Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

weird people (my advice to companies)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

weird people (my advice to companies)

RandyRandy Member
edited June 2012 in General

someguy sign up and awaited for the vps. and bam. that guy filed a dispute out of nowhere, right now i am 100% dropping his . i will ask him to leave.

now i am getting ready to get maxmind. this guy screwed me up real hard .

advice : get maxmind and stay alert. i will fight with this guy

how many dispute did u get if you have like 10 orders? for mid size companies?

Comments

• We average 5-8 disputes a year. But, we also go to extensive measures to keep our client base clean.

• RandyRandy Member

i hope i am not wrong to drop him as a customer as he is really being unreasonable

• VictorVictor Member

We've only gotten around 3-5 disputes in total thus far since we started back in early 2010. Then again, we've always had MaxMind since the start and manual verifications for marked orders.

• In those situations it's often best just to completely refund them and let them go about their business. If he opened the dispute right after ordering, it wouldn't be a loss to you anyways.

• 20-30 PP / year (95% stolen accounts)
    5-10 CC / year (all stolen CCs)

• RandyRandy Member

Guys!

that guy might have hacked into. a user's account his IP is viet but when he signs up is UK IP.

allright i shall proceed the refund

• @Aldryic except depending on who you got the dispute from it can hurt your track record with the merchant (i.e.: too many opened disputes with paypal can cause your account to be limited automatically). I'd always prefer to process a refund normally via ticket than to have to deal with a dispute because even I don't know what goes thru Paypal's mind at times.

• @Randy said: that guy might have hacked into. a user's account his IP is viet but when he signs up is UK IP.

Its called a VPN :P

Thanked by 2nabo klikli
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited June 2012

i know thats why i am refunding after knowing it might has been hacked or somthing dont wana take the risk

• VPN doesn't mean hacked, just simply means they remotely logged into another terminal to access the site.

• RandyRandy Member

pp account

• 1 Dispute ... that guy didn't even win ... felt bad so I gave him a refund.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited June 2012

We've had 2 or 3 disputes since we started VPS hosting in May 2011. On one of them, Paypal didn't even give us a chance to share our side of the issue before they took the money.

You might want to consider rejecting or manually verifying (phone) any account registered with a VPN. We reject new accounts registered with an obvious VPN; if the customer can't trust us enough to connect with their ISP, i'm not sure why we should trust them back.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited June 2012

that guy did not put any notes on the dispute. he just marked it as a unknown payment. could it be the user's paypal account got hacked or that guy is playing games with me?

is there anyway i can add a note to the dispute to let the buyer know?

options

1.I have shipped the item and I can provide proof that the item was shipped through an approved shipper to the address on the Transaction Details page.
    sub - options
    A.I can provide online tracking information.
    B. I can upload or fax proof that the item was shipped.

1. I have not shipped the item and I will refund the payment.I have refunded the payment for this transaction.

Which option is the best? i can do a refund, that is not an issue but i want to leave a note to the disputer and get things cleared up.

His Order IP is UK and the address is UK.

when the user submits a ticket with "help me" that is all the user wrote and the IP is viet

• @Damian said: We've had 2 or 3 disputes since we started VPS hosting in May 2011. On one of them, Paypal didn't even give us a chance to share our side of the issue before they took the money.

Hate it when someone does a dispute saying they didn't authorise the transaction when they break the TOS and get terminated, but its blatantly obvious its them.

They just win every time.

• RandyRandy Member

what about my response ? :P

• @kbeezie said: @Aldryic except depending on who you got the dispute from it can hurt your track record with the merchant (i.e.: too many opened disputes with paypal can cause your account to be limited automatically). I'd always prefer to process a refund normally via ticket than to have to deal with a dispute because even I don't know what goes thru Paypal's mind at times.

Well, that goes without saying. We'll always work with a client first, but there are inevitably people that will open a dispute before even contacting the provider.

In either case, I'm not worried about PayPal limitation. Aside from us having a remarkably small number of buyer-opened disputes, two of PayPal's senior managers (and a number of regular employees) know me by name. Seeing as how they are our primary means of financial transfer, it only makes sense to get to know them. Aside from that, I have extensive documentation for every case I deal with: it's more than obvious that we have a legitimate thing going :P

• RandyRandy Member
    edited June 2012

none of you are responding to my actual questions

that guy did not put any notes on the dispute. he just marked it as a unknown payment. could it be the user's paypal account got hacked or that guy is playing games with me?

is there anyway i can add a note to the dispute to let the buyer know?

options

1.I have shipped the item and I can provide proof that the item was shipped through an approved shipper to the address on the Transaction Details page.
    sub - options
    A.I can provide online tracking information.
    B. I can upload or fax proof that the item was shipped.

I have not shipped the item and I will refund the payment.I have refunded the payment for this transaction.

Which option is the best? i can do a refund, that is not an issue but i want to leave a note to the disputer and get things cleared up.

His Order IP is UK and the address is UK.

when the user submits a ticket with "help me" that is all the user wrote and the IP is viet

• @Randy said: His Order IP is UK and the address is UK.

WHOIS the IP. See if it belongs to a residential ISP or a Provider/Host. If residential, try to http:// to the IP and see if you get a home router page (likely compromise).

In either case, your safest course of action is just to issue a full refund, and let PayPal know about any concerns you have. (A simple support email w/ transaction numbers and details). Trying to get too involved in this will only waste your time, and risk being caught up in the fallout if it does turn out to be fraud.

• RandyRandy Member

which reslove option should i choose. none of the options seems to fit this situation

• @Randy said: which reslove option should i choose. none of the options seems to fit this situation

Just view the transaction, issue a full refund, then wait about 5-10 minutes. If the dispute isn't auto-closed (they typically will if you refund), then just select the "I have refunded" option.

• RandyRandy Member

which option should i choose which will allow me to refund?

• RandyRandy Member

there is no issue refund button

• @Randy - no offense, but you really need to learn how PayPal's panel works, ESPECIALLY if you plan on running a business.

View the transaction directly (the dispute will have the transaction ID as a link). On the transaction page, you can issue the refund.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • MaxMind is your friend.
    Terminate the service and issue the refund.
    Stop worrying.

• RandyRandy Member

@Aldryic said: Member

@Randy - no offense, but you really need to learn how PayPal's panel works, ESPECIALLY if you plan on running a business.

View the transaction directly (the dispute will have the transaction ID as a link). On the transaction page, you can issue the refund.

no, there is no button i am not joking on this one. there is no refund button. the status of the payment is "held"

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited June 2012

It's right there, towards the bottom...

• RandyRandy Member

Okay now paypal is being a jerk. i am trying to refund and its not letting me to do so.

here is the updated version on how to refund> go to the dispute case >Resolve this claim >I have not shipped the item and I will refund the payment.>Issue refund.

thanks to this guy. my account is now a locked box

• TazTaz Member

Here is a quick solution ( USA only but you can apply per your local).
    When ever some one signsup, send them a pencil via fedex registered. There you go, shipping proof.
    Jokes apart, tell paypal it is a service and call em up. Dispute over. Btw, I do not use paypal. No more stolen kiddy accounts.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

With us doing dedicated servers we experience higher fraud rate :( however we upgraded our processing suite and have minimized it to 0-1 charge back a month