Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB KVM VPS in Switzerland
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB KVM VPS in Switzerland

Hey guys,

I am looking for an affordable and stable kvm vps in switzerland.
My budget is $4-12/month...

It should have these specs. :

• CPU Cores: 2
  • RAM: 2GB
  • SSD Space: 7GB
  • Traffic: 500GB
  • Uplink Speed: 1Gbps
  • IPv4/IPv6: 1/X
  • Virtualization: KVM
  • Usage: Email-Server

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Thanks but their plans don't fit my requirements and their prices are a little bit too high ...:/

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2014

edit: nvm, out of stock

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited July 2014

Sorry you need KVM...nvm

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

www.exoticvps.com - Has a huge list of Swiss based providers, but this location is pricey with KVM or XEN..

• @fitvpn said:
    www.exoticvps.com - Has a huge list of Swiss based providers, but this location is pricey with KVM or XEN..

Checked all of them and they all don't fit my requirements ... Anyone else ? It would be very nice :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Don't your requirements look a bit off for a small email server?

I don't understand why you would want 2GB of RAM to manage 7GB of email only. Same with the 1 gbps requirement.

Maybe you have some special setup which really has this requirements, but a small email server with a full spam filtering stack should not use more than 512MB of RAM. Just saying.

Thanked by 2mpkossen tux
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

@duyah13 > Probably its impossible get your specs for your prices on this location. Also BlueVM has a few cheaper offers in CH, but never been in stock, try contact them.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Your budget is too low, try $30/mo and you might find a reliable provider.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

That's interesting,same like DO or Vultr, but prices too high for 2Gb,only 512 around.. :) - http://www.exoscale.ch

• 1GB of RAM should be really fine for a mail server, as would be 100Mbps. If you don't run anti-virus and anti-spam from memory you can even decrease the amount of memory required, though it would result in a little more CPU usage.

• For that price, you won't get KVM/XEN resources that are reliable. Why do you need a SSD and a gigabit connection and 2 GB of ram for a mail server? The closest to what I know of for your criteria would be NFO Servers (https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php). Their niche is game servers, but they're rock solid and perform very well for any use. They're hosted in quality Internap data centers, and in the last year they added a Frankfurt location which would provide decent latency to Switzerland, but if you're dead set on your requirements, for $30 or so you can two hyper-threads (they use E5-2690's in their Frankfurt VPS's), 2 GB of memory, 4 TB bandwidth, 1 gigabit connection (20 Gbps location connection at Frankfurt), 200 GB of HDD space with SSD as space as an add-on. They are XEN, but KVM and XEN's differences are negligible for a mail server. For $10 you could get 1 GB of memory, a gigabit connection and 100 GB of HDD space. In all reality though, you'd probably be fine with much lower resources unless it's a very high traffic mail server.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

@RyanMaxey > Probably they looking for offshore VPS, not in touch with US and EU countries, so latency from not matter.. :)

• RyanMaxeyRyanMaxey Member
    edited July 2014

@fitvpn said:
    RyanMaxey > Probably they looking for offshore VPS, not in touch with US and EU countries, so latency from not matter.. :)

If it's going to be used a a legitimate mail server then the US is a great location, but by the sounds of your comment, that is not the case.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited July 2014

@RyanMaxey > If you don't know..Switzerland historically independent,quality and most safest place in Europe, probably in the World. If folks asking for Swiss location they looking for keep their sensitive data in safe place, its not mean criminal activity..

• emgemg Veteran

Not Recommended:

I have a KVM VPS in Switzerland from BlueVM at a great price: 1GB RAM, 30 Gbyte disk, 3 Cores, 3 Tbyte bandwidth, all for only $36 per year. It was a LowEndBox offer last October.

Sadly, I cannot recommend BlueVM. My VPS was unusable for more than two weeks just recently. I checked my VPS just a minute ago, and sure enough, it was down and had to be started again, a common occurrence. Support is terrible.

After fixing the problem where the VPS was completely unreachable, BlueVM's ZU2 node in Switzerland continued to drop inbound and outbound network communications every few minutes. The dropouts lasted approximately two minutes each and happened several times an hour, 24 hours a day, for over a week, affecting every VPS on that node. The dropouts were easy to see, all you had to do was run a continuous ping to the node or your VPS, and you would see a two-minute period of no response within a few minutes. Even their own Feathur control panel could not reach the VPS when the dropouts occurred. BlueVM twice wrote on the ticket that they had fixed the issue, even though it was plain for all to see that they had not.

As much as I like the specs and the price, I do not plan to renew my BlueVM VPS next October. They cannot deliver a reliable product or reliable support. I do not expect much support at that price point, but no company should write a ticket response saying that something is fixed without verifying it. It happened repeatedly for me, and others have reported the same.

I hope this helps ... mostly to help you avoid BlueVM, in case someone else recommends them.

• @emg

Mine has been down for weeks also. Absolutely crazy, I paid good money for it.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

BlueVM is cheap but quality is terrible, slow network and several downtimes. Guess they route trough US and quality discreased.I tried them few months ago but drop after one month. Better buy from local Swiss based companies..

• emgemg Veteran

P.S. I wrote too soon without checking the VPS first. The communications dropouts on my BlueVM KVM VPS Switzerland node have reappeared. I do not know how long they have been going on. I have seen five dropouts in a ten minute period.

I am sorry to have hijacked this thread. The discussion was to help @duyan13 find a KVM VPS in Switzerland.