Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me new "POPs"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest me new "POPs"

MuZoMuZo Member

So I run a backup "network" for development purposes / fun - not production, which synchronize encrypted files automatically between the nodes.

I've already got some nodes but their mostly in Europe and I would like some suggestions/offers to expand the "network". ATM it syncs a small amount of data around 1-3 GBs.

I'm looking for cheap yearly deals with at least: 1 core, 128MB RAM, 3GB disk, not sure about bandwidth but I think 50-100GB should be enough.

Current nodes:

Europe (ignore CZ as it's a test VPS - in the groups there is one in AMS NL and the others are in Düsseldorf and Frankfurt in DE):

I'm thinking about torqhost in EE but it won't be that "useful" as that area is quite covered by LT/RU (but I could cancel my RU vps as it's network it's pretty bad), maybe ginernet in ES, I'm open to suggestions :D

Comments

• If you want to expand outside Europe, NYC and ATL might be worthwhile. Also ORD.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Come in Canada! ;)

• Asia, man..

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Some obvious omissions are South Africa, Singapore and central Russia (Novosibirsk).
    Now, whether or not you'll be able to find cheap yearly deals in any of those, is a different question...

• MuZoMuZo Member

Yes I would like to have a more worldwide coverage and maybe optimize Europe as IT-DE-NL are very close network wise, maybe ES - DE - BG / TR might be better. Could BG / TR cover Middle East? Italy thought would be good for North Africa right?

Speaking of Africa host1plus/vps.co.za in ZA are probably the cheapest options but I don't think the cost is worth it.

About USA I think I could add some in the North like NYC or maybe Montreal CA and Oregon (which is ORD?). Any suggestions about providers / better solutions network wise?

For South America I've read all/most cables go trough Miami, so getting a vps there would "cover the area"?

Central Russia would be indeed interesting, I've found some time ago a provider in Yekaterinburg which offered vpses starting from ~3€/month but that page is now 404. There is another one in Kazan which starts from 8€/month but their too expensive for a fun/dev project.

Regarding Asia SG / HK are probably the cheapest and better options but they are quite expensive too. I might get one from OAH as that zone is pretty much empty. Are there other providers in the price range of OAH? India would be interesting too.

Oceania should be ok with the LES in Sidney as I don't know any other cheap option around.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Would you be interested in Bulgaria? I'd be able to offer you a good deal :)

• MuZoMuZo Member

@AlexBarakov said: Would you be interested in Bulgaria? I'd be able to offer you a good deal :)

Probably yes but:

MuZo said: Could BG / TR cover Middle East?

Also i-83 offers LES-like service in Varna, BG

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2014

MuZo said: I've found some time ago a provider in Yekaterinburg which offered vpses starting from ~3€/month but that page is now 404. There is another one in Kazan which starts from 8€/month but their too expensive for a fun/dev project.

There's quite a lot of them in Novosibirsk, for example I hear some good things about http://park-web.ru/
    But none or almost none are going to have an English website or support international payment options.

MuZo said: Regarding Asia SG / HK are probably the cheapest and better options but they are quite expensive too. I might get one from OAH as that zone is pretty much empty. Are there other providers in the price range of OAH?

I keep a list of Singapore providers, meaning to do an overview/comparison someday. Currently DO is the best you're going to get there, at least based on specs for the price. And HK is much much harder to get anything worthwhile in, than SG.