Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody heard from HTTPZoom?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody heard from HTTPZoom?

He's normally pretty hot on replying to tickets (ie, within a few hours), but I've not heard from him since Monday, which is unusual. I'm wondering if anybody else has been in touch with him over the past few days?

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Why do you need to open a lot of tickets?

• I don't?

• IshaqIshaq Member

He's not upgrading kernels either, mine is still on 88.4 - I would say take a backup just in case.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I've had to bump tickets to get a reply before now, but I've also had 10 minute replies, so I reckon it's down to how busy they are.

• @MistahKoala said:
    I don't?

Sounds like you submitted enough tickets to establish a 'normal' timeline on responses.

• MistahKoalaMistahKoala Member
    edited July 2014

I didn't realise it was unreasonable to use a host's technical support over the course of being a customer for a couple of years!

• @MistahKoala said:
    I didn't realise it was unreasonable to use a host's technical support over the course of being a customer for a couple of years!

Absolutely nothing wrong with that given it's over the span of couple of years.

• MistahKoalaMistahKoala Member
    edited July 2014

I've got a couple of VPS' with HTTPZoom. I probably average about a ticket every couple of months for both. Some tickets turn out to be issues at my end, but others aren't. James has been really good with tickets and my experience has been that he is prompt and helpful. I raised a ticket on Friday, he replied on Monday, which I immediately replied to (with a follow-up yesterday - it's a high-importance problem at my end) and haven't heard since. So this is unusual for him. I'm just wondering if he's okay and if anybody else has heard from him.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately we were over-reliant on James and the technical support he could provide. Over the past 24 hours we've taken on another staff member to lessen the load and hopefully this also results in more offers coming out and really us having more of a buzz around the brand like a year or so ago!

• SpiritSpirit Member

@httpzoom aren't you James?

• HTTPConspiracy!! It's normally a day ish for replies for me, although most of my tickets are low priority.

• Spirit said: @httpzoom aren't you James?

BEST +1

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited July 2014

@Spirit said:
    httpzoom aren't you James?

That is James.

@Ishaq said:
    He's not upgrading kernels either, mine is still on 88.4 - I would say take a backup just in case.

Kernel has been updated too.

Just for an update there are some new plans to come very soon, we're finished with the control panel move and we're now focusing on increasing the performance of our nodes and fixing any outstanding issues (IPv6).

Thanked by 2josephb linuxthefish