Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digicube experiences?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digicube experiences?

xyzxyz Member

For one of the cheap French dedi providers that get mentioned around here every now and then, I haven't heard particularly much about them, beyond their particularly bad cancellation scheme.

Would anyone who's been/is with them be able to share their experience? For example, setup process (is their verification process like OVH/Online?), support and network speeds? I'm primarily interested in the Digi One (the cheapest) range they have.

Also, I notice that they mention a bandwidth guarantee of 250Mbps on all their servers, but it's even mentioned on those with a 100Mbps port as well as their top of the range product, which makes me wonder whether it's just fixed text... Is it really 250Mbps across their entire range with a 1Gbps port?

Comments

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited July 2014

Hi,

I tested one server for free with them some time ago. I got 150-200Mbps but never full 250Mbps.

And they have new server in stock:

Atom 230 2x1.6Ghz (HT)nouveau
    Intel ATOM 230 à 2x1,6Ghz Hyper-Threading (deux cpu logiques par coeur)
    Mémoire : 1 Go (DDRII)
    1 disque 30 Go (SSD)
    100Mbps

5.99€ (if you pay for one year 12x5.99)

And 2nd:

Atom 230 2x1.6Ghz (HT)
    Intel ATOM 230/D410 à 2x1,6Ghz Hyper-Threading (deux cpu logiques par coeur)
    Mémoire : 1 Go
    1 disque 250 Go (SATAII)
    100Mbps

5.99€ (if you pay for one year 12x5.99)

Etc ..

Thanked by 1xyz
  • xyzxyz Member

Thanks for the reply ZEROF.

@ZEROF said:
    I tested one server for free with them some time ago. I got 150-200Mbps but never full 250Mbps.

I presume a server with a 1Gbps port - which server was it?

Is this 150-200Mbps to any particular location?

And they have new server in stock:

They seem to be €5/month if paid annually, or €6.25/month paid monthly. But only 100Mbps.

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited July 2014

Hi xzy,

I tested XEON 3430 4x2.4Ghz server for about month with 1Gbps port. They worked on their network since then. But it's always better to send mail and ask them what you will get, like that you can be sure.

And small server is 5.99€ with vat i think so, but I'm not sure about French vat.

xyz said: I presume a server with a 1Gbps port - which server was it?

Is this 150-200Mbps to any particular location?

• xyzxyz Member

I presume you're in Europe then? Or are you suggesting that removing VAT for non-EU residents can be difficult?

Also is support French only, or do they speak English as well?

• boerndboernd Member

Do you still have to write a letter to cancel?

When I was a customer there a year ago I had to write a letter to cancel my server.

• I had one of their budget servers (Atom + SSD drive) for several months. I can say nothing bad about uptime/way to receive support, even though I don't use French.

The only problem was when I decided to terminate the DS. Finally, I managed to do that without sending any paperwork. However, they still require it in ToS/AUP, so I am somewhat wary about using them, until I can't cancel my services with a few clicks of buttons.

Thanked by 1xyz
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Master_Bo said: The only problem was when I decided to terminate the DS.

What was the problem?

Finally, I managed to do that without sending any paperwork.

So did you have to argue with their support for this?