Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some review's about prometeus.net VPS provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some review's about prometeus.net VPS provider

Hello, everyone! I need some review's regarding prometeus.net, they are providing vps for a good price 25 euros / 8gb plan. I recently tried transip.net and was dissapointed about their network and cpu performance.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Son, you will not be disappoint.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2014

If you are not going to love your service with Prometeus, then something is wrong with you... :-) I am with Salvatore & his team since many, many moons and they are a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

• @Amitz said:
    If you will not love your service with Prometeus, then something is wrong with you... :-)

+1

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Sorry, but what locations they are using? Cannot see that info.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2014

Milano, Italy & Dallas, USA.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • alexhalexh Member

@heihachi88 said:
    Hello, everyone! I need some review's regarding prometeus.net, they are providing vps for a good price 25 euros / 8gb plan. I recently tried transip.net and was dissapointed about their network and cpu performance.

They've been around for a long time, apparently since 1997. Reviews:

Some people are over ~150 days uptime. Really solid service.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Just buy......extremely good. You will have no regrets.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Damn, it's Italy... too bad... Well, what about filemedia.de - have someone used them?

• they have US location too.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@heihachi88 said:
    Damn, it's Italy... too bad... Well, what about filemedia.de - have someone used them?

Chief, how's about you tell us what you need and where you need it, then we can recommend you a provider or two that can meet your needs.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@Nekki said:
    Chief, how's about you tell us what you need and where you need it, then we can recommend you a provider or two that can meet your needs.

^ What momma said: Tell us your needs and we'll get you pleased!

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • One of the reliable providers based in Italy, however they provide services in Dallas and India as well.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I need NL/DE location.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Vultr, Ramnode, Bradler & Krantz, colorhost.de

Thanked by 2kontam Colorhost
  • berkayberkay Member

Go with RamNode.

Thanked by 1kontam
  • BradBrad Member
    edited July 2014

@heihachi88 said:
    I need NL/DE location.

You have RamNode for NL, but I don't think you'll get 8gb for that price.

• @Brad said:

yeah, ramnode is even more expensive than DO.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

heihachi88 said: Damn, it's Italy... too bad

First of all, their network and peering in Italy has very fast and stable connections with Europe and US, you will not see any real difference to the rest of Europe. On the other hand, you can use their IWstack plans, very scalable, very well priced and real cloud that having servers also in US. I have IWstack account, Xen plan and last year I also used Overzold, never had a single complain (I have never opened a ticket for repairing something, you set it up and you forget it!)

• WellGroundedWellGrounded Member
    edited July 2014

@heihachi88 said:
    Damn, it's Italy... too bad... Well, what about filemedia.de - have someone used them?

I would not recommend--they wouldn't even offer me a refund after going through a frustrating setup process. Opened a PayPal dispute and they responded by threatening to report me for fraud and to their lawyer... over 10 euros?

• AmitzAmitz Member

Indeed. I am located in Germany and still prefer Prometeus over any german provider. The added latency is minimal and their network has been (and is) top-notch.

• vedranvedran Veteran

WellGrounded said: I would not recommend--they wouldn't even offer me a refund after going through a frustrating setup process. Opened a PayPal dispute and they responded by threatening to report me for fraud and to their lawyer... over 10 euros?

Can you say more about the whole situation? Did you ask for a refund because you didn't like something? Did they suspend you and if yes, why?

Thanked by 2jvnadr netomx
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

WellGrounded said: I would not recommend--they wouldn't even offer me a refund after going through a frustrating setup process. Opened a PayPal dispute and they responded by threatening to report me for fraud and to their lawyer... over 10 euros?

What the hell means "frustrating setup process"? Did you try to use IWstack? If yes, do you know how to use it? It is a cheap unmanaged service, your lack of knowledge is not a reason for disputes! And, yes, they have to protect their reputation and rights. It is not about 10€ but their use of Paypal. If I was them I wouldn't want to have a dispute in my paypal account, when my services have not issues, I clearly state in my TOS that I don't give refunds and, after all, it is a customer's fault the lacking of knowledge...

TL;DR Sal and Mao are doing excellent job, ask anybody here, will tell you (they are 1st or 2nd voted provider in the last 5-6 polls, here)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

jvnadr said: TL;DR Sal and Mao are doing excellent job, ask anybody here, will tell you (they are 1st or 2nd voted provider in the last 5-6 polls, here)

maybe you should read the quoted text...

Thanked by 2netomx tux
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2014

perennate said: maybe you should read the quoted text...

Oh, now I see, he must probably talks about filemedia.de. If yes, Mea Culpa... Sorry @WellGrounded

Thanked by 2netomx Maounique
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@WellGrounded said:
    I would not recommend--they wouldn't even offer me a refund after going through a frustrating setup process. Opened a PayPal dispute and they responded by threatening to report me for fraud and to their lawyer... over 10 euros?

That is quite common here in Germany. We love to threaten people with lawyers as soon as we are at our wits end. Even though we know ourselves that this lets us look stupid from time to time. ;-)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • I wouldn't file a PayPal dispute unless I asked for a refund first, which I did. I even said I would file a PayPal dispute if they could not offer me a refund, but they refused.

Yep, the issue was the unmanaged service. I had too much trouble setting it up and other issues including VNC, etc. After working it out with support for a long time, I asked nicely for a refund, but they cited their ToS. Oh well.

• bobbybobby Member
    edited July 2014

@heihachi88 said:
    I need NL/DE location.

Prometeus is only 10ms from Frankfurt.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Prometeus is my number 1 provider i am with them about 2 years maybe longer. But the network is very good overall sometimes better then closer like NL(I am located in NL) you can test with their looking glass for testing

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • trexostrexos Member
    edited July 2014

@WellGrounded said:
    I wouldn't file a PayPal dispute unless I asked for a refund first, which I did. I even said I would file a PayPal dispute if they could not offer me a refund, but they refused.

Yep, the issue was the unmanaged service. I had too much trouble setting it up and other issues including VNC, etc. After working it out with support for a long time, I asked nicely for a refund, but they cited their ToS. Oh well.

Apparently, filemedia didn't do something wrong. You bought a VPS, but you weren't able to manage it. However, the product was fine. It was your fault and as stated in their TOS, they don't offer refunds for that case. Maybe I have a different way of looking at things like that as I'm German, but IMO you did something wrong with opening a dispute.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • They're always one of our top 'uptime' performers every month. Solid network, solid machines. Recommended.

Thanked by 2netomx Maounique