Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much for 'deploy in 55 seconds'
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So much for 'deploy in 55 seconds'

ronaldgrnronaldgrn Member
edited July 2014 in General

Anyone else noticed that DigitalOcean's 'Deploy an SSD cloud server in 55 seconds.' is currently more like 'Deploy a* SSD cloud server in 10 minutes'

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Hello friend.

Did you raise a ticket with them? I'n my personal experience I've always found that they create droplets in less than a minute, so perhaps there was a issue at the time you tried to create a droplet?

Peace be with you.

Thanked by 1srvrpro
  • Has always been less than a minute for me

• wychwych Member

Did you ask support if there was an issue?

• What's your droplet size? If it's bigger than 5$ plan + backups then you're right, it's exactly "10mins"

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Hello friend.

Did you raise a ticket with them? I'n my personal experience I've always found that they create droplets in less than a minute, so perhaps there was a issue at the time you tried to create a droplet?

Peace be with you.

Goosebumps

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • jhjh Member

Yeah occasionally takes a few mins for me as well. Never more than that though. Not sure why it matters?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jhadley said:
    Yeah occasionally takes a few mins for me as well. Never more than that though. Not sure why it matters?

I would suggest that the OPs time is incredibly precious, and that waiting 9 minutes and 5 seconds longer than he anticipated may have caused seismic quakes in his schedule.

• jhjh Member

Nekki said: I would suggest that the OPs time is incredibly precious, and that waiting 9 minutes and 5 seconds longer than he anticipated may have caused seismic quakes in his schedule.

In that case we should be very thankful for him taking time out to inform us.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jhadley said:
    In that case we should be very thankful for him taking time out to inform us.

Indeed. Blessed is he who takes the time to advise others of his important issues on an Internet forum.

Thanked by 3netomx 0xdragon marrco
  • edited July 2014

To defend to OP:

I think he meant his comments as more of an observation than an actual issue/complaint.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@globalRegisters said:
    To defend to OP:

I think he meant his comments as more of an observation than an actual issue/complaint.

Brother, there is no need to defend the OP, his comments have been taken in proper and appropriate form by all that have read them, for how could they not?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Sue D.O - simple.

• The bigger question is . . . who cares?

• LeeLee Veteran

On occassion I have found it to take certainly longer than 60 seconds but that said I don't tend to sit waiting or time it. Overall though usually within the time stated.

Perhaps you just got caught in a Q or as others said, if you select backups that seems to delay deployment.

I have just deployed one, literally 5 seconds and an email arrived, saying that the droplet is ready

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

@netomx said:
    I have just deployed one, literally 5 seconds and an email arrived, saying that the droplet is ready

Yeah, the email is quick but the droplet won't be ready.

@W1V_Lee said:

sure?

Your new droplet has been created!

You can access it using the following credentials:
    IP Address: 104.131.xxx.xxx
    Username: root
    Password: noerapenal !!

p.s. Mexican joke (World Cup) inside :P

• ronaldgrnronaldgrn Member
    edited July 2014

There actually was an issue.. there is a notice on the site now

We're experiencing slow event processing resulting in a backlog of events such as creates, destroys, or power-cycles. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue.
    Thu Jul 3 17:21:55 2014

• Nekki said: Hello friend.
    Nekki said: Brother

LOL and What's next ? "Dear Buddy"?

• IshaqIshaq Member

srvrpro said: LOL and What's next ? "Dear Buddy"?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

• NekkiNekki Veteran

srvrpro said: LOL and What's next ? "Dear Buddy"?

Quiet, prick.

• Response from their support:

Hello,

While a droplet can usually be created in 55 seconds if there are other creations occurring on the same physical node this can cause slight delays.

Thanks
    Ryan

Hello,

There is no guarantee on the creation time of a droplet, however it will usually take around 55 seconds to create.If you have any other questions please let us know.

Regards,
    Dewey

• ^ Good, I feel much better now, thanks!

• ATHKATHK Member

I had a one creation and one deletion stuck in their "queue" took 4 hours for that queue to clear up..

And yes I did email support, it didn't bother me though I had all the time in the world for those two.

• ShivamShivam Member

They are pretty fast , not sure what you deployed but so far, its been about 47 Seconds

• CikonCikon Member

The grammar is correct as "an SSD server". It follows the same rule as "an hour"; it sounds correct and is correct being "an SSD server".

• @Ishaq said:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Quiet GVH troll.