Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best VPN Platform to bypass skype
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best VPN Platform to bypass skype

Hello Everyone. I need your help. One of my client need to hide their IP from Skype.
So my question is PPTP or OpenVPN will best to bypass Skype.

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

both would work

• @AlexanderM said:
    both would work

Thanks for your reply!! but my question is about the best in term of stability and performance.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

@outance said:
    Thanks for your reply!! but my question is about the best in term of stability and performance.

http://www.giganews.com/vyprvpn/compare-vpn-protocols.html

PPTP is a fast, & easy-to-use protocol with a simple setup process. It is a good choice if OpenVPN isn't supported by your device.

>

OpenVPN is the recommended protocol for desktops including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Highest performance - fast, secure and reliable.

• @AlexanderM said:

OpenVPN is the recommended protocol for desktops including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Highest performance - fast, secure and reliable.

Thanks, I will go with OpenVPN.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

OpenVPN uses a external Ethernet adapter for tunneling vpn traffic, some applications bypass that adapter and still get your real IP from the default windows Ethernet adapter.

PPTP covers everything because the default windows ethernet adapter will be reconfigured with the VPN details. This means that applications are forced to use the vpn IP with PPTP.

• OpenVPN is the best choice. PPTP is known not very secured.

• ATHKATHK Member

@jimmyvu said:
    OpenVPN is the best choice. PPTP is known not very secured.

In this case it's not really about security more if the application will use the correct protocol or adapter.

I believe Skype has proxy settings anyway so a normal ssh tunnel should work.

• GaNiGaNi Member

OpenVPN on UDP should do.

• IshaqIshaq Member

SOCKS will work fine too.