Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Apache 2.4 + MariaDB 5.5 & PHP 5.4 on CentOS/SL 7 (a.k.a LAMP stack)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apache 2.4 + MariaDB 5.5 & PHP 5.4 on CentOS/SL 7 (a.k.a LAMP stack)

edited July 2014 in Tutorials

This is not really a tutorial but a autoinstaller shell script!

In case you don't have wget installed (i.e CentOS 7 minimal):

yum install wget -y

Apache 2.4 + MariaDB 5.5 & PHP 5.4 on CentOS/SL 7:

wget http://apps.singul4rity.com/fvps/centos7-lamp.sh -O - |bash

What is included/installed?

• Apache 2.4.6 & dependencies
  • MariaDB 5.5.37 & dependencies
  • PHP 5.4.16 & dependencies
  • PHP MySQL Module
  • PHP GD Module
  • PHP Pear Module
  • PHP XML Module
  • PHP Mbstring Module

Read more on my original post: http://freevps.us/thread-14112.html

You can also contact me at #freevps @ irc.rizon.net (look out for kokakukidotai)

Thanked by 1Ndha

Comments

• Point taken @amarc

Just trying to save resources as someone can use this on a small LEB with the proper Apache configuration which I am looking for.

If anyone has a proper LEB Apache 2.4 configuration feel free to share it. You will be added into the credits at FreeVPS and into the shell script credits area.

• edited July 2014

If you have the resources, why not? Without tweaking this probably won't work well on a 64 MB LEB so Nginx would be good there. I am working on a LEMP for RHEL 7 based distributions which is currently 90% finished. Just having some issues with Nginx which involve a lot of work to be resolved (I don't have time for that due to my job) so I am waiting for official working RPMS for RHEL 7 into the Nginx Repo.

EDIT: And on OpenVZ 2.6.18 (yes, I still use that, or have used that a while ago) Apache is a nightmare even when tweaked but I blame the kernel not Apache. Nginx is ok on this OpenVZ kernel.

• Well, Apache alone on OpenVZ 2.6.18 without tweaking is using a few hundred megs of RAM! That is clearly a issue with the ugly 2.6.18 kernel that has the worst memory management ever.

On a 2.6.32 with enough resources Apache performs well with PHP and MySQL. And also on tweaked LEBs. But I still prefer to use Nginx with PHP-FPM and MySQL (of course with tweaked configurations).

This discussion has been closed.