Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ Certified Datacenter ★ EUROPE - from 1.99 € ★ RootNerds myVPS ★ Premium Bandwidth ★ ...3.9 GHz ★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ Certified Datacenter ★ EUROPE - from 1.99 € ★ RootNerds myVPS ★ Premium Bandwidth ★ ...3.9 GHz ★

RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep
edited July 2014 in Offers

Hey again! Two weeks ago we've presented the new RootNerds myVPS hosting plans. This offer is of course still valid. Our Datacenter is now also TÜV certified (Level 3) and ISO/IEC 27001 certified as well as ISO 9001 certified.

Some facts:

LookingGlass: http://lg.rootnerds.com/

Test Files/Looking Glass: http://84.200.70.70/ or http://[2001:1608:10:25::7070]/

You can find all our plans at: http://www.rootnerds.com/vps

myVPS M:

1.99 €/Month (recurring) - Order - No Setup Fee - Instant Setup

1 GB RAM

50 GB HDD

200 GB Traffic

1 Core - up to 3,9 GHz

1 IPv4 included

10 IPv6 included

myVPS L:

2.49 €/Month (recurring) - Order - No Setup Fee - Instant Setup

2 GB RAM

100 GB HDD

300 GB Traffic

1 Core - 3,9 GHz

1 IPv4 included

10 IPv6 included

myVPS XL:

2.99 €/Month (recurring) - Order - No Setup Fee - Instant Setup

3 GB RAM

200 GB HDD

500 GB Traffic

2 Cores - 3,9 GHz

1 IPv4 included

10 IPv6 included

myVPS XXL:

4.99 €/Month (recurring) - Order - No Setup Fee - Instant Setup

4 GB RAM

400 GB HDD

800 GB Traffic

4 Cores - 3,9 GHz

1 IPv4 included

10 IPv6 included

All VPS are virtualized using OVZ.

Contact/Support

Of course, here in this thread.

Mail: support [AT] rootnerds.com

LiveChat (Look at the bottom right)

Take a look at the Whois entry

★ We are RIPE NCC Member ★

Sincerely,

Ideal-Hosting UG (haftungsbeschränkt)

Haagstraße 9

91054 Erlangen

Germany

[email protected]

Tel.: +49 (0) 9131-9279944-10

Fax: +49 (0) 9131-9279939

Managing director: Ulrich Strunz

Com. Register: Fürth HRB 14249

EU VAT Nr.: DE282838796

Imprint. All prices are valid including 19 % VAT where applicable.

Thanked by 1askance

Comments

• cassacassa Member

Nnnno!

• Bandwidth looks not really generous.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

BW too low for this location :) And probably FM do all on this week..

• RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep

Thanks for your feedback regarding bandwidth! We're not going with a least cost policy and route most traffic via DTAG, Level 3 etc. This comes with the downside of traffic being expensive. For most of our customers the bandwidth in the plans is sufficient - if it's not for you just contact us beforehand and we will work something out with you :)

@fitvpn: Especially for you this could be interesting as we can provide you with subnets with own Whois - so contact us and we will work something out.

• Hi.

What exact CPUs do you use? Never saw 3.9 GHz CPUs on VPS's, it's really interesting for some projects. BTW still want 4+ GHz (with boosts enabled). It really confuses me, that most of VPS providers do not enable Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, there are no much power consumption increase, but cool performance gain for applications, which can run only on 1 CPU core (can not use multi-threading).

What will happen if bandwidth will be overused? Service cancellation or pay per GB? If pay per GB, then what's the cost?

Offtopic: Why most of Germany hosting-providers force non-Europe people to pay VAT? It seems like, that only Hetzner exclude VAT.

P.S. Set default OS choose to Debian 7. Many users choose defaults, so you enforce attention to old version of Debian (6).

edited July 2014

Hi Profforg,

What exact CPUs do you use?

e.g. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU

What will happen if bandwidth will be overused? Service cancellation or pay per GB? If pay per GB, then what's the cost?

For our low budget offers we just suspend the machines until next billing date. If you contact us beforehand we can work something out :) GB price depends on how much you need.

Offtopic: Why most of Germany hosting-providers force non-Europe people to pay VAT? It seems like, that only Hetzner exclude VAT.

That's a mix calculation - from some customers you receive the full price (without VAT) and for some customers you have to pay "Umsatzsteuer". So this is a mixed price calculation.

P.S. Set default OS choose to Debian 7. Many users choose defaults, so you enforce attention to old version of Debian (6).

Thanks for that tip, that's actually good.

Hope that answers all your questions ;)

• raphajraphaj Member

What is the uplink speed, 100Mbit/s?
    If yes, 1Gbit/s possible?

@raphaj said:
    What is the uplink speed, 100Mbit/s?
    If yes, 1Gbit/s possible?

