Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally free of GVH, hello RamNode!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Finally free of GVH, hello RamNode!

Just submitted my cancellation to GVH, you have no idea how good that feels.

My LA4 (QuadraNet) node hosted VPS has been up and down like a yo-yo according to my monitoring on the past few days, so happy that I bit the bullet and moved over to RamNode who have not missed one monitoring ping since I got my Seattle-based VPS built and online. @Nick_A was extremely accommodating in upgrading my existing service to a higher level and then re-provisioning it from Amsterdam to Seattle.

The strange thing is that I submitted the cancellations and the latest "Dear Valued Client" email came through. Consolidation back to ColoCrossing wherever available was no shock, but IPv6 is no longer available at all across the GVH offerings. Well, that just validated my decision!

Goodbye Jon, thanks for all the fish.

Comments

• today is the first day of the rest of your life !
    congratulations sir !

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • edited July 2014

There is no current host that even approaches RamNode in terms of VPS speed, uptime, and customer service. The value is through the roof.

The gap between RamNode and the rest of the hosts is huge.

So yes, I know the feeling you are talking about. I just went through a similar experience (not with GVH) but with another provider.

Thanked by 2Monsta_AU Nick_A
  • PwnerPwner Member

Did you really need to post a thread on here about it?

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited July 2014

I think that most of the top 3-5 hosts as voted on here have great customer service. Patrick @Iniz is also very good, and @SkylarM at Crissic deserves a mention too.

If I didn't just grab a $5/mo Atom Dedi from Delimiter, I would have been buying a VPS from Skylar. Looking to get an Amsterdam-based Iniz VPS now for my DNS & Backup MX.

@Pwner said:
    Did you really need to post a thread on here about it?

Yes I did!

Thanked by 2Patrick ATHK
  • ShadowPhaseShadowPhase Member
    edited July 2014

I have several VPS's with RamNode, and all have near 100% uptime. They're blazing fast, network's stable, and support is fantastic. @Nick_A and everyone else at RamNode are fantastic! In other words, when you need support, you're actually talking to someone who knows what they're talking about.

• YAY, cancelling GVH before the new financial year.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

"So long and thanks for all the fish." I love that line/title ...
    My RamNode Seattle was perfect for the last year.

• forthcloud said: YAY, cancelling GVH before the new financial year.

Not quite - it's 10.45am July 1 here in Australia, but close enough.

• Where you at monsta? Its only just turned 10:40am here (sa)

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • Im in Sydney.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thank you! Enjoy.

• Yes, I have to give RamNode credit for the great uptime. I maintain the web server for my church and it's good to see uptime like this:

**30/Jun/2014 23:26 , Up 213 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes**

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Another GVH thread, lol

• yywudiyywudi Member

Yeah, Ramnode is good to go, I have a ovz seattle for over 230days uptime, but reboot a week ago for openvz security vulnerability

• A new @INIZ vps has joined the fold for backup DNS & MX. Did ask for Amsterdam, but got NY.....

Still at the price I definitely have no complaints. Patrick came up with a very acceptable custom plan based on my needs - thanks mate.

• Monsta_AU said: Did ask for Amsterdam, but got NY.....

Ops, my bad. Submit ticket and will get that moved.

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • tsangktsangk Member

Good to see you've done a gone "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE" from GVH hell. I'm still awaiting my next "Dear Valued Client" email to tell me what my next "permanent" IP will be for each month. Oh wait...

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited July 2014

INIZ said: Ops, my bad. Submit ticket and will get that moved.

It's all good for now, I need to keep it where it is for the moment as I need to keep my DNS stable as I rebuild another box. May take you up on that in a few weeks.

tsangk said: Good to see you've done a gone "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE" from GVH hell. I'm still awaiting my next "Dear Valued Client" email to tell me what my next "permanent" IP will be for each month. Oh wait...

Bahahahaha, made me laugh jx!

(I know @tsangk from elsewhere)