Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tapatalk - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tapatalk

Comments

• vedranvedran Veteran

Does it even work on latest vanilla?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@VPN said:
    As previously pointed out by tr1cky, Tapatalk can be installed to ensure non-Tapatalk users don't even know its there so as to not cause upset. It would just be a bonus for those of us that do use it.

I have it installed, I don't use it though. I much prefer mobile websites.

• The mobile website is indeed nice, but it sucks that we dont have the categories list.
    Assuming Tapatalk support latest Vanilla, I dont see why not install it and benefit people who would want to use it, given that the complaints about it can all be "fixed" by disabling certain features.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tr1cky said:
    I added a lot of things to the starting post.

Which makes the rest of us look mental now, thanks.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Ok, I surrender. It will be ok to install tapatalk when mail notification works fully.

• Tapatalk is very annoying to those who don't have it nor want it. Can you disable their popup notification on your end?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@frixelsolutions said:
    Tapatalk is very annoying to those who don't have it nor want it. Can you disable their popup notification on your end?

Well, seems like there are also people that don't even read the op.

Thanked by 2taronyu netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

So, how about adding this into the feedback/suggestions thread now the conversation has been reduced to people not reading the OP.

Thanked by 1netomx

@tr1cky said:
    Well, seems like there are also people that don't even read the op.

Well, The OP wasn't the same as when I read it and if you read the thread once and come back lager to reply then the edited OP isn't shown.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

No thanks.

• Why change? The mobile version of LET is great as it is. I hate the notification that it gives when trying to visit.

• I really hate Tapatalk. If the forum has a good mobile version it's not worth installing Tapatalk.

• tr1cky said: 4 people arguing with something that I previously showed can be disabled.

...Manually. Only the signature has a switch-off.

I say go for it as long as the admins can be arsed to keep removing code manually and there's no chance that piece of shit will nag me every time I visit on iOS.

Plus if you bothered to actually check, the 4 people arguing about something you showed can be disabled between that post and this one moaning about it is actually one person. Js.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

hahaha maybe they are trolling you tri1cky

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@netomx said:
    hahaha maybe they are trolling you tri1cky

what would you consider trolling? are there any definements?

@Mark_R said:

Well, nobody's reading the topic, they are just answering: no, without reading at all.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@netomx said:
    Well, nobody's reading the topic, they are just answering: no, without reading at all.

they just might have a reason for that. it would be rude to mark that as "trolling" don't you agree?

@Mark_R said:

No

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@Mark_R said:

I think there is a consensus, folks resist chance. And i want ssl more than that crap app.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Raymii said:
    I think there is a consensus, folks resist chance. And i want ssl more than that crap app.

Why change anything when it is all working fine? i've been browsing LET on my windows phone for a long time now and it was perfectly fine. I dont see how "tapatalk" makes it any better, know why? because I've been browsing sites before that use "tapatalk" and they always bothered my small phone screen with shitty messages that I didn't give a shit about. I think that this is the problem people reconize, I personally think that "tapatalk" is a waste of time to add to LET but still, if i'm being neutral and if it gets added then I atleast want to never see anything about it while using my phone to browse LET.

Main reasons I don't want/need tapatalk (or any other similar app) are:

• I have one app that I can use to access all these sites, it is called "a browser" some of you might have heard of it.
    • I don't like to have one app for each site, I don't even use the WHT app.
    • when people edit the original post to answer questions/arguments and then tell everyone that they already answered this in the first post before other asked their question or presented their argument.
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@MikHo said:

• when people edit the original post to answer questions/arguments and then tell everyone that they already answered this in the first post before other asked their question or presented their argument.

I edited the op and also stated that in the thread, it wasn't to make people look stupid but to get less people to show up with the same argument all the time and because a lot of people clearly only read the op and nothing further.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@tr1cky said:
    I edited the op and also stated that in the thread, it wasn't to make people look stupid but to get less people to show up with the same argument all the time and because a lot of people clearly only read the op and nothing further.

You should start focusing on the replies given individually and reply on them case by case basis instead of deeming them all as invalid by default. If you think that this is a waste of your time to begin with then why even bothering opening a thread like this? If you don't take the feedback seriously then why would anyone take you seriously? I'd love to see your response on my previous comment.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Mark_R said:
    You should start focusing on the replies given individually and reply on them case by case basis instead of deeming them all as invalid by default. If you think that this is a waste of your time to begin with then why even bothering opening a thread like this? If you don't take the feedback seriously then why would anyone take you seriously? I'd love to see your response on my previous comment.

What part would you like me to comment on? You were ranting about your personal Tapatalk problems. I already explained that Tapatalk can be configured to be completely invisible for people that don't want to use it.
    I am truly sorry for not giving you the attention you deserve.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@tr1cky said:
    I am truly sorry for not giving you the attention you deserve.

Looks like you took it the wrong way, thanks alot.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Let me quote you:

@Mark_R said:
    I've

@Mark_R said:
    I

@Mark_R said:
    I've

@Mark_R said:
    my

@Mark_R said:
    I

@Mark_R said:
    I

@Mark_R said:
    I

@Mark_R said:
    i'm

@Mark_R said:
    I

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@tr1cky said:

What is your problem? Be more specific. Just throw it on the table.

Thanked by 1lukelarris
  • DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2014

[Mark_R said] they just might have a reason for that. it would be rude to mark that as "trolling" don't you agree?

Posting comments without being update on the discussion is kind of the definition of trolling.

Mark_R said: because I've been browsing sites before that use "tapatalk" and they always bothered my small phone screen with shitty messages that I didn't give a shit about.

As mentioned a zillion times, that's an improperly configured plugin.

I personally think that "tapatalk" is a waste of time to add to LET

I'm sure forum admins can spare the couple of minutes it takes to add the file to the server and activate it.

atleast want to never see anything about it while using my phone to browse LET.

You wont, if the admins disable the notification via settings.

Tapatalk is a useful forum reader. I've been using it on XDA for years and felt it better for reading boards better than full scaled browsers. Chrome hogs too much RAM even on topend models with oodles of it. Tapatalk makes it easier to format, add images on a mobile browser. I don't think highly of the tiny image buttons shown in a mobile browser on a Vanilla forum.

I for one would vote to include support for Tapatalk. It would be a useful feature for people who use the app (especially now that the app has become free), and once properly configured, wouldn't spoil the site experience for people who prefer their mobile browsers.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited July 2014

@joelgm said:
    I'm sure forum admins can spare the couple of minutes it takes to add the file to the server and activate it.

< insert evil laughter here >

• vedranvedran Veteran

@joelgm said:
    As mentioned a zillion times, that's an improperly configured plugin.

You mean that's the default plugin configuration, and you need to manually edit the templates to remove it (and repeat the same with each update) as there is no option to really disable it?