Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted 2 servers OZV / KVM Paid Yearly.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted 2 servers OZV / KVM Paid Yearly.

ATHKATHK Member

Hi!

I'm looking to move from shitty Urpad (server is flaky/slow and support is piss poor) to RamNode @Nick_A or someone else, if the price is right :P

I need two servers

First machine:
OVZ
RAM 512mb
B/W 100GB +
HDD/SSD 20GB
Hopefully this can be set up from a OVZ template/ZIP/Rsync? from GayPad machine.

Second machine
KVM
RAM 512mb
B/W 100GB +
HDD/SSD 50GB

Paid yearly.

Also whilst you're reading, what's the best location in the USA for pings to Sydney Australia for PPTPD and OpenVPN?

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

said: Also whilst you're reading, what's the best location in the USA for pings to Sydney Australia for PPTPD and OpenVPN?

Your best bet is probably California.

• What's your budget?

• ATHKATHK Member

@Jeffrey said:
    What's your budget?

None of your business, $30 - $60 a year. depending.

• ATHK said: None of your business

Well, we wouldn't have been able to assist you further if you have not told us your budget. $30-60/Year should get you what you need. I'm sure some LEB providers here can help you out.

• Catalyst has a promo on LEB front page right now - $42/yr for 512/30GB/4TB with LEBSEATTLE coupon in SEA or DAL: click.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @ATHK said:

Well, you're the one who is looking new provider. Some information could help you better.

• ATHKATHK Member

@Jeffrey said:

Sorry, I meant to throw a smiley in there.... wasn't trying to offend!

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for checking us out! Feel free to send us a sales email if you'd like. Best location for Australia would probably be Seattle. We have a looking glass in each location you can use to see for yourself.

• ATHKATHK Member

Still looking, Nick doesn't allow for custom plans...

Even with the 42% code he gave me,

KVM SSD-Cached VPS (CKVM) - Seattle - 512MB CKVM
    $75.17 USD Annually

OpenVZ SSD-Cached VPS (CVZ) - Seattle - 512MB CVZ
    $46.98 USD Annually

I'm sure your service is great Nick (I've hear it is by many), but those prices aren't all that great for me, and the plans didn't really suit what I needed.

I can easily cut costs out of those plans by not having as much disk space and B/W...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

said: looking to move from shitty Urpad (server is flaky/slow and support is piss poor)

Why pay yearly and take chances that the new provider turns out to be shitty/flaky/slow/piss-poor couple of months down the line?

said: what's the best location in the USA for pings to Sydney Australia for PPTPD and OpenVPN?

Did you check your pings to DO Singapore? I was seeing about 30-40ms to Australia

• ATHKATHK Member

@rm_ said:
    Why pay yearly and take chances that the new provider turns out to be shitty/flaky/slow/piss-poor couple of months down the line?

Personal preference really plus it's almost always discounted, I suppose you're right though.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Have you checked this page?

http://list.lowendserv.net

• I'm running OpenVPN on a 128MB box with Ramnode in Seattle, and network performance is stellar. The 128 meg SSD-Cached plan has 50GB storage and 500GB bandwidth, for just under $14/yr.

Wable.com has a VPN-only plan for $0.75/mo in Dallas (10GB SSD/1TB BW/512MB Ram/OVZ) - or you can upgrade to the $6 or $8/mo plan and have a single or multiple boxes in Dallas & Seattle.

The VPSDime 100GB storage plan is $40/yr - 1GB Ram/100GB Storage/1TB BW in Los Angeles would also work well (OVZ).

• ATHKATHK Member

All way above what I want, I don't just need openvpn it's used for multiple things.

But thanks.

• Check my list either, http://vpsrecord.com/offers/

• ATHKATHK Member

@cppgohan said:
    Check my list either, http://vpsrecord.com/offers/

First of all, the Buy buttons don't work in Chrome.

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function 
    vpsrecord.com/static/app/offers.js:113

Second, the deal for Crissic 512mb $13.50 a year (number 9) doesn't work or is very out dated.

Total Due Today: $48.00 USD

Thanked by 1cppgohan
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited July 2014

@ATHK said:

LEB ad going up tomorrow from us if you can wait :)

• redoredo Member

I can transfer you 2 of my VPS with WeLoveServers. This is customized package with $44 per yer from Oct 2014. Configuration is

6GB RAM
    6GB vSwap
    8 vCPU Cores
    75GB Disk space
    2000GB Bandwidth
    1Gbps uplink
    1x IPv4 address
    OpenVZ/SolusVM

I think one of the comments above makes sense. If you take yearly, you may be in my situation now. The needs have been changed and you will try to recover as much as you can. I wish I had paid monthly before.

For detail of the offer, please refer to http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/30393/transfer-2-vps-6gb-ram-6gb-swap-8-vcpu-cores-from-weloveservers

• ATHK said: Second, the deal for Crissic 512mb $13.50 a year (number 9) doesn't work or is very out dated.

It's a hidden special, his link doesn't take you to it though. It's also $15.00 a year, not $13.50 (from what I recall, the coupon does not work on it due to it being a special).

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

@ATHK I can do give you the following KVM for $45/year in LA:

512MB RAM, 1 CPU, 50GB HDD, 1TB Traffic

If you're interested please open a sales ticket here:
    https://www.owned-networks.net/client_area/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2

• cppgohancppgohan Member
    edited July 2014

@ATHK said:

Thank you for your valuable feedback, fixed the problem:

1. I did use require.js without shim, so bootstrap.js could load in wrong order.
    2. Didn't mention that crissic LET10PERCENT coupon not working on SPECIAL offers, previous coupon was able to apply for SPECIAL.

looks like Crissic will post some new offers to LEB in very few days