Yes, 100 Mbit/s is included. For a one-time payment we can upgrade you to 1 Gbit/s - just contact the support :)

• askanceaskance Member
    edited July 2014

Ordered the XXL offer, here's my bench.sh result:

CPU model : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 3392.137 MHz Total amount of ram : 4096 MB Total amount of swap : 0 MB System uptime : 82 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 11.1MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 9.56MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 5.49MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.66MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.6MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.9MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.63MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 6.15MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 4.79MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 6.77MB/s I/O speed : 156 MB/s
    Seems really snappy and highly responsive thus far. :)

@RootNerds said:
    Yes, 100 Mbit/s is included. For a one-time payment we can upgrade you to 1 Gbit/s - just contact the support :)

Could you tell us how much that will cost? I'd like to make sure its worth considering for my requirements before bothering to write a ticket. ;)

Also, I just noticed that the reverse DNS points to someone elses domain and I can't change it (edit: support fixed it, see below):

~# dig -x 84.200.69.54

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;54.69.200.84.in-addr.arpa.     IN      PTR

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    54.69.200.84.in-addr.arpa. 10799 IN     CNAME   54.0-127.69.200.84.in-addr.arpa.
    54.0-127.69.200.84.in-addr.arpa. 10799 IN PTR   brenna.coffeeshopwiters.com.

;; Query time: 87 msec
    ;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
    ;; WHEN: Sat Jul 19 16:42:31 CEST 2014

edited July 2014

@askance: Thanks for posting your results!
    The one-time cost for Gigabit is 15 € (incl. VAT where applicable) and will work for all your VPS you have on the specific node. Looks like something went wrong with deleting the old rDNS record. Could you come to live-chat fast or open a ticket and let us know what you want it changed to?

Thanked by 1askance
  • askanceaskance Member
    edited July 2014

@RootNerds said:
    askance: Thanks for posting your results!
    The one-time cost for Gigabit is 15 € (incl. VAT where applicable) and will work for all your VPS you have on the specific node. Looks like something went wrong with deleting the old rDNS record. Could you come to live-chat fast or open a ticket and let us know what you want it changed to?

Thanks, I've spoken with someone via live-chat and they changed the rDNS entry for me. :)

Thanked by 1RootNerds

Profforg said: P.S. Set default OS choose to Debian 7. Many users choose defaults, so you enforce attention to old version of Debian (6).

@Profforg This is now changed. Debian 7 is the default.

• RootNerds said: @Profforg This is now changed. Debian 7 is the default.

Glad to hear that.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Are you colocating with Accelerated IT? I have a VPS with CrownCloud (@speedbus) they also provided me the IP from same IP Range & upon checking got that the IP's are registered for same Company Accelerated IT GmBH.

Yes. We became RIPE LIR couple of month ago and will start using own IP-Ranges in the near future. Don't worry, we won't force you to renumber your services.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2014

My only complaint about this host is for some reason they are unable to implement Tun/TAP modules correctly in SolusVM (even though the buttons are there they do not work) like almost every other host has done already. Every time you reboot your server you have to request that support manually re-setup the tun/tap device by ticket. They don't even keep track of this for node reboots, so every time there is maintenance it takes about 24 hours before they get it set back up and working (meaning downtime for any app which relies on it).

Other than this, their servers are quite stable, the network is a good blend with decent latency to most places and the price vs resources is hard to beat.

Here is hoping they can actually fix this, seeing as they have had time to do new sales and setup new nodes, one would think they could find the 20 minutes to perfect tun/tap.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@RootNerds Do you offer yearly plans? Also, in your order page, you have the option for 3 months that is 2 cents more expensive to pay month by month! (1.99€ per month, 5.99€ for three months)

• Everything is unreachable for me at the moment: my VPS, Customer Panel, Rootnerds Homepage... only the solus panel is up but I am unable to start my server.

The Client/Billing Panel throws an exception:

Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

My Munin monitoring reports that it went down just a few minutes ago, bad timing to deploy a project I guess. ;)

update:

The status page now reports the outage fixed and my VPS is back up. Talk about bad timing on my part! ;)
    Kudos for getting everything back up in about 15 minutes time.

TheLinuxBug said: Here is hoping they can actually fix this, seeing as they have had time to do new sales and setup new nodes, one would think they could find the 20 minutes to perfect tun/tap.

This is unfortunately a bug which can not be fixed without a re-installation. As this only affects a very small amount of servers, we decided to not do that. We're however fixing those affected customers very fast as soon as we receive a ticket. Sorry for that.

jvnadr said: Do you offer yearly plans?

Not really. While we have a good faith that we will exist in a year, it feels bad to charge someone for a year. I think semi-annual payments is something we could look into. Thanks for the feedback, we'll take a look at the pricing issue. (probably a rounding issue)

askance said: Talk about bad timing on my part! ;)

Bad timing that two servers went into trouble at once as well. Sorry for that and thanks for the kudos. Also, thanks for linking to the status page - maybe it was useful for another customer :)

I appreciate the feedback we're getting from the LET community, we'll actively work on resolving issues mentioned here.