Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tapatalk - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tapatalk

13»

Comments

• @vedran said:
    You mean that's the default plugin configuration, and you need to manually edit the templates to remove it (and repeat the same with each update) as there is no option to really disable it?

That appeared to be the situation, at least in older versions of the software. It's still a simple matter of deleting a single line from a template file. With seasoned pros like the ones maintaing LET, it should be simple matter to run a sed on an updated template file to remove it.

• DylanDylan Member

@jbiloh, @mpkossen, could you at least tell us whether this is even worth discussing or if Tapatalk is simply off the table, for whatever reason?

• Are we at any Conclusion yet?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jetchirag said:
    Are we at any Conclusion yet?

I did a quick google search for adding tapatalk support to vanilla and found this gem in the official instructions:

SSH connect to your forum server, change the permission of 'mobiquo' and 'plugins' folders to 777.

I don't trust anyone who would ever suggest that.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • Official tapatalk docs? Really?
    Lol

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@jarland said:
    I did a quick google search for adding tapatalk support to vanilla and found this gem in the official instructions:

SSH connect to your forum server, change the permission of 'mobiquo' and 'plugins' folders to 777.

Yes indeed that's scary, but maybe that was written in the old "nobody" age?
    But they didn't update it, so... well..

• @jarland said:

@jetchirag said:
    Are we at any Conclusion yet?

Vanilla in itself is a huge security hole; adding plugins is just plain stupid

• 777 is still required. Do a search for all of the bugs and security holes that have been found in tapatalk.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I mean, privacy isn't a huge issue here. I'd be more concerned about cleanup than a DB dump. Anyone having private conversations in PMs, using email accounts they don't want exposed, or using shared passwords is... well... not informed or making good decisions.

But yeah about the cleanup, no one wants to clean up another compromise ;)

• Please don't include Tapatalk, it's shit.

Thanked by 3jar Nekki ThracianDog