Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Listed on CBL?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Listed on CBL?

My new dedicated server IP is listed on the CBL blacklist 4 days ago, whereas I purchased the server 6 days ago. Does CBL normally have false positives like this? It's an almost blank server with ZNC and lighttpd/php5-fpm. Rootkit hunter scans bring nothing up!

IP Address 78.46.xx.xx is listed in the CBL. It appears to be infected with a spam sending trojan, proxy or some other form of botnet.

It was last detected at 2014-07-02 04:00 GMT (+/- 30 minutes), approximately 4 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes ago.

This IP is infected (or NATting for a computer that is infected) with a spam-sending infection. In other words, it's participating in a botnet. If you simply remove the listing without ensuring that the infection is removed (or the NAT secured), it will probably relist again.

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

It's only just in the past few weeks (was fine before that) that I've been getting a few of those, really annoying. Especially when I know barely any mails were sent and there are no connections to external servers that are not verified.

• @Infinity said:
    It's only just in the past few weeks (was fine before that) that I've been getting a few of those, really annoying. Especially when I know barely any mails were sent and there are no connections to external servers that are not verified.

Thanks, I guess I'll delist the IP and hope it doesn't come up again!