Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS's with high bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS's with high bandwidth

Hi,

Where would one go to find low spec boxes with high bandwidth e.g. lets say 5+TB per month.

Thanks,

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

2host or greenvaluehost, both a pile of shit but if you only want to pay peanuts for a ton of data then you probably wont get any cheaper.

• Anthony - lets say I wanted to move to a dedi scenario then - would Kimsufi boxes work and are they fair share or unlimited usage?

yeah you get about 10TB I think then they just cap you down to 10mbit for the rest of the month, iirc they rarely bother capping though.

• You would be better with low-end dedicated server. When you are using much bandwidth on VPS, you most probably decrease quality of service for your neighbors in the node.

• berkayberkay Member

I'd suggest Catalyst Host. They're with Incero and smallest package contains 4 TB BW, also @ryanarp stated a few times that they don't suspend cause of overages.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    yeah you get about 10TB I think then they just cap you down to 10mbit for the rest of the month, iirc they rarely bother capping though.

Nope, it is 100 Mbps unmetered with all Kimsufi servers.

http://www.kimsufi.com/ie/

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited July 2014

Catalyst and BuyVM are both great options for high quality, high bandwidth, but I would suggest pre-sales ticketing any provider you go with - causing headaches because of using large amounts of transfer/bandwidth won't help you or your host.

Catalyst has high BW initially and I know BuyVM used to (still should?) have dirt cheap add-on bandwidth packages. Also, Catalyst in SEA is fast as hell - on 10Gbit.

Delimiter also includes decent transfer allotments on their dedis, on Gbit.

DataShack throws out 20TB on Gbit on most boxen with cheap overage rates, though reviews have been saying their speeds have been a bit spotty lately.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Hi,

we can do this for you;

15GB disk space
    256MB ram
    256MB Burstable ram
    Unlimited bandwidth
    1x IPv4
    £3.05/mo ($5.22/mo).

Order now.

• Nick.
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@MSPNick said:
    Hi,

we can do this for you;

15GB disk space
    256MB ram
    256MB Burstable ram
    Unlimited bandwidth
    1x IPv4
    £3.05/mo ($5.22/mo).

Order now.

• Nick.

Can I have 10Gbps unlimited bandwidth pls

A

@MSPNick said:
    Hi,

we can do this for you;

15GB disk space
    256MB ram
    256MB Burstable ram
    Unlimited bandwidth
    1x IPv4
    £3.05/mo ($5.22/mo).

Order now.

• Nick.

You are offering 1000mbit UNLIMITED for £3.05 ?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    You are offering 1000mbit UNLIMITED for £3.05 ?

It's that 5 pence that's holding me back from it :(

• J1021J1021 Member

AnthonySmith said: yeah you get about 10TB I think then they just cap you down to 10mbit for the rest of the month, iirc they rarely bother capping though.

That was their policy, they now offer 100Mb/s unmetered transfer, no SLA on speeds though.

ihatetonyy said: Catalyst and BuyVM are both great options for high quality, high bandwidth, but I would suggest pre-sales ticketing any provider you go with - causing headaches because of using large amounts of transfer/bandwidth won't help you or your host.

A potential customer shouldn't have to open a ticket to enquire about their bandwidth usage before purchasing a product. If a product is advertised with xTB, the customer should have no problems using that amount.

I believe I recall Fran mentioning that BuyVM nodes in LV and NJ are connected at 10Gb/s.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2014

introducial said: also @ryanarp stated a few times that they don't suspend cause of overages.

We have free incoming and as long as you are not being abusive, we are happy to let you go over your 4TB even though I think the highest we have seen usage wise is 1TB. We just don't advertise unmetered because we don't want it to be considered a "challenge". You all know what I am talking about :)

1e10 said: A potential customer shouldn't have to open a ticket to enquire about their bandwidth usage before purchasing a product.

Most people open tickets because they want more than 4TB. Most people will never hit 4TB usage on a VPS. However I guess people like the comfort of knowing nothing will happen if they ever do.

