Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudAtCost Customer Experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudAtCost Customer Experience

c18432634c18432634 Member
edited July 2014 in Providers

I've been a customer of CloudatCost since November, 2013. I purchased six servers from them, for a total investment of $199. Some of those are lifetime buys, others are yearly. I'm writing to describe my overall experience with CloudAtCost.

When things are up, the network is slow at best. When things go down, it's horrible. I've been down for as long as 2 weeks at a time for some servers. Their support team just doesn't seem to care at all. Meanwhile, they post updates on Facebook every other day, attracting whordes of unsatisfied customer responses.

When the servers go down, usually you'll end up with no access to the control panel, or the control panel won't do anything at all. Essentially, the control panel loses communication with your servers until who knows what happens.

In my experience, the fastest way to resolve any issue with Cloudatcost is to re-image you server. Yes, you'll have to start from scratch but at least you'll be up in a couple hours as opposed to a couple days - or weeks.

ALWAYS KEEP BACKUPS OF YOUR SERVER.

If you can live with the above headaches, then by all means, buy one. But I would strongly recommend using ANY other cheap VPS provider over CloudAtCost.

Comments

• wychwych Member

I suggest you bold the last sentence.

Thanked by 1c18432634
  • I still can't figure out why anyone would buy what seems to be essentially a $15/per year VPS, pay 2 years in advance and then hope for the best (get more then 2 years use out of it). But that's just me.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited July 2014

Whordes. That word is perfect.

Thanked by 2c18432634 netomx
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

said: Some of those are lifetime buys

You said it .. lifetime buys. How do you expect to have an amazing quality when you pay a crazy low amount for a "lifetime" vps. Is it in cat years, or turtle years?

Thanked by 1c18432634