Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH / soyoustart
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH / soyoustart

is it possible to order a server from ovh or soyoustart without living in the uk?
it seems to only accept orders from the uk....

Comments

• BradBrad Member

I'm assuming you could. Don't have a server with SYS or OVH themselves, but I do have one from Kimsufi and I'm in the US.

• edanedan Member

Yes you could, they have many region, for US http://www.soyoustart.com/us/ just use the menu to switch to different country. The different is for their Europe location they apply VAT, you can ask to remove that.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited July 2014

Click the flag on the top right corner of the page. If you're using Chrome the North American countries seem to load behind the menu so you can't click them, but the post above this includes the US link.

• thanks guys. that kind of works.
    i really wanted the server to be in the uk. if i choose other locations it does seem to accept other billing locations. ill keep trying to get the uk one to work!
    im in aus.

• @seaeagle said:

>

i really wanted the server to be in the uk.

OVH doesn't have a UK datacenter location?

• They're only located in France

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@Amarielle said:
    They're only located in France

You forgot Canada.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited July 2014

@seaeagle said:
    thanks guys. that kind of works.
    i really wanted the server to be in the uk. if i choose other locations it does seem to accept other billing locations. ill keep trying to get the uk one to work!
    im in aus.

OVH only has French and Canadian data centers as of right now. They have many websites for different countries, I'm not sure which AUS is supposed to use, I'm from the US and I've always used the .ie site.

@Amarielle said:
    They're only located in France

And Canada...

• I did indeed. My bad

• seaeagleseaeagle Member
    edited July 2014

ok... so i would like the french option - but i would prefer english speaking/reading/writing tech support... :)
    mon français est très malodorante

• @seaeagle said:
    ok... so i would like the french option - but i would prefer english speaking/reading/writing tech support... :)
    mon français est très malodorante

>

There's English support, too. ;) for all locations