Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DE | VPS hosting | Snapshots | Private Network | ISO Boot | 75% discount | starts at 10.47€/y
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DE | VPS hosting | Snapshots | Private Network | ISO Boot | 75% discount | starts at 10.47€/y

We start a new prices offensive for our vps plans with unique features like snapshots and free backups, private network and multi vm hosting in one service. You can create several instances with one CloudVM service as long as you have enough resources free. Resources can be up/downgraded at any time and spreaded between all instances in one service.

You will get 75% discount for each order with yearly, biennially or triennially billing cycles in our special LEB promotion. Use "FKNK3PNK03" to get 75% discount for all of our CloudVM services in all locations.

Plans:

CLOUDVM HDD 20

• 20 GB HDD Storage
  • 512 MB DDR3 RAM
  • 1 vCPU Core
  • 100 vCPU Power
  • 20 GB Backup Storage
  • Public/Internal Network
  • 1 TB Public Traffic @ 1 Gbit/s
  • 1x IPv4 Address
  • 10x IPv6 Address
  • Upgradeable resources

Yearly costs: 10,47€ (with promotion code)

Order: https://www.filemedia.de/cloudvm-hdd.php

CLOUDVM HDD 40

• 40 GB HDD Storage
  • 1024 MB DDR3 RAM
  • 2 vCPU Core
  • 200 vCPU Power
  • 40 GB Backup Storage
  • 2 TB Public Traffic @ 1 Gbit/s
  • 1x IPv4 Address
  • 10x IPv6 Address
  • Upgradeable resources

Yearly costs: 20,97€ (with promotion code)

Order: https://www.filemedia.de/cloudvm-hdd.php

CLOUDVM SSD 10

• 10 GB SSD Storage
  • 512 MB DDR3 RAM
  • 1 vCPU Core
  • 100 vCPU Power
  • 10 GB Backup Storage
  • 1 TB Public Traffic @ 1 Gbit/s
  • 1x IPv4 Address
  • 10x IPv6 Address
  • Upgradeable resources

Yearly costs: 11,97€ (with promotion code)

Order: https://www.filemedia.de/cloudvm-ssd.php

CLOUDVM SSD 20

• 20 GB SSD Storage
  • 1024 MB DDR3 RAM
  • 2 vCPU Core
  • 200 vCPU Power
  • 20 GB Backup Storage
  • 2 TB Public Traffic @ 1 Gbit/s
  • 1x IPv4 Address
  • 10x IPv6 Address
  • Upgradeable resources

Yearly costs: 23,97€ (with promotion code)

Order: https://www.filemedia.de/cloudvm-ssd.php

Included:

• Private Network
  • Template Reinstall
  • ISO Boot
  • Automatic/manuell snapshots and backups
  • KVM based @ proxmox
  • and more..

Optional services:

• Additional bandwidth: 3,99€/TB
  • Additional ipv4 address: 1,49€/m

Note:

A CloudVM is a bunch of resources which can be used to create virtual machines. Each CloudVM can hold several different VMs not only one instances. This machines can communicate in a private network together. You can split your ordered resources between all of this virtual machines. You can create new instances as long as you have enough free resources for the instance. A CloudVM is a virtual data center which can host different instances in one service and you can change the resources you have between all of them.

Looking Glass:

DE/FRA: http://lg.fra.de.filemedia.net

DE/NUE: http://lg.nue.de.filemedia.net

About us:

We starts in 2008 with vps hosting and several other internet services. In 2014 we announced our new CloudVM product with many new features and a custom developed control panel for our unique functions like private networks for free.

All prices include 19% german VAT.

Comments

• chrispchrisp Member

When will FRA be available again?

• All stocks in FRA should be available. System calculates the stock at realtime. Try it again.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited July 2014

This offer is incredibly good, I can really vouch for this provider (and Johannes)! You definitely won't be disappointed, this is a very professional provider with many years of experience. In fact, I had one of my first VPS with them back in 2009 :)

• Thanks! We try to do our best.

• @fileMEDIA, possibility of an exception of 19 % VAT from payment? I am not in territory of Germany and EU.

• As discussed in this thread http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/440323/#Comment_440323, we charge to all customers VAT. Only registered and verified companies in EU with VAT-ID can request a chargeback. We do this to reduce the amount of financial work because we must report each payment with charge back to eu and local fiscal authority.

• OK. Anyway this excellent offer. I will think of purchase.

• bobbybobby Member

Thanks. Was looking for a new VPS in germany and this is perfect.
    I see in your panel that you can create quite small instances, so I was wondering what another IPv4 addon would cost? Also, IPv6-only instances possible?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I like it, just got mine.

• @fileMEDIA said:
    As discussed in this thread http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/440323/#Comment_440323, we charge to all customers VAT. Only registered and verified companies in EU with VAT-ID can request a chargeback. We do this to reduce the amount of financial work because we must report each payment with charge back to eu and local fiscal authority.

Could you tell me where I would be able to request the VAT back, please? Because I'd be interested in ordering if I can easily get my VAT back :-)

Also, can I create IPv6-only VPS with the resources I have available?

