Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What speeds are people experiencing with OVH BHS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What speeds are people experiencing with OVH BHS

Hey I was wondering what kind of speeds are people getting with them because I tested a sample cachefly download via wget and I seem to only be able to get 22 MB/s on average... what kind of speeds are you guys getting?

Comments

• which ovh dedi/vps you bought? their bandwidth depeneds on server you buy, ranging from 100mbps to 3gbps

• I bought the enterprise SP-64 2013 server. It should have 500 mbps upload but thats irrelevant since its download remains uncapped at 1 gigabit. I just don't think that download speed is right when downloading from a cdn as big as cachefly... can anyone report what they are getting?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2014

@007shinobi traceroute/ping cachefly. Last time I checked (well, couple of years ago), Cachefly did not have a mirror in Canada (or peering with OVH there), so it was being routed to somewhere in the US pretty far away.

• Do a Speedtest.net on it and report back.

• Do I ping cachefly.cachefly.net or just cachefly.com? Sorry I know that must be a stupid question... but I'm getting 88+ with cachefly.cachefly.net and 4-24 ms from unknown.servercentral.net.

• 007shinobi007shinobi Member
    edited July 2014

I got 356.25 Mbps/542.04 Mbps at location Mount Royal, QC. I did another test and got 25.13 Mbps/35.27 Mbps. :S

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

007shinobi said: Do I ping cachefly.cachefly.net or just cachefly.com?

Well, where did you download their test file from? It's from cachefly.cachefly.net.

• Good point... did another speed test and got 56.35 Mbps/ 114.04 Mbps from the same location.

• try this, it will give you more accurate results
    https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli