Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Kimsufi and Soyoustart account validation-how much time took for you?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Kimsufi and Soyoustart account validation-how much time took for you?

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Most probably people have already asked this but I seems to be unsure if my account will be ever approved..

So, if you possess OVH, Kimsufi or Soyoustart account, how much time it too to validate your account. ?
I have created account on all three, only one mail from OVH, asking them to remove VAT, still waiting for reply.. but no news from Kimsufi and Soyoustart..

Have sent docs on all three cases.. say they don't approve my DOCs, they will ask for more documents or will just say nothing ?

In short, should I wait or start looking elsewhere for my need (already 3 days have passed).

Comments

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2014

Apparently it takes weeks for them to remove VAT, but when I (I'm in the UK so I pay VAT) ordered a VPS from OVH, I sent a photo of a phone bill with everything except name and address blanked out, and it was validated within a couple of working hours.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2014

I am not from UK, rather from India..
    For OVH they have validated account in 2 days but for other two, no news yet.. so it may take weeks to get server with them even if one you want is available ?

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I sent a them an email about it on 6/25/14 for my kimsufi and I still haven't heard anything from them.

• edanedan Member

For kimsufi perhaps about 2 weeks before they validated my account, and they forgot to remove VAT from it, oh my...

For soyoustart USA less than one day. So if you want fast than try to soyoustart USA but the server availability is the problems.

• took me 2 minutes (and i ordered in middle of morning) maybe its different for uk users

• Took me two months nearly. After the first month passed i resent the id etc to their .ie address.
    And took 3 weeks from there.

@edan said:
    For kimsufi perhaps about 2 weeks before they validated my account, and they forgot to remove VAT from it, oh my...

For soyoustart USA less than one day. So if you want fast than try to soyoustart USA but the server availability is the problems.

Order I placed there has been already expired as it was valid for 1 day only.. so should wait them to validate my account and then I place new order OR go again for new order and account stuff as still my account is not validated..

@AutoSnipe said:
    Took me two months nearly. After the first month passed i resent the id etc to their .ie address.
    And took 3 weeks from there.

And all that time you waited.. you are from ?

• tortautortau Member

Oddly, mine was validated within minutes... I never have any problems with Kimsufi/OVH.

• edanedan Member

@Saahib said:
    Order I placed there has been already expired as it was valid for 1 day only.. so should wait them to validate my account and then I place new order OR go again for new order and account stuff as still my account is not validated..

Yes, after validated the order process is very fast like advertised.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Less than 2 minutes, I got my first dedicated servers

• @Saahib : australia
    But didnt bother me waiting not like i have a shortage of servers

• I seem to remember my account taking 1-2 weeks to get verified. What I hate is how Kimsufi seems to discriminate against people not living in the EU, by making them have to give copies of your government issued ID and wait forever for them to validate it, meanwhile, people in the EU have no problem at all. If you don't want to wait and/or haven't sent them copies of your ID, I would spend a little extra on a place like Reprise Hosting, DataShack/WSI, etc. Not to mention, KimSufi is all unmanaged and even if your not having a problem, you need to post your question on their forum and wait a few days for them to (hopefully) give you an answer

• I think, from memory, a couple of days. It wasn't that big a deal for me.

• Took about 1.5 day for me

• HybridHybrid Member

Been around 4 weeks now, still waiting for their reply

• They seems like not interesting to have non-EU users, so all non-EU verification requests got totally delayed and/or ignored.

So they should stop taking orders from Non-EU users..

• 2 days as a US citizen

• edanedan Member

Finally my account approved for their international SoYouStart (got plenty of stock compared to their CA or USA) and already snap their cheapest box with free 16 IPv4 http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/offers/sys-ip-1.xml

• akzakz Member
    edited July 2014

took me 3 days before the due date of the invoice, and that was only cause I followed up with UK support. Those of you who didnt get any sort of response I would suggest you post on the forum or give their telephone support a call as if you are missing any sort of information they will not even bother to respond to you to let you know.

• First account a week has gone by, still not validated.

second account (posted in the forum ) validated in 8 hours.

• Kimsufi dedicated was up and running in 10 minutes after order

• VPNVPN Member

UK user and it took minutes for it to be processed and active.

hmm.. Got my OVH one approved and vat removed, so I guess non EU users are generally placed in last of the queue .. (something like.. lets verify them when rest is done.. ;) )

• @Saahib said:
    hmm.. Got my OVH one approved and vat removed, so I guess non EU users are generally placed in last of the queue .. (something like.. lets verify them when rest is done.. ;) )

In my case it took them a few hours but that was back in 2012 from ovh.com & have never used SYS or KS so can't say but apparently OVH customers are their first priority. I am from Pakistan BTW.

So apart of OVH, nothing from SYS and KIMSUFI ... 10 days I guess already..

• ZshenZshen Member

I never received notification. My VAT was removed apparently as it is not listed on my invoice that I received for renewal. So, mine was removed in less than a week.

• ATHKATHK Member

Took me two weeks for validation and VAT removal, I posted on their forums every few days or so.

edited July 2014

I guess posting in their forum helps.. this time got validated in 2 days..

Btw, their yearly payment with Paypal has 83euro fee.. what the ... ?

(For Soyoustart)