Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fail2web - fail2ban GUI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

fail2web - fail2ban GUI

ZEROFZEROF Member

fail2web is a fail2ban GUI that communicates with a fail2ban instance via fail2rest

fail2ban allows you to administer the following

Failregex - Delete and add new failregexes

Banned IPs - Ban and Unban IP address

Per Jail Config - Configure find time, max retry and usedns per jail, and view the filelist per jail

Alerting - Notifications when an IP address is banned and unbanned with a user configurable time span

With the following features planned in the future

Reporting - Expose the time that an IP address was banned, and show trends via visualizations

Regex Testing - Testing ignore+fail regexes on your current logs to quickly build and debug regexes

More Jail Controls - Create new jails and expose more settings for current jails

Source:

https://github.com/Sean-Der/fail2web

Comments

• namhuynamhuy Member

newer webmin also has fail2ban module

• Thanks for this! I use VestaCP and it would be nice having a fail2ban gui for easy access

• RaymiiRaymii Member

Looks Nice, but why the f does this need nodejs? How does this require massive concurrency support?

• NdhaNdha Member

still failed using vestacp with this :(

• sdessdes Member

This is some nicely done work :)

But remember that a GUI is surely handy, but not as powerful as the command line :
    take some time to read the manual and understands how things are working behind your screen, you'll only master even more...
    afterall, knowledge is power ! ;)

• petrispetris Member

@Raymii said:
    why the f does this need nodejs?

I think the question is why does it not need nodejs?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • RaymiiRaymii Member

@petris said:
    I think the question is why does it not need nodejs?

It does nog benefit from the concurrency advantages node offers. This could be done in PHP or python and it would probably get a larger install base because node is not easy to setup and manage..

Thanked by 1Microlinux
  • @Raymii said:
    It does nog benefit from the concurrency advantages node offers.

Feature creep . . . a great way to create bugs!

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Ndha said:
    still failed using vestacp with this :(

you can go to the vestacp forum and get help, i am successfully running fail2ban with vestacp...

but haven't tried fail2web, since i may not require it...

Thanked by 1Ndha