• i83i83 Member

Are you looking for 5tb of bursted traffic over a month or a constant stream of data 24/7?

• DylanDylan Member

Catalyst is definitely a good option, as is Wable (Incero's own brand). All the Wable plans give a ton of bandwidth for the price, and right now bundle #3 with 6TB is 50% off.

https://wable.com/

Whether you go with Wable or Catalyst the Incero network is about the fastest you'll find here.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • 1e10 said: A potential customer shouldn't have to open a ticket to enquire about their bandwidth usage before purchasing a product. If a product is advertised with xTB, the customer should have no problems using that amount.

They shouldn't, but if he's using the bandwidth in spikes that cause problems for others on the node (i.e. it's a software dist. mirror & everyone tries downloading the newest software release right after it's released or a streaming event draws in a large crowd) then he may have a provider angry at him. It's just a 'being polite' thing in my book.

Also, I think BuyVM have Gbit nodes but they have multiple Gbit/s commits in each location? I could be wrong. I know I can't pull over 60-70MB/s on their nodes.

• J1021J1021 Member

ihatetonyy said: Also, I think BuyVM have Gbit nodes but they have multiple Gbit/s commits in each location? I could be wrong. I know I can't pull over 60-70MB/s on their nodes.

Possibly 10Gb/s at node with containers limited to 1Gb/s.

• Your best bet is probably OVH - who do have cheap VPS plans that offer 10TB @ 100mbps speeds: http://www.ovh.com/ca/en/vps/vps-classic.xml

Another option is Centarra, who I haven't used personally, but offer 20mbps guaranteed on a gigabit line: http://centarra.com/products/vservers.html

Heard good things about Domflow/SeFlow (again, haven't used them) http://www.domflow.it/oneplans.php - 3 eur for 100mbps unmetered.

The Wable $8/mo bundle has some pretty kickass speeds and offer 6TB on that level.

I have a Kimsufi and have been able to push a steady 90-95mbps, I've heard good things about Online.net's 10 euro dedibox network performance as well.

• blackblack Member

I know @william uses cloud one for some of his tor relays, which have unmetered 100 Mbit+ bandwidth.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

ihatetonyy said: Also, I think BuyVM have Gbit nodes but they have multiple Gbit/s commits in each location? I could be wrong. I know I can't pull over 60-70MB/s on their nodes.

kcaj said: Possibly 10Gb/s at node with containers limited to 1Gb/s.

We just run a single gbit port to each node and then keep an eye on it for actual usage.
    It's rare that there's any sort of 'top out' on any of these nodes, even with private networking usage. We'll likely physically split the network in the next few months when I'm down in Vegas again.

All of our plans have good allocations with the biggest plans having 10TB each. You'd be looking at $25 - $40/month depending on what you need.

Inbound is, of course, completely unmetered fair use.

Thanks for the recommendations,

Francisco

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Francisco said: Inbound is, of course, completely unmetered fair use.

inb4 I use it as ddos protection ;0

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

• wychwych Member

@Boxode your a monster ;)

• You can choose up to 10TB with host1plus

• @ryanarp said:
    Most people open tickets because they want more than 4TB. Most people will never hit 4TB usage on a VPS. However I guess people like the comfort of knowing nothing will happen if they ever do.

I think you should not underestimate your client.Some type of site really concerned bw than others.Easy to touch the top if site grows.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

lightforce said: I think you should not underestimate your client.'

I don't underestimate my clients. I just know the statistics of bandwidth usage. In your example they would have to sustain 6GB usage every hour to hit 4TB. Since bandwidth usage has high and low points it is not likely they would hit 4TB with the sample data provided.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • lightforce said: I think you should not underestimate your client.Some type of site really concerned bw than others.Easy to touch the top if site grows.

What is the monitoring software you use?

• W3HostW3Host Member

We can offer this. Contact our sales team 24/7 via Live Chat or Support Ticket if you are interested.

• black said: I know @william uses cloud one for some of his tor relays, which have unmetered 100 Mbit+ bandwidth.

Yea, works fine.

• Hit 15tb in and out on my kimsufi no problem.