Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS merger to ChicaoVPS gone wrong.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS merger to ChicaoVPS gone wrong.

BellaBella Member
edited July 2014 in General

So back when UGVPS existed I had around 22 yearly deals with them. I stopped using them 3-4 months in, as the support became almost non existant. Anyways most of my VPS's should still be active as they should all expire within October 2014-December 2014

Today I decided to use them for running some temporary scripts. So I reset my ChicagoVPS password, since the UGVPS password did not work any more, I go to My Services > View Details > Reboot.

Action Failed: Virtual server not found

So I go through all the other VPS's that say Active in WHMCS, and it says the same error

I try to log into SolusVM, and no SolusVM account exists for my username.

I don't understand how they call it a merge where they don't even move the previous VPS's.

Comments

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited July 2014

Uh oh. That may be the last time you will see your VPS ever again.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Explain the meaning of support became almost non existant?

• Did you file a support ticket with them before posting here?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • BellaBella Member
    edited July 2014

@jcaleb said:
    Explain the meaning of support became almost non existant?

When I bought the VPSs, UGVPS's support was good, Crystal would always reply to my tickets within 3 hours, usually a few minutes.

A few months later all the UGVPS drama started and support literally took a week or more to reply, I think the guy who replied was named Alex.

@mpkossen said:
    Did you file a support ticket with them before posting here?

Yes I opened it around 2 hours before posting here. (Still awaiting a response)

I'm just disappointed that my VPS's wern't assigned new IP's or even recreated since the merger completed months ago.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Bella said: Yes I opened it around 2 hours before posting here. (Still awaiting a response)

Based on my past experience with CVPS, 12 hours is a more likely timeframe for a response. Bit shitty though, you can understand maybe one or two VPS might not get migrated properly because shit happens, but 22?

In anycase, I'm sure they'll respond and sort you out, but once in again in my experience, support isn't often quick.

Thanked by 2ATHK Bella
  • BellaBella Member

All issues have been resolved. They replied to the ticket.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

So just to top and tail this, and to be fair to CVPS, what had happened and how long in total did it take to get all 22 VPS back online?

• BellaBella Member
    edited July 2014

About seven hours and all of the IPS in the whmcs system were the old ones so they replaced it with the new ones. And they recreated the solusvm account. No data lost ( I didn't really have anything on the vpses to begin with). Just needed new ips reassigned

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited July 2014

Kind of a huge over look on their part just imagine if those servers were mission critical and you were on a desert island with no internet....

• erkinerkin Member

You'd better began digging about things once they didn't send you the new informations just after the merge. Anyway; it's good that you didn't lose much time or any data.

• SpiritSpirit Member

Closed - per thread starter's request.

This discussion has been closed.