Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fraud Prevention - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fraud Prevention

Comments

• I think about time for Aldryic and Francisco to tell everyone how much they're making.

• subigosubigo Member

@taipres said: I think about time for Aldryic and Francisco to tell everyone how much they're making.

lol, good luck with that... most private companies (of any kind) aren't going to hand out that kind of information.

• rds100rds100 Member

@subigo actually most companies are required by law to publish their yearly reports... not sure how exactly this is named. Or at least here we are required to publish it i think.

• subigosubigo Member

@rds100 said: @subigo actually most companies are required by law to publish their yearly reports... not sure how exactly this is named. Or at least here we are required to publish it i think.

Definitely not for sole proprietorships in the U.S.

• @taipres said: I think about time for Aldryic and Francisco to tell everyone how much they're making.

Our company bills/expenses are paid for the year by late Feb to mid March. As far as an actual figure, Fran doesn't have the numbers, but yes, well over the six figure mark.

@subigo said: lol, good luck with that... most private companies (of any kind) aren't going to hand out that kind of information.

Fairly certain he was asking about what we made as individuals. Up to @Francisco whether or not he wants to disclose any of that info.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Aldryic said: @subigo said: lol, good luck with that... most private companies (of any kind) aren't going to hand out that kind of information.

Bingo, I have no reason to share :)

Francisco

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Aldryic said: but yes, well over the six figure mark.

That's not saying much, even my little ass brings in over 6 figures

• @miTgiB said: That's not saying much, even my little ass brings in over 6 figures

LOL. I think it's only fair that the other provider stepped up and said how much he made that you do the same Francisco, in terms of how much you take home. Inquiring minds would like to know.

• Why would one care how much money one makes as long as one can pay the bills, save some money and buy new stuff from time to time? It's not really important and i doubt @Francisco actually knows how much money he makes :P

Thanked by 1nabo

@taipres said: LOL. I think it's only fair that the other provider stepped up and said how much he made that you do the same Francisco, in terms of how much you take home. Inquiring minds would like to know.

I literally don't know how much the company makes as it's not something I bother myself with. I know how many nodes we have, how much inventory we sell on each node and how much inventory we have left.

From there I can get a good idea in my mind of what we have and what our goals are.

The only times I've ever worried about anything at the company was when we were in Portland and just trying to keep afloat. Once we got to FMT things were smooth sailing on the pony seas.

Remember, I'm mostly a figure head within the company. I don't even have a WHMCS account, that's why I don't process orders. Instead I'm the lead programmer & network tech. I'm also the most versed in virtulization at the company as well as many linux tricks I've learned over the years for data recovery, performance monitoring & improvements and things like that.

Francisco

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: doubt @Francisco actually knows how much money he makes :P

I bet the Canadian Government knows exactly how much money he makes, but if he wishes to keep that private, it is his right, and to those claiming he should fess up, get over yourselves, it's his right to share or not.

Thanked by 2nabo HalfEatenPie
  • AldryicAldryic Member
    edited June 2012

@miTgiB said: That's not saying much, even my little ass brings in over 6 figures

There's a huge difference between 100,000 and 900,000 :P But jokes aside, you've been at this a lot longer than we have; doubtless you're better skilled at efficiently making a profit, let alone having old-time contacts to help with cutting deals :P

@taipres said: LOL. I think it's only fair that the other provider stepped up and said how much he made that you do the same Francisco, in terms of how much you take home. Inquiring minds would like to know.

When you work for me, you'll get to know how much we make. As that obviously won't happen, just use your imagination :3

@gsrdgrdghd said: Why would one care how much money one makes as long as one can pay the bills, save some money and buy new stuff from time to time?

Ironically enough, that's our business plan XD As long as we keep our bills paid, can afford to keep our hardware upgraded, and continue to improve ourselves, we're happy.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@rds100 said: actually most companies are required by law to publish their yearly reports... not sure how exactly this is named. Or at least here we are required to publish it i think.

No.

Your statement is incorrect because only publicly-listed companies (that sell stock on the major exchanges) are required to publish audited reports. Publicly-listed companies are only a small fraction of companies are publicly-listed so "most" is incorrect.

Private companies have no such requirement, regardless of size. You won't find annual reports for Levi Strauss, for example, because they are privately owned. I don't recall Chrysler's status at the moment, but for several years they were not publicly listed and hence published no financial reports. Those are multi-billion-dollar examples...gazillions of smaller examples.

Sometimes big private companies do publish some info, but it's for their own marketing benefit, not a requirement.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@raindog308 said: Those are multi-billion-dollar examples...gazillions of smaller examples.

Small and/or private companies employee more people world wide than any other way, so those claiming too big to fail were telling you a lie.

edited June 2012

@Francisco said: Remember, I'm mostly a figure head within the company.

A "figure head" who is "well buffered" by the "soldiers" and "button men" further down in his organization.

@Francisco said: I don't even have a WHMCS account, that's why I don't process orders.

Right, Don Francisco never gives the orders directly. He's always well-insulated

Here is the BuyVM org chart:

http://tinyurl.com/buyvm-structure

Don Francisco's Consigliere is @Aldryic. Anthony for Underboss? Various caporegime and soldiers. And then the wannabes and associates (also known as "IRC men" and "clients").

