Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July Morning special: 42% OFF for Raspberry Pi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

July Morning special: 42% OFF for Raspberry Pi

rds100rds100 Member
edited July 2014 in Offers

To share the joy of the July Morning with you today we are offering 42% OFF for life for our Raspberry Pi based micro servers. Please use the coupon code JulyMorning2014 to get the discount. The coupon code will be valid only today, July 1st 2014. The available stock is limited.

What is included:

• Raspberry Pi with 512MB RAM and 700MHz ARM processor
  • 32GB USB storage
  • 500GB monthly traffic
  • remote reboots through the control panel
  • automatic reinstallations through the control panel, OS available: raspbian, pidora, Arch. We recommend raspbian
  • rescue mode through the control panel
  • one IPv4 address
  • /64 IPv6 available on request

Regular price: $10/month, Price after the discount: $5.80/month.
The prices listed are without VAT, normal EU VAT rules apply. The VAT rate in Bulgaria is 20%.

Order link - https://www.fitvps.com/p/35

Links to our previous Raspberry Pi offers:
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/26524/a-raspberry-pi-server-done-right
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/23373/a-raspberry-pi-server-done-right

FitVPS is a brand of Telecoms Ltd., a private ISP operating in Varna, Bulgaria since 1998.
Company reg. no 103282011, EU VAT number BG103282011

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Well nifty offer, giving serious consideration to this, simply due the nifty factor. Well played, @rds100.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • Would love to see more Providers doing this.. :) just saying.. FitVPS's RPi's are absolutely awesome especially for the price!

Thanked by 1rds100
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Ordered one, not sure why. LoL.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • rds100rds100 Member

@Kujoe that's the spirit ;-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Couldn't pass this up. If nothing else, I'll have nice green circle in Bulgaria now.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2014

@Nekki Not just in Bulgaria, but on the Black Sea too ;-)

Interesting that nobody asked "What's July Morning?".

• NekkiNekki Veteran

rds100 said: Interesting that nobody asked "What's July Morning?".

You're giving us a 42% discount. You could call it the 'this morning I murdered a family of 4' discount, you'd still get no questions.

• rds100rds100 Member

@Nekki LOL :)

Did a speed test to a test server near my house, not the best but still good enough for my needs. :)

Hosted by FORETHOUGHT.net (Denver, CO) [9531.68 km]: 255.028 ms Testing download speed........................................ Download: 8.62 Mbits/s Testing upload speed.................................................. Upload: 12.50 Mbits/s

• rds100rds100 Member

@0xdragon I am not really, there were never real hippie movement here, since at that time there was not much freedom here. And unfortunately i haven't met the sunrise on the sea shore for like 5 years :( Now that i'm married and have a kid the priorities change. Still i value the freedom spirit.

• @rds100 said:
    0xdragon I am not really, there were never real hippie movement here, since at that time there was not much freedom here. And unfortunately i haven't met the sunrise on the sea shore for like 5 years :( Now that i'm married and have a kid the priorities change. Still i value the freedom spirit.

I can agree with that. Just bought one!

Thanked by 1rds100
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Just to be clear, everyone who has bought a plan with GVH should buy one of these to atone for their past sins.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • I just wonder what's people doing with Raspberry Pi as a server? With 5$/mo we can buy a VPS which more powerful.
    I really want to ask, not trolling. Please tell me the reason, thanks!

• rds100rds100 Member

NewforVPS said: With 5$/mo we can buy a VPS

You could, but everyone and their grandma has a VPS. Very few people have a Raspberry Pi. And people like to be unique ;-)

Besides the Raspberry Pi is all dedicated hardware, not shared.

Thanked by 1NewforVPS

This is the first time I've ever bought service outside of the US and $5.80/month for dedicated resources sounds like I'm going to have some fun with it. :)

@rds100 Any possibility of ordering more disk space in the form of a bigger USB drive or an NFS mount?

