Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
LINODE $50 Credit. UPDATE: EXPIRED
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

LINODE $50 Credit. UPDATE: EXPIRED

SantiagoSantiago Member
edited July 2014 in General

UPDATE: The coupon has expired

Hello X,
Thank you for contacting us! I apologize for any inconvenience, but that promotional code is no longer valid. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks, Linode Support

I got this offer from bootstrapped.fm, the promotion is only valid for new accounts.

1. Register a new Linode account. (shameless referral link)
  2. Help a bro and use my referral code: e4903f72df609bfbba7fcab9d671cb37a54a5e90
  3. Use BOOTSTRAPPEDFM to get $50 credit.
  4. You will need to prepay $5 with your credit card.
  5. Enjoy your new linode account.

Comments

• Well fuck. Already used the linode10 coupon :|

• @drazilox said:
    Well fuck. Already used the linode10 coupon :|

I know that feel. (DigitalOcean's black Friday offer)

• mov3mov3 Member

Thank You.
    I got the $50 Credit

• yywudiyywudi Member

wow, same promotion as DO. fight back?

• mov3mov3 Member

@yywudi said:
    wow, same promotion as DO. fight back?

DO have same promotion?
  • TravTrav Member

Thank you!!!! :D

• @mov3 said:
    DO have same promotion?

DO did have a similar promotion 7~8 months ago (Black Friday)

• yywudiyywudi Member

@mov3 said:

not available now, but the BLACKFRIDAY offer give free $50 when new account registered and pay $5. that's totally same as Linode offer

• mov3mov3 Member

@yywudi said:
    not available now, but the BLACKFRIDAY offer give free $50 when new account registered and pay $5. that's totally same as Linode offer

Thank You. I love linode because have Japan location.

• SantiagoSantiago Member
    edited July 2014

@mov3 said:
    I love linode because have Japan location.

DigitalOcean Singapore is/was horrible (3 months ago, horrible uploads and downloads)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • already have linode account... :(

just have recommended some friends to register, lol

• Thanks, it works.. I have added my referal link in my sig if anyone would like to use mine ;)

• mov3mov3 Member

@Santiago said:
    DigitalOcean Singapore is/was horrible (3 months ago, horrible uploads and downloads)

The network speed is horrible? How about the I/O?

• @Santiago said:

@mov3

I just fired up a box there a week or so ago, pulling ~30MB/s down, and pushed ~26MB/s up to my Ramnode Seattle box.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited July 2014

i don't need that, i have an account in good stand for many years. But this is for sure a keeper. The very best vps provider with a terrific community giving out 5 months of its basic package for free.

Everybody should get one and see the difference between a Linode and a regular VPS.

(there are a few exception, like Prometeus, KuJoe's SecureDragon, OpenITC XenVz and a few others, but this is a top notch vps with the best library of resources, tutorials and a very active community.)

Edit: i wrongly calculated 10 months free. 5 is the right number

• mov3mov3 Member

@mikeyur said:
    I just fired up a box there a week or so ago, pulling ~30MB/s down, and pushed ~26MB/s up to my Ramnode Seattle box.

Not bad

• @mikeyur said:

Thank you for the follow up, 3 months ago was something like ~1MB/s down ~500KB/s up to my Ramnode Seattle box. It seems that the connectivity is getting better.

• rm_rm_ Member

marrco said: The very best vps provider with a terrific community giving out 10 months of its basic package for free.

You mean which one? If linode, then with the $50 coupon you only get 5 months, not 10.

• @rm_ said:
    You mean which one? If linode, then with the $50 coupon you only get 5 months, not 10.

I think he got confused with the DO $5 plan here

• BellaBella Member

I don't like how I have to give them my CC info

• marrcomarrco Member

rm_ said: You mean which one? If linode, then with the $50 coupon you only get 5 months, not 10.

Oops, you're right. 5 months free. I shouldn't do math before coffee in the morning

• @Bella said:

Always keep a prepaid debit card handy for such occasions. I still sleep well even when linode, amazon and few other providers have my CC data which is worth less than a dollar right now.

• BarisBaris Member

Thank you very much! Got my 50 dollars instantly. Used your refferal code also ;-)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2014

Thanks man! You are god! 55$ in Linode for 5 bucks! Already grabbed it. And, fo course, I used the refferal

• Thanks you very much.

• tommytommy Member

awsesome
    thanks alot $55.00 (credit)

Let's bet which dot-name will collapse first ;)

• NingNing Member

thanks you, it works!!!

• guitarfireguitarfire Member
    edited July 2014

Thank you, works with Entropay virtual credit card in case any one is having problems with credit card..!

• pending activation, is it ok? paid with a virtual cc

Hi!

• NeoonNeoon Member
    edited July 2014
  • yaochengyaocheng Member
    edited July 2014

Your account is currently being reviewed. You'll receive an email from us in just a few minutes, so hang tight!

more than 10 mins ...

Edit: it went through after 1+ hours, finally.

• Good coupon and working.
    You can't have previous coupon used.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Thanks, signed up with your referal code.

• J1021J1021 Member

Woo, had been leaving off adding credit to another cloud service (Do, Vultr..) but $55 for the price of $5 is too good to refuse.

• @1e10 said:
    kcaj.me

That fish of yours is awesome

• @Santiago said:

Oh my, it is indeed awesome. :)

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited July 2014

@Bella said:

I've added my real card when signing up, although changed the number and expiry date for tomorrow. From what I remember, Linode removes expired cards.

• J1021J1021 Member

Santiago said: That fish of yours is awesome

I think I stole it from @Jack (With permission ofcourse) ;)

• @Santiago said:

I signed up under your referral link. :)

• akzakz Member

nice got the $50 credit, couldnt resist thanks!

• cppgohancppgohan Member
    edited July 2014

@drazilox said:
    Well fuck. Already used the linode10 coupon :|

I had an old account, cancel the old then recreate the account, better than DO

Is it worked for linode10 coupon already used?

• vonlulzwegvonlulzweg Member without signature

Wow thanks mate

• Also another epic thing about Linode is their longview monitering system, and you can even add non linode boxes!

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@Santiago said:
    I got this offer from bootstrapped.fm, the promotion is only valid for new accounts.

Thank you.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    https://raymii.org - https://cipherli.st
  • J1021J1021 Member

linuxthefish said: Also another epic thing about Linode is their longview monitering system, and you can even add non linode boxes!

Discovered this about an hour ago. It's great as an overview tool (only retains data for 12 hours on the free plan) for all my servers.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2014

Got mine as well. This is awesome. I would never have signed up for Linode otherwise. ;) Have too many LEBs. Now I can find out what it means to have a Linode.

How does Linode handle "linodes"? It is like the drops on DO, where when you destroy a droplet, you stop being billed? Can I play around with a linode for an hour, destroy it and be billed for just an hour?

C, Bash, Perl, Python, PHP, and JS hobbyist. VPS collector. Blog

• Caveman122Caveman122 Member
    edited July 2014

@joelgm said:
    Got mine as well. This is awesome. I would never have signed up for Linode otherwise. ;) Have too many LEBs. Now I can find out what it means to have a Linode.

How does Linode handle "linodes"? It is like the drops on DO, where when you destroy a droplet, you stop being billed? Can I play around with a linode for an hour, destroy it and be billed for just an hour?

Yep, be sure to destroy it.

• StevieStevie Member

@Santiago

Thanks for this, I paid the $5 and got the $50 bonus!

Also I used your referral code :-)

Signature goes here.

• Nice, thanks!

• netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

I have used your referral code too :)

btw, $10/m?