Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GateOne WebSSH client - configuration problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GateOne WebSSH client - configuration problem

trexostrexos Member
edited July 2014 in General

Hi guys,

I have an idleing VPS and just found the project called GateOne which is a web based SSH client. I installed it and I can access it over https://MYIP:443, but I want to change something in the config. The documation (http://liftoff.github.io/GateOne/About/index.html#configuration) tells me that I should find this file under /opt/gateone/server.conf but it's not there. I didn't use a special way of installing, I just did python setup.py install. Where do I find my config file? Already tried it with locate server.conf and others, but I didn't find it either.

Thank you.

Comments

• KMyersKMyers Member

Why not use ShellInABox, it is super easy to install and configure.

On Debian/Ubuntu, you can simply apt-get install shellinabox (other distros vary slightly)

• trexostrexos Member

@KMyers said:
    Why not use ShellInABox, it is super easy to install and configure.

On Debian/Ubuntu, you can simply apt-get install shellinabox (other distros vary slightly)

I need something for connecting to different servers, not only localhost.

• KMyersKMyers Member

trexos said: I need something for connecting to different servers, not only localhost.

I normally SSH into one of my boxes with shellinabox and then issue an ssh command from it (setup with SSH keys and IP Restrictions.

• trexostrexos Member

@KMyers said:
    I normally SSH into one of my boxes with shellinabox and then issue an ssh command from it (setup with SSH keys and IP Restrictions.

Yeah, sure this is an option. And I think it's even better, but I would like to get this GateOne thing running as I really like it.

• 5n1p5n1p Member

If config is not there just try to create it :)

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited July 2014

said: Already tried it with locate server.conf

Did you also updated the database?

updatedb

• redoredo Member

In my server, the file is /opt/gateone/settings/10server.conf

• redoredo Member

KMyers said: Why not use ShellInABox, it is super easy to install and configure.

In deed, this sounds very promising. Thx for sharing.

• shrubblesshrubbles Member
    edited July 2014

find / -name gateone

find / -name server.conf

• Hello there!

I use GateOne quite a lot, and they've switched from a single file to a more organised bunch of files for doing particular settings on your GateOne instance. You should be able to find these in the folder:

/opt/gateone/settings

This may differ depending on if you have installed from GitHub or a package.

• trexostrexos Member

@taronyu said:

Found it now thanks!

Its under /etc/gateone/conf.d/10server.conf

@0xdragon said:
    Hello there!

I use GateOne quite a lot, and they've switched from a single file to a more organised bunch of files for doing particular settings on your GateOne instance. You should be able to find these in the folder:

/opt/gateone/settings

This may differ depending on if you have installed from GitHub or a package.

I installed it from GitHub with python setup.py install. How did you install it over a .deb package? Create it from the GitHub file? Is this the reason why config file is in a different location like yours?

• If you followed the instructions on the GitHub page it may have told you to append an option to install it elsewhere, but when I installed it, it defaulted to that. By package I mean the releases that used to be done on GitHub ^.^

• trexostrexos Member
    edited July 2014

@0xdragon said:
    If you followed the instructions on the GitHub page it may have told you to append an option to install it elsewhere, but when I installed it, it defaulted to that. By package I mean the releases that used to be done on GitHub ^.^

Yeah, it told me that there is an option to install it to a non-standard location. But I didn't do it.

Do you suggest changing something in the config? I already edited my origins.