Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShockwaveVPS/MyPCServer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShockwaveVPS/MyPCServer

TommehMTommehM Member
edited July 2014 in General

Just thought I'd warn you lot about shockwavevps/mypcserver
It looks pretty shady, summer host maybe?

http://mypcserver.co.uk/ (Offline? doesn't load for me)
http://shockwavevps.com/
https://www.facebook.com/shockwavevpsandmypcserver

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

The Facebook feed appears to be the ramblings of an utter retard, but that aside, what makes you think they're shady. Share your dirt, so that others will not have to dig in the faeces in which you have already dug.

• Nekki said: The Facebook feed appears to be the ramblings of an utter retard, but that aside, what makes you think they're shady. Share your dirt, so that others will not have to dig in the faeces in which you have already dug.

For a start, the owner can't even spell correctly or use proper grammar.
    He's asking for a £6.80 donation to run the company, obviously doesn't have the money to run the company in the first place, which means the company will probably shut down in a month or so.
    at the bottom of the page it says "Our Awesome Clients" which are stock pictures of people, couldn't he change it to display actual clients? (with permission of course) or just delete that entire section and replace it with something else.
    The dedicated server page doesn't even work, not sure he even sells dedicated servers so I don't really see the point in having that page, but it's kinda obvious who ever runs that site has no idea how to use a computer properly.
    I'm not even gonna start with the "blog" page, it pretty much explains it's self.
    and under "Team" what the hell does "Technician support" even mean?
    also, do they even have a tos/aup? am I just allowed to do anything I want on them?
    The entire site looks like it's been made by a 10 year old so I wouldn't trust a host which is entirely funded by mummy, which will most likely shut down in a few months.

That's just my opinion, it could be around for a long time but I highly doubt that it if the founder needs to run a host off of donations.

• also, 24/7 support right here, "Sorry, Nobody is Here right now please leave a email and we will get back to you shortly"

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Hmm I need £6.80 donation email [email protected] PAY PAY NOW! For 4GB RAM VPS;s

lol.

• Best Site ... EVER! lol

• TommehMTommehM Member
    edited July 2014

Don't even ask how I got this,

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • FlorisFloris Member

@TommehM said:
    Don't even ask how I got this,

• another reason you shouldn't trust them,

and another thing, minimum wage is £50/week?

• TommehMTommehM Member
    edited July 2014

love the pic. ;)

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited July 2014

@TommehM said:
    another reason you shouldn't trust them,

So to sum it up:

He ain't got money to run a company,

Claims to have hacked google(A multi-billion dollar corporation), yet he can't setup Xen(yeah man, real rocket science...).

• Floris said: So to sum it up:

He ain't got money to run a company,

Claims to have hacked google, yet he can't setup Xen.

Basically, also he somehow affords to pay staff £50/week but can't afford £6.80, I don't understand this one.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • FlorisFloris Member

@TommehM said:
    Basically, also he somehow affords to pay staff £50/week but can't afford £6.80, I don't understand this one.

• request topic close.

• wychwych Member

@nickrobat said:
    request topic close.

I think people want some answers rather than a locked thread.

• xBytezxBytez Member

insert popcorn gif here

• Pro bribery right here!

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2014

i got lucky...... i got a discount upto 40%

• Thanked by 2Pwner Neoon
  • zionvpszionvps Member
    edited July 2014

I wonder how did he make 'new' servers. perhaps he bought a manufacturing facility too?

• StevieStevie Member

Is this a alt of GVH Jon?

Thanked by 2ATHK zionvps
  • @Stevie said:
    Is this a alt of GVH Jon?

To be fair, Jon doesn't claim to own >2 datacentres and >2500 servers. This kid is also only about 14 as well.

• StevieStevie Member

@hostnoob

I know i was trying to do a "funny".

// I FAILED

• Are you sure this isn't April 1st?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Great well I do have vpes and they do work to be honest I gave some free ones and they're very good all my plans work I have 3 dedicated servers

• wychwych Member

@nickrobat said:
    Great well I do have vpes and they do work to be honest I gave some free ones and they're very good all my plans work I have 3 dedicated servers

Why make yourself appear as though you own 2 data centres on Facebook then?

• @nickrobat said:
    Great well I do have vpes and they do work to be honest I gave some free ones and they're very good all my plans work I have 3 dedicated servers

and you mentioned that you got 2500 more servers?

• cassacassa Member

@nickrobat said:

In that case, give me a VPS and I'll post a review here :-)

• not sure he knows the definition of "summer host"

TarZZ92 said: i got lucky...... i got a discount upto 40%

• TommehMTommehM Member
    edited July 2014

He's actually 12 according to his facebook profile and plays club penguin.

hostnoob said: To be fair, Jon doesn't claim to own >2 datacentres and >2500 servers. This kid is also only about 14 as well.

also is it review your own company day or did I miss something?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This just makes me sad.

This discussion has been closed.