• rds100rds100 Member

@KuJoe i'll have to check what size USB sticks are available from our suppliers, haven't thought about that before. We chose the current USB stick model because it's supposed to be more reliable/durable (a "Pro" version), not because of the size.

NFS mount from the raspberry would be slow unfortunately, it only has a 100Mbps ethernet port, and not a native one at that, but through a USB-to-Ethernet chip.

• Hmm damn, temping temping!

• rds100rds100 Member

@catalystium Resistance is futile ;-)

• @rds100 said:

Wondering if observium would work on it.

• rds100rds100 Member

Frankly i've no idea. What requirements does observium have, RAM and CPU wise?

Observium is pretty CPU intense, I wouldn't run it on a Raspberry Pi. We have an Observium install monitoring about a dozen servers and we had to upgrade because 2 cores from an Intel Xeon weren't cutting it.

• Yeah I'm not sure you can even run it on the Pi.

Could always use it as a little test server, still contemplating haha.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@KuJoe It depends on the use, I run observium for monitoring some basic tasks in a couple of servers in a 128MB box and runs smoothly. But, I don't know if can be installed and run in rPI, though. If you use it, give us a note here!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

KuJoe said: Observium is pretty CPU intense, I wouldn't run it on a Raspberry Pi. We have an Observium install monitoring about a dozen servers and we had to upgrade because 2 cores from an Intel Xeon weren't cutting it.

Is that the community or the full fat Observium? I'm running the community version on a 2 Xeon core VPS and it's barely registering a load of .20 at it's highest. I'm monitoring 20-ish devices.

• StevieStevie Member

@rds100

Just signed up and paid like 2 min ago - nice offer, thanks!

• @Stevie said:
    rds100

Just signed up and paid like 2 min ago - nice offer, thanks!

Wow, talk about leaving it till the last second ;)

• StevieStevie Member

@0xdragon

LOL, just got some cash today - :-P

Nekki said: Is that the community or the full fat Observium? I'm running the community version on a 2 Xeon core VPS and it's barely registering a load of .20 at it's highest. I'm monitoring 20-ish devices.

I am using the community version (just switched from the old version before they split it) so I must have something configured incorrectly. Here are the alerts we've received just for today for our Observium node that monitors 15 devices and 239 ports:

LOAD WARNING (3.22) LOAD WARNING (3.31) LOAD WARNING (3.01) LOAD WARNING (3.1) LOAD CRITICAL (4.93) LOAD CRITICAL (5.68) LOAD WARNING (3.48) LOAD WARNING (3.76) LOAD WARNING (3.28) LOAD WARNING (3.43) LOAD CRITICAL (4.09) LOAD CRITICAL (4.18) LOAD WARNING (3.48) LOAD WARNING (3.44) LOAD WARNING (3.26) LOAD WARNING (3.42) LOAD WARNING (3.3) LOAD WARNING (3.1) LOAD WARNING (3.8) LOAD WARNING (3.05) LOAD WARNING (3) LOAD WARNING (3.26) LOAD WARNING (3.75) LOAD WARNING (3.13) LOAD CRITICAL (5.04) LOAD WARNING (3.76) LOAD WARNING (3.4) LOAD CRITICAL (4.74) LOAD CRITICAL (4.64) LOAD WARNING (3.84) LOAD CRITICAL (4.45) LOAD CRITICAL (4.39) LOAD WARNING (3.74) LOAD WARNING (3.17) LOAD CRITICAL (5.11) LOAD WARNING (3.32) LOAD CRITICAL (4.47) LOAD WARNING (3.24) LOAD CRITICAL (4.77) LOAD CRITICAL (4.88) LOAD WARNING (3.58) LOAD CRITICAL (4.36) LOAD WARNING (3.39) LOAD WARNING (3.59)

• @KuJoe said:
    LOAD WARNING (3.59)`

Mate, that doesn't look right.