Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some people with a Kimsufi server help testing Windows 7 & Server 2008 R2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some people with a Kimsufi server help testing Windows 7 & Server 2008 R2

Most of you know my tutorial, i'm currently creating Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Templates

But i need some help testing these templates, so if you got a Kimsufi server and are willing to help testing the templates, please send me a PM :)

Thanked by 1lipanbaraku

Comments

• how you plan on getting this working? surely itll just throw up BSOD's due to hardware difference.

• TarZZ92 said: surely itll just throw up BSOD's due to hardware difference.

No it wont, never had any problem with Windows 8.1 (Windows Server 2012 doesn't support the network adapters which OVH uses on their KS3, 4 and 5 (don't know about higher models) though)

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2014

Windows 8 is different though. it can accept different hardware (look at windows to go for example) the only way i see this working is making actual templates for specific hardware. or via sysprep?

• @TarZZ92 said:
    Windows 8 is different though. it can accept different hardware (look at windows to go for example)

Windows 7 also works with different hardware, these templates are installed/created with the original ISO's (from microsoft website). No updates are installed so everything should work with other computers just fine

• joodle said: Windows 7 also works with different hardware

Well i have yet to see this. but good luck :)

• J1021J1021 Member

TarZZ92 said: Well i have yet to see this. but good luck :)

Perhaps you should seek confirmation from Microsoft? You're helpful like that.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2014

1e10 said: Perhaps you should seek confirmation from Microsoft? You're helpful like that.

already asked this on the technet thing. and it's possible when doing it via system prep. hence why people most of the time have to do a OS reinstall with major system changes. (unless you was to remove every driver manually that is which would take time.

Secondly. as you should know microsoft do not cover this kind of work ( system imaging) so i doubt they will be able to help on this one sadly.

• cassacassa Member

Oh! Oh! Choose me!

• Windows 7 is currently working and stable!

Windows Server 2008 R2 is having some issues, currently trying to get the logs

• I am interested.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I can test win7

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited July 2014

I need some people with a KS-3 or higher to test the Windows 7 template

Currently already enough people with the KS-1 and 2

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

You can do image copys with windows, all you need is the possible new drivers available. Either installed or on an accessible disk.

A friend of mine is using his third laptop with the same hard drive.
    When he need more CPU, buy a new laptop and move the disk over.

Of course you need to activate the OS with MS again since it is a hardware change.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • If you manage to get 2012 R2 working on KS-3 let me know :P

• @Amarielle said:
    If you manage to get 2012 R2 working on KS-3 let me know :P

It won't, the network card isn't supported by Server 2012 R2

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

joodle said: It won't, the network card isn't supported by Server 2012 R2

Cmon joodle .. you can do it :-)

• akzakz Member

will windows 7 work on d425 without crashing. like 8.1? if u need i can test on my d425.

@joodle said:
    It won't, the network card isn't supported by Server 2012 R2

What network card is it?

• Windows 7 link has been added to my tutorial (pssshtt check my signature)

• akzakz Member

welp for anyone wondering it does not work on D425.

• figurefigure Member

KS-3 win7 .... no ping ... no rdp

@figure said:
    KS-3 win7 .... no ping ... no rdp

You need the drivers installed.

• I'm currently working on a Windows 7 template with the network card drivers already pre-installed

Only thing i need to know is which motherboard the KS-1 with the D425 uses, would be great of anyone could tell me that :)

• Can someone with a KS-1 with the Atom D425 CPU do a "lspci | egrep -i 'network|ethernet' " at the terminal? I THINK that it's the same network card as the N2800 but i'm not sure

• New Windows 7 template with the network card drivers has been done building. This template should work with all Kimsufi servers, including the KS-3 (i3) and KS-4 (i5)

PM me or check my website for the install/download command/link

• Windows Server 2008 R2 works with all Kimsufi servers! All drivers from the network cards used are slipstreamed into the template :)

• @joodle said:
    Windows Server 2008 R2 works with all Kimsufi servers! All drivers from the network cards used are slipstreamed into the template :)

Any tutorials how to slipstream drivers ? :)

• I need someone with a KS-3 or KS-4 to test the Windows Server 2012 R2 template with the drivers included

@alexvolk said:

In this case you have a working copy of the os you want to use on your kimsufi and then install the drivers for the hardware of your kimsufi.

• akzakz Member
    edited July 2014

@joodle said:
    Can someone with a KS-1 with the Atom D425 CPU do a "lspci | egrep -i 'network|ethernet' " at the terminal? I THINK that it's the same network card as the N2800 but i'm not sure

(D425)
    lspci | egrep -i 'network|ethernet'
    01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 05)

(N2800)
    lspci | egrep -i 'network|ethernet'
    01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection