, disclaimer (to make @JoeMerit happy), I am not trying to recommend them, and please, do not ask me why it does not work out if the company vanishes tomorrow, it is too obvious...

And if you do a WHT search, I am pretty sure the post is somewhere there too.

Thanked by 1tmn29a
  • tmn29atmn29a Member

@96mb thanks man, but the link is in your link to the WHT offer ;)
    And I think anybody that orders it without reading throught this topic deserves to be ripped off. You can;t expect someone to know about VPS. but you can expect them to read !

• @JoeMerit - That's being a bit unfair to accuse him of advertising for them, intentionally or not. By that same standard, you should've been jumping all over those Constantinos, Dan Fry, UptimeVPS, etc threads as well that were posted as a warning/advisory to the community.

The fact that @96mb posted this with a 'deadpool' tag makes it pretty obvious that he's not endorsing them in any way.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited June 2012

@96mb said: So I should apologize to people for signing up for a VPS deal that we are know is not financially sustainable and I put a disclaimer on the top and put a "deal-pool-candidate?" as one of the tags?

Yes, because they learned about it from you and wouldn't have been tempted otherwise.

People trust you and associate you with good deals and good reviews, so they see this, see that you bought one, see that you got it and see that you posted a benchmark that is not half bad and they sign up for it. You are helping this guy push his product even though you think you are just having 'fun."

Also keep in mind that there is a lot of non english speaking people here that may not understand the 'fun' you are having and will sign up perhaps thinking you are endorsing it.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@JoeMerit said: Also keep in mind that there is a lot of non english speaking people here that may not understand the 'fun' you are having and will sign up perhaps thinking you are endorsing it.

Well, since @96mb does have some income from his site, maybe he should hire translators. But my feeling is he has done what I see as justified to relay his feeling this provider will not last long, buy at your own risk. If the reader does not have a firm grasp of English, how is that his fault? I see posts all the time at hostnoc looking for translation, so that tells me the Chinese that do not have a firm grasp of English are looking for help from other who do. Shifting that to the Author is irresponsible.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

They added more plans, all yearly payments only.

Stinks like uptimevps to me but what do I know...

Francisco

• 96mb96mb Member

@Francisco: Just noticed that, and their Data Centre and Network page was copied directly from RedStation, LOL

Redstation: http://www.redstation.com/colocation_data_centre.html

Theirs: http://xmxen.com/data-center.html http://xmxen.com/network.html

• 96mb96mb Member

And their about page is copied from ThrustVPS:

Thrust: http://www.thrustvps.com/about/why-thrust/

Theirs: http://xmxen.com/about.html

Man, this is getting more and more hilarious :)

Reminds me exactly of the blazevps dude and uptimeVPS.

Francisco

Thanked by 1lbft
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said: They added more plans, all yearly payments only.

Stinks like uptimevps to me but what do I know...

Francisco

I am not sure if it is the right provider ( xmxen.com), cause the link at the begining was removed, however atleast xmxen.com now do have monthly payments?

• @Francisco said: Reminds me exactly of the blazevps dude and uptimeVPS.

Didn't UptimeVPS try to scam at least a little bit more professional?

http://secure.xmxen.com/cart.php?gid=3

Everything is yearly on there

Francisco

@gsrdgrdghd said: Didn't UptimeVPS try to scam at least a little bit more professional?

Yeah, I forgot all the professional hosts move from .com to .co :)

uptimevps went through a few templates for their site, took reservation orders for at least 1 location that never actually showed up and they pushed nothing but yearly deals. They had a couple monthly prices but it was so high that people were more inclined to yearly it due to the huge discount.

Francisco

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said: http://secure.xmxen.com/cart.php?gid=3

Everything is yearly on there

Francisco

Oh, I was looking at the main page only. I see now that they are out of stock and they are selling some ovzs...

Ah well, we are barely making any small profit on double of their prices when we run yearly deals... They won't last for long.

• 96mb96mb Member

Seems they at least care to buy a WHMCS, LOL:

This domain is authorized to be using WHMCS.

• 96mb96mb Member

Take a look at this one: http://secure.xmxen.com/cart.php?licensedebug&forceremote

Performing Remote Check: Array ( [licensekey] => Leased-05f34fc29d705e711c48 [domain] => secure.xmxen.com [ip] => 77.74.196.162 [dir] => /home/securexm/public_html )
    Raw Remote Response: Active LicenseCube 2 Monthly Lease 2012-06-13 0000-00-00 Free Account secure.xmxen.com,www.secure.xmxen.com 77.74.196.162 /home/securexm/public_html Reseller=LicenseCube 53d7528daede7b3d917c43b2e3b2794f 5.0.3
    Remote Check Completed

Results for 77.74.196.162 :

% This is the RIPE Database query service.
    % The objects are in RPSL format.
    %
    % The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.
    % See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Note: this output has been filtered.
    % To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag.

% Information related to '77.74.196.160 - 77.74.196.191'

inetnum: 77.74.196.160 - 77.74.196.191
    netname: STUART-JARRAD-IP-1
    descr: STUART JARRAD IP RANGE 1
    admin-c: DH1778-RIPE
    tech-c: DH1778-RIPE
    mnt-by: UKSERVERS-MNT
    source: RIPE # Filtered

person: David Howes
    address: UK Dedicated Servers Ltd
    address: 61 Somers Road Industrial Estate
    address: Rugby