Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dr.Server Equals Pure Awesomeness
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dr.Server Equals Pure Awesomeness

duyan13duyan13 Member
edited July 2014 in Reviews

Hello guys,

so if you are very often around this forum you may have seen my threads and lately I was with Dr.Server because I simply needed a VPS which has cpu cores that can be abused (Compiling stuff). So the purchase went very smoothly and I got the VPS within minutes. Windows Server was pre-installed on it and it was ready to do.. I downloaded the whole chromium source which is pretty large ( 20-30GB ) and compiled that crap, to my surprise it went really really fast ! I couldn't even believe this lol ! From that time I was impressed by their performance they offer. Quite Amazing...

And you know what ? Ya the best part comes now. They sponsored me a vps !!!!! to compile the source ? Can you even believe this ? Pure Awesomeness right ?
Oh and forgot to mention their amazing support, I promise you will get a response within minutes...

Conclusion: A must go in my opinion :)

Thank you guys for that awesome experience ! Well deserved ;)

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member

To be honest, I think this review is still more effective than the ones where people just post benchmarks all day...

• @Pwner said:
    To be honest, I think this review is still more effective than the ones where people just post benchmarks all day...

Yes I also think so the full compilation time of the whole chromium source just took 2-3 hours...

Thanked by 1drserver
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

We are just paying back what we owe to this community... It is not all about profits...

Just to remind you:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/16183/market-research-my-low-cost-service#latest

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2014

And I can see sponsoring your VPS paid them well..

• @drserver

When is dirtcheap.ninja ready? ^_^

IceCream said: When is dirtcheap.ninja ready? ^_^

last stage of development of panel.
    Service as service is tested and ready.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Nicely done :-), seems all the guys @drserver and brands are quite awesome.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Pwner said:

So true, I mean really what is the difference between 174 MB/s and 300 MB/s sequential IO or 500 +- on unixbench in terms of real world performance that you actually notice and when you realize the answer is nothing what is left but the company itself and how they treat you.

Thanked by 3drserver jar vimalware
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Andrej seems like a nice guy!

Thanked by 1drserver

Ishaq said: Andrej seems like a nice guy!

Thank you for kind words. Well we always support developers. If we have spare resources we would gladly help anyone here if project is good.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Dam fast response times and helpfull i like that guy :)

• k0nslk0nsl Member

He really is :)

Anyway, seems like another person got to experience the 'power of dr.Server' :)

@Ishaq said:
    Andrej seems like a nice guy!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    So true, I mean really what is the difference between 174 MB/s and 300 MB/s sequential IO or 500 +- on unixbench in terms of real world performance that you actually notice and when you realize the answer is nothing what is left but the company itself and how they treat you.

Uhh... because my Wordpress will generate it's cache file 0.0000000001 second faster? I mean I guess if performance isn't what really matters to you and you can spare a fraction of a percentage of a number far lower than 1 then yeah maybe this review makes more sense than those. As for the rest of us, it's all about performance because we purchase VPS to run DD tests.

This lesson in how to disagree with someone while really agreeing with them brought to you by Red Bull and Mt Dew mixed.

Thanked by 2vedran Shoaib_A
  • StevieStevie Member

@drserver Is really cool dude, I made a order (Using the contact form) with the worst lyrics possible(Not on purpose, I just suck at that) and still he processed the order.

(I am sure if I ordered like that anywhere else I would get a WTF? and ticket closed)

Sadly I did not save what I wrote, but that is a good thing to me :-P .

• Andrej is surely a great person, and @drserver is truly a good provider. I once have had 4 vps with them, with very good performance and uptime.

• ATHKATHK Member

Just don't expect to purchase an SSL off these guys they're always out of stock.

• ehabehab Member

OKY, where are the Dr's offers : )

Thanked by 1drserver
  • StevieStevie Member
    edited July 2014

Where is the ObamaServer Stimulus package? Been waiting for ages for one.....

//EDIT - Its directed at the ObamaCare Crap Mess - I Did A FUNNIE!

• Yes, I am also very happy with them.. great service!

Thanked by 1drserver
  • wojonswojons Member

I have servers with him across all of his brands.

1 xenstorage (backups and archives)
    2 abusive core (database and api server)
    1 sugarvps (testing server)
    1 byteshack (web server)

Thanked by 2Brad drserver
  • wojonswojons Member

@ehab said:
    OKY, where are the Dr's offers : )

he is listed here somewhere but its best to just contact u directly tell him everything you could want or differnet nodes u hav that ur not happy with he should be able to convert u into his following

Thanked by 1drserver

ATHK said: Just don't expect to purchase an SSL off these guys they're always out of stock.

We do SSL only as favor to clients with bare minimum profits (in cents). If you really wish to buy ssl from us, fell free to contacts sales. We will provision you one.

• ATHKATHK Member

@drserver said:
    We do SSL only as favor to clients with bare minimum profits (in cents). If you really wish to buy ssl from us, fell free to contacts sales. We will provision you one.

I did that in May was waiting for it to be in stock after I was told it'll be in stock in a week, waited that week then ... BAM got a full refund with no explanation..

But yea whatever I just purchased from someone else where I didn't have to wait..

I've looked at the ticket and it seems you never got a response to the email you sent me in regards holding a cert for me, although I have it in my sent box asking for you to hold one for me, I sent it to the same email as the prior ones...

ATHK said: I've looked at the ticket and it seems you never got a response to the email you sent me in regards holding a cert for me, although I have it in my sent box asking for you to hold one for me, I sent it to the same email as the prior ones...

Hi,

Refund was issued as we did get your reply. I am really sorry if you had bad experience with us. If there is anything that i can do for you to fix this issue please let me know.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2014

Agreed. drServer really is awesome! Got 4 boxes with them, they are performing superb.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • ATHKATHK Member

@drserver said:

Do you mean.. didn't or did? I'm confused here..

ATHK said: Do you mean.. didn't or did? I'm confused here..

Ticket was never updated with your reply. As we was out of stock, i had to refund you as it is not fair in any way to hold your money while we are unable to deliver your SSL.

Once again i am sorry for the issue you had.

@IceCream said: When is dirtcheap.ninja ready

PROMO CODE: ninja.tester

1st month free Valid for IPv6 Ninja

• gtechgtech Member

@drserver said:
    1st month free Valid for IPv6 Ninja

Thanks, just picked up the low end ninja

• what are the locations at dirtcheap.ninja?