Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows KVM [ With template option ]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows KVM [ With template option ]

SherlockSherlock Member
edited July 2014 in Requests

Hi, I need some cheap windows KVM vps with template options ( just like in opennebula ).
SSD is preferred, RAM maybe 512 to 1 GB. I need 20 such vps, CPU/IO/RAM usage etc will be low, but still performance should be good. Throw in your best offer.

PS: if you sell cheap and good Dedi and will help me create those vps then i can also buy the dedi.

Comments

• We do Hyper-V Windows 2012 R2 DC VPS for $7 month. Specs:

1 vCPU
    1GB Memory
    40GB SSD
    1TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

for what will you use that servers ?

• @serverian said:
    We do Hyper-V Windows 2012 R2 DC VPS for $7 month. Specs:

1 vCPU
    1GB Memory
    40GB SSD
    1TB Traffic @ 1Gbps

20 x 7$ = 140$ .. costly.. and i need win 2008 R2

• @drserver said:
    for what will you use that servers ?

data-processing, and some other educational testing stuff

• @Sherlock said:

Then, you can go with regular KVM/Xen HVM and use 180 day trial. @drserver probably will fit your budget.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

why not just get a $40 dedi with 8GB Ram from a DC that can offer you a windows enterprise license monthly and set it up yourself?

You will save money and learn at the same time.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    why not just get a $40 dedi with 8GB Ram from a DC that can offer you a windows enterprise license monthly and set it up yourself?

You will save money and learn at the same time.

Only if I knew how to do that, and there is also the performance factor..

Check our byteshack range

• @drserver said:
    Check our byteshack range

still so costly...i was hoping to get some better prices... 20 vps in bulk would save 0.5$ x 20 = 10$ PayPal fees for the providers...

• PwnerPwner Member

@Sherlock said:

Keep in mind, you're asking for a Windows VPS, so 20 Windows licenses are required as well. That isn't exactly cheap on the provider's end. @serverian is probably the best deal you'll ever find on a Windows VPS. I'd strongly recommend going with him, since he has an excellent reputation as a provider to begin with.

@Sherlock I am sorry to find you our pricing costly. I am not able to do better deal.

• PwnerPwner Member

@drserver Nothing against you for my previous comment, I hope I didn't offend you. By best deal I meant specification wise, not price. I know you're also a reputable provider, so if Sherlock is looking for something cheaper than Winity, you're next in line.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • @Pwner said:

It's for testing purpose so of course i am gonna use trial license... why would i ask for a license and then term a $7 deal as costly..

• PwnerPwner Member

@Sherlock said:
    It's for testing purpose so of course i am gonna use trial license... why would i ask for a license and then term a $7 deal as costly..

Windows VPSs in general are still very expensive for the provider to host and for the consumer to rent. If you want something cheaper than $5-7 a month with 512 MB of RAM, then your expectations are too high. Unless you plan on running 20 guest operating systems locally, this is as good as it will get for quality and quantity.

Pwner said: @drserver Nothing against you for my previous comment, I hope I didn't offend you. By best deal I meant specification wise, not price. I know you're also a reputable provider, so if Sherlock is looking for something cheaper than Winity, you're next in line.

You didn't offend me at all. THank you for kind words

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • I think our hosting solution is almost perfect for what your wanting to do, our system allows the user to create and delete, scale up and scale down their servers as they need, pricing is calculated every 24hr's with servers priced by the hour.

The following are monthly prices for KVM
    512MB|20GB SSD| Un-metered = $3.80(10Mbps) $5.70(100Mbps)
    1024MB|20GB SSD| Un-metered = $8(10Mbps) $11(100Mbps)
    Windows 2008 Readily Available.

Alternatively our full list of pricing is available here

Servers can be stopped then resized without loss of data/IP change, the only reason i say this might be 'almost' perfect is that its a little more pricier than other providers.

• @quadex said:

Sounds perfect but, just the port speed.. too slow..

• Are you looking for 1gbps or was 100Mbps to expensive for what your looking for, if thats the case if you could provide me with more details we may be able to arrange something, for example if you were comfortable in depositing your Quarterly server costs we would be able to discount the prices so as they made better suit your needs.

Just PM me if you'd like to further discuss, otherwise good luck :)