Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ Templates - What templates do you want?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ Templates - What templates do you want?

rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
edited July 2014 in General

Hello,

I've nearly finished the development of TemplateLayer, my new project to provide up-to-date OpenVZ templates to providers for a small fee. All templates will be update every 2 weeks and redistributed to our CDN.

Currently I have the following templates:

• CentOS 6.5 32/64bit Minimal
  • Debian 7 32/64bit Minimal
  • Ubuntu 12.04 32/64bit Minimal
  • Ubuntu 12.10 32/64bit Minimal
  • Ubuntu 13.04 32/64bit Minimal
  • Ubuntu 13.10 32/64bit Minimal
  • Ubuntu 14.04 32/64bit Minimal
  • Scientific 6 32/64bit Minimal
  • Ubuntu 14.04 32bit with Ghost
  • Ubuntu 14.04 32 with WordPress (I've tested this with Blitz.io on RamNode with a 128MB VPS and I got 26,000 hit/s with no errors or timeouts)
  • Ubuntu 14.04 32/64bit with Atlassain Jira
  • CentOS 6.5 32bit with cPanel DNSONLY
  • CentOS 6.5 64bit with cPanel
  • CentOS 6.5 32bit with LookingGlass
  • Debian 7 32bit with SoftEther VPN

I want to increase this list drastically, please comment with the templates you'd like to see your providers offering.

Comments

• could you have a template for OVZ that has rutorrent/rtorrent/ftpd installed already and ready to use?

• also how about a CentOS 7 template

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@doughnet said:
    could you have a template for OVZ that has rutorrent/rtorrent/ftpd installed already and ready to use?

Sure, although some providers may not offer it as torrenting is not something all providers allow.

@doughnet said:
    also how about a CentOS 7 template

This is planned, should be up by the end of the week.

Thanked by 1Lex
  • J1021J1021 Member

OpenVPN(-AS), Webmin, OwnCloud.

I've asked before, is the plan still to provide these free of charge to individuals?

• cassacassa Member

*GitLab
    *ZenOSS
    *LEMP
    *LLMP

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@1e10 said:
    OpenVPN(-AS), Webmin, OwnCloud.

I've asked before, is the plan still to provide these free of charge to individuals?

He's charging.

• maybe some templates with some different gaming servers?

• The idea as he's posted elsewhere, is that he's charging providers access to it.

• Gentoo and Arch Linux!

• J1021J1021 Member

AlexanderM said: He's charging.

GoodHosting said: The idea as he's posted elsewhere, is that he's charging providers access to it.

I know, I was asking about individuals who are not providers, such as myself.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@1e10 said:
    I know, I was asking about individuals who are not providers, such as myself.

I will be charging for providers. Individuals will get 2 templates of their choice and but will be required to go through the normal order process where fraud checks placed, this will also allow me to make sure people don't create multiple accounts.

All activations are manual.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

Just and update -

Our website is nearly finished and our CentOS 7 64bit Minimal template is tested and working.

• DroidDroid Member

Arch Linux?