Thanked by 1Aldryic
    edited June 2012

This just in, @raindog308 found dead in a dumpster with a horse head.

News at 11.

:3

Francisco

Thanked by 1Aldryic

@Francisco said: This just in, @raindog308 found dead in a dumpster with a horse head.

Mario Puzo got the idea for the pony head from you, but changed it to a horse head when he wrote The Godfather.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: When you work for me, you'll get to know how much we make. As that obviously won't happen, just use your imagination :3

No one works for you, you work for Francisco, and fortunately for you he sounds like incredibly flexible boss. If you were my employee(as i'm also an employeer) things would be different.

• @taipres said: No one works for you,

lol, there you go running your mouth again without knowing a damn thing on what you're talking about.

@taipres said: you work for Francisco, and fortunately for you he sounds like a good boss

He's more than my boss, he's a dear friend. I count myself more fortunate for the latter.

Anything else you'd like to cram your foot into your mouth about while it's open?

• CoreyCorey Member

@Aldryic and taipres, fraud prevention thread... now I know why WHT has to be so strict.

• @Aldryic said: lol, there you go running your mouth again without knowing a damn thing on what you're talking about.

BuyVM was created by and is ran by Francisco and believe you me, everyone on here and everywhere else is fortunate for that. Because if he didn't and you did, things would be VERY different and not in a good way.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Corey said: @Aldryic and taipres, fraud prevention thread... now I know why WHT has to be so strict.

Yeah WHT admins who apparently are all volunteers like to ban people, makes them feel powerful probably. Sadly on the reverse side of that they don't like answering tickets, can take them years for even simple ones, so I personally wouldn't use them as an kind of example as how to do things. In terms of fraud prevention you should consult with other providers, ask them about any fraudsters they've had, so you can avoid them yourself and vis versa.

@taipres said: Yeah WHT admins who apparently are all volunteers like to ban people, makes them feel powerful probably.

As far as I know the admins are all on payroll.

Fran

• @Francisco said: As far as I know the admins are all on payroll.

I seen a thread someone made about the tickets never being answered, prior to a mod eventually locking it(no suprise there, can't be having dem people voice anything) the mod said they were volunteers. You did say admins though so IDK, way he worded it made me think all of them were volunteers but he may just of meant mods.

• @taipres said: No one works for you,

@Aldryic said: lol, there you go running your mouth again without knowing a damn thing on what you're talking about.

@taipres said: BuyVM was created by and is ran by Francisco and believe you me, everyone on here and everywhere else is fortunate for that. Because if he didn't and you did, things would be VERY different and not in a good way.

I like how you selectively misquote or ignore what was actually commented :P "No one works for you"? False, on both sides of the coin.

BuyVM actually originated with Andrew Moore. He gave us the domain in exchange for favours down the road, and we used the name to market our new brand.

Yes, things would be very different. I lack his experience with virtualization, kernel handling, and a list of items on the technical side. And yes, BuyVM would be much worse off if it weren't for Francisco. There's a reason that each of the senior staff have a specialized area, and run things on that side as they see fit unless veto'd by the others.

You might want to take the time to actually investigate things before making yourself look like even more of a fool. Otherwise, feel free to continue, I have plenty of free time to spend correcting your dull-eyed assumptions tonight <3

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic said: I lack his experience with virtualization, kernel handling, and a list of items on the technical side.

And yet you work for a VPS company? Whatd your resume look like? Not technical, but please hire?

Seriously though, tell me, what exactly is your specialty at BuyVM? Since apparently you're self admittedly not very technical and Francisco is doing the programming and sounds like a lot of other of the grunt work. Also I find all this to be interesting BTW since you always seem to want to argue with me over technical things, something I personally do specialize in.

@Aldryic said: There's a reason that each of the senior staff have a specialized area, and run things on that side as they see fit unless veto'd by the others.

Exactly. Each staff member is the boss of their part. While I could try to overthrow them for a change, i've only done that twice and both times ended with me eventually losing anyways.

Each staffer is the 'boss' of their section. When I need something done on billing I take it to pony and if he says 'nope', guess what, it's a nope, even though i'm 'the owner'. Anthony is the same and when it comes to hardware purchases it's that way with Karen.

Seriously, @taipres, can't you just let a thread go without turning it into some holy war? You keep stating that you have exactly 0 issues with me, but you're working pretty freakin' hard to make me have issues with you.

It isn't getting you anywhere and as you can see, the OP is getting a personal lesson from Aldryic on 'best practices that we put in place'. He isn't charging for it and is taking time out of his weekend to do it.

Seriously, fuck right off.

Francisco

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Francisco said: turning it into some holy war

Pistols at dawn!

@miTgiB said: Pistols at dawn!

Bibles at your ready!

Francisco

• @Francisco I think you need to read your employees remarks before you try and blame it on me. You and I have spoken about this many times in PM, so I don't get why you're changing your tune up now. If he's not technical then tell him to stop arguing about things he doesn't understand, real simple.