• You can request a charge back over the support before your order. You require a valid EU VAT-ID that we can verify over the fiscal authority.

Currently an instance require an ipv4 address. This is required because we using a pxe template reinstall system which can only work over ipv4. Additional ipv4 addresses costs 1,49€ per month.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • chrispchrisp Member
    edited July 2014

that script, that doesn't say anything..bench.sh :) (On the SSD 20)

But to be honest I expected a bit more from those I/O numbers on a SSD node. As I see in the panel the disk type is IDE, can I somehow change it to use the virtio drivers?

CPU model :  Common KVM processor
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  3300.022 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1002 MB
    Total amount of swap : 879 MB
    System uptime :   8 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 13,5MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 4,06MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 3,59MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 151KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 13,1MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 9,63MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1,31MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 2,48MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 2,72MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 4,86MB/s
    I/O speed :  105 MB/s

@chrisp HDD:

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.82805 s, 157 MB/s

• Is it a recurring discount?

• Default driver type is ide and intel for compatibility reason. We have some templates in our system which only supports this types. You can create a second disk with any driver type you like. Use a small device (1GB) for main device and all other space to the second device. After that you can install over VNC the operating system on the second disk with virtio.

• WorldWorld Veteran

I'm not a European,so how to remove the VAT?

• chrispchrisp Member

@fileMEDIA said:
    Default driver type is ide and intel for compatibility reason. We have some templates in our system which only supports this types. You can create a second disk with any driver type you like. Use a small device (1GB) for main device and all other space to the second device. After that you can install over VNC the operating system on the second disk with virtio.

Ok I see, just reinstalling it, but it feels so wrong not to use that poor little Gigabyte of storage :D
    Would be nice to see a better solution, but seems to work.

• @SwordfishBE Yes, lifetime discount.

@World Only registered companies in EU with valid VATID.

@chrisp Waiting that nocps implement that.

• WorldWorld Veteran

@fileMEDIA said:
    SwordfishBE Yes, lifetime discount.

World Only registered companies in EU with valid VATID.

chrisp Waiting that nocps implement that.

Ah,why only registered companies in EU with valid VAT ID could request a chargeback?I'm an Asian,i ordered many products with Europeans,all of them could remove my VAT,because i'm not an European.

• Ugh, this always happens to me. I renew for another year and like 2 days later they submit an offer for like half the cost...sigh

@joereid, happed also to openitc mostly also EDIS but yeah the best is wait and not buy the stuff what comes first.

• @Infinity580 said:
    joereid, happed also to openitc mostly also EDIS but yeah the best is wait and not buy the stuff what comes first.

Cant wait when you have a renewal invoice due....

• EdouardEdouard Member
    edited July 2014

They are pretty fast on responding to tickets (less than 5 mins). However, I am disappointed as they do not support direct VNC connections, you have to use their java based plugin...

Edit : It seems that their TOS (in german) is stating that they don't refund.

• chrispchrisp Member

Edouard said: They are pretty fast on responding to tickets (less than 5 mins). However, I am disappointed as they do not support direct VNC connections, you have to use their java based plugin...

Yes absolutely..I looked for VNC data all over and then ended up installing Java in a VM to install the server. "3 billion devices use Java", "oh hey do you want to install Ask.com toolbar?" with prechecked buttons. The Java client for Windows is a joke! (I am not ranting about the language). Would be pretty cool to see something without Java :)

• Yes, VNC is only available over a java Applet due some security risks in the past. But someone who not want VNC access, we can enable spice remote login over the proxmox login. Not directly available in the client area. If you want that drop a response to the ticket.

• @fileMEDIA said:
    Yes, VNC is only available over a java Applet due some security risks in the past. But someone who not want VNC access, we can enable spice remote login over the proxmox login. Not directly available in the client area. If you want that drop a response to the ticket.

We do want a VNC access through a desktop client but we don't want to install the java plugin which is insecure and bloated.

Password protected and with an enable/disable switch I don't see why VNC would be a security risk.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited July 2014

VNC using DES with max 8 characters and 56 bit Key length. Only passwords are sent encrypted, the normal VNC session is uncrypted. You need only port and ip and a small bruteforce attack works. VNC has always no bruteforce detection. It the same as using IPMI with a public ip.

We had 4 vpss from customers were hacked over vnc in the past. So that's not a solution, go with the java applet or spice. Nothing more is available.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • EdouardEdouard Member
    edited July 2014

Quick update:

As fileMEDIA stated, they offered me to use spice to connect to the server. This is pretty much alike VNC. Was a bit laggy (but that might be my computer getting old) and I was able to perform an install by booting from an ISO without having to go through the java applet.

Here is a bench.sh (ssd 10)

CPU model :    Common KVM processor
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2266.776 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 497 MB
    Total amount of swap : 465 MB
    System uptime :   12 min,
    Download speed : (24.6MB/s)
    I/O speed : 291MB/s

Ran the test 4 times, took the lowest I/O, was sometimes over 400MB/s

• What's the CPU Power Limit Mean?