Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick of unreliable VPS hosts, beware of these
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sick of unreliable VPS hosts, beware of these

WellGroundedWellGrounded Member
edited July 2014 in General

Lately it's been out of control with unreliable and unresponsive providers. Beware of these if you want to save yourself a headache.

• MrKingHosting @casper253 - A month ago, couldn't login to account and server went down. Turns out my account got removed somehow and after PMing back and forth with owner, still hasn't been resolved.
  • ElectricByte @DannyAlex - server down for more than 12 days, not responding to tickets
  • CheapDomainNames @cupid - server down for more than 16 days, not responding to tickets
  • VPSPride @Vic - server down for more than 11 days, not responding to tickets

Providers: I will take your name down if you resolve my issues. I hate to do it this way but this seems to be the only way as you've left me no choice.

Thanked by 3jnelson3149 zed namhuy

Comments

• xBytezxBytez Member
    edited July 2014

CloudAtCost - Real shit networking and disk (8MB/s disk and 10Mb/s network), I opened a refund ticket (06/23/2014 10:56:01) and still no reply.

Announcements have been posted about storage issues 3 days ago but yet my ticket gets ignored (2 tickets btw)

Thanked by 1Jipped1
  • n1kkon1kko Member

So why don't you use a reliable provider?

• @n1kko You're not helping

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • ironhideironhide Member
    edited July 2014

Ramnode, Iniz, Prometeus, Crissic, Rijx, DrServer, VPSDime, CatalystHost, WeLoveServers, i83, FTPit, FlipHost, CloudShards, Torqhost, Inception, Vultr, Wable, iWstack, Hostus

You simply can't go wrong with any of them. Stick with the good and reputed hosts and you won't have to regret anymore.

• @ironhide said:
    Ramnode, Iniz, Prometeus, Crissic, Rijx, DrServer, VPSDime, CatalystHost, WeLoveServers, i83, FTPit, FlipHost, CloudShards, Torqhost, Inception, Vultr, Wable, iWstack

You simply can't go wrong with any of them. Stick with the good and reputed hosts and you won't have to regret anymore.

Agree with these. I also recommend HostUS, i've just started using them for actual production purposes, and it's been great. Not a single downtime since the time I bought the VPS. The network and I/O is nice too.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • eddynetweb said: I also recommend HostUS

Agree about HostUs. I have one 768 Box from @AlexanderM (for $10/yr) and that little beast is running awesome. Never had a downtime in last 3 months. So far so good.

:)

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited July 2014

Please write how much did you pay? It would be interesting to see expensive provider do this kind of thing.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@WellGrounded You are using crappy providers no one around here has probably ever heard of (maybe except PaulVPS which was posted on LET). Why not try one of these: http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q1-the-results/

Thanked by 2Infinity comXyz
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@WellGrounded You might get more impact if you tagged the relevant LET accounts.

• @ironhide said:
    :)

I'm waiting for the in-house control panel they're about to release. ^_^

• WellGroundedWellGrounded Member
    edited July 2014

@Nekki Not sure which ones are which but if someone can help me out, I can edit my post to include that

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I'm sure a forum search and a little bit of legwork on your part would yield some results. Otherwise, there's a reasonable chance the providers aren't even hanging around the forum.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

You sure know how to pick 'em.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • akzakz Member

wow those would be the last ones I would of picked lol.

• I never heard of those providers

• That list is literally a list of "who's who"

Thanked by 2texteditor ATHK
  • souensouen Member

Fwiw.

MrKingHosting - @casper253
    PaulVPS - @DannyAlex
    ElectricByte - @eric1212
    CheapDomainNames - @cupid
    VPSPride - @Vic

Thanked by 1WellGrounded
  • @souen Nice, it's been added

• @Mark_R said:
    You sure know how to pick 'em.

Considering every time a new provider shows up, he posts if they do a low spec yearly plan then he'll buy..

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • Where the hell are you even hearing about these providers

Thanked by 2netomx kerouac
  • globalRegisters said: That list is literally a list of "who's who"

• BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited July 2014

Just go with any "good" tier VPS providers on LET. This means no host providers that are younger than 12 months.

• Saving ^this comment for Boxode's first offer thread, thanks

Thanked by 3skybucks100 Brad Mark_R
  • ValdVald Member

I can vouche for forthcloud

• Just go with any "good" tier VPS providers on LET. This means no host providers that are younger than 12 months.

I've seen some 13 year old (very bad) vps operators, but that must be one precocious toddler if he is running a VPS operation! Come to think of it, some of the posters throw tantrums like two year olds, and speak English like 1 year olds.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard of some of these. Was wondering how far out of the loop I had become.

• Nick_A said: Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard of some of these. Was wondering how far out of the loop I had become.

I must be some where out in left field and no one is playing ball anymore. I can understand giving a "NEW" host a chance once in a while but not all the time. This is a bit ridiculous.

I am not trying to berate anyone or anything but do not use previously "unknown" or at the very least "not well known" hosts then come complain about them, this is not a good idea. I am not sure if people around know not to use hosts that have no rep, but I am pretty sure most get the idea.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Totally unreliable: > @xBytez said:

CloudAtCost - Real shit networking and disk (8MB/s disk and 10Mb/s network), I opened a refund ticket (06/23/2014 10:56:01) and still no reply.

Announcements have been posted about storage issues 3 days ago but yet my ticket gets ignored (2 tickets btw)

Maybe they wanted to answer all the I/O tickets by posting one announcement, lol.

• @ironhide said:
    Ramnode, Iniz, Prometeus, Crissic, Rijx, DrServer, VPSDime, CatalystHost, WeLoveServers, i83, FTPit, FlipHost, CloudShards, Torqhost, Inception, Vultr, Wable, iWstack, Hostus

But make backups anyway!!

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @WellGrounded I am sorry to hear that you are having bad experience with PaulVPS, do you have a ticket number to I can check and get back to you? Currently all tickets in our WHMCS is replied in proper timeframe.
    We use Nodewatch to monitor the node and your VPS may get suspended if session contrack or SMTP email sending is over limit set.
    You can message me or send an email to [email protected] anytime if you have any problems with PaulVPS, I am always here to help.