Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datacenter floor - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datacenter floor

2»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

According to the thread I posted, they filed for bankruptcy to prevent them from having to pay out the $3million they owe TWTC and moved their assets to a new company to prevent seizure.

EDIT: They moved their assets from Carolina Internet, Ltd. to Caronet Managed Hosting, Inc.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@KuJoe said: pay out the $3million they owe TWTC

And yet they still have service with them, funny stuff. might be worth logging into PACER to read the case.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

@miTgiB It looks like there was an update in April. From what I can tell TWTC requested a change of venue to Colorado or to dismiss the bankruptcy filing but both were denied. They were granted their request to bring in lawyers from outside of the district though so it must be developing some what.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/north-carolina/ncwdce/3:2012cv00105/66106/

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@KuJoe said: they filed for bankruptcy to prevent them from having to pay out the $3million they owe TWTC

I hate that law, that's why we are afraid to work with US companies :(

• I asked anyways, I want a picture of my rack :P

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@FTN_Kevin said: Okay, I only asked as they totally denied it on chat which is unprofessional of them.

The rep you were talking to probably was probably representing Caronet Managed Hosting, Inc., which did not file. I don't know if Carolina Internet, Ltd. (the company in bankruptcy) has a separate website of their own any longer.

@miTgiB said: And yet they still have service with them, funny stuff. might be worth logging into PACER to read the case.

I believe they have service with Time Warner Cable, which is a separate, unaffiliated company from TW Telecom.

• @miTgiB said: And yet they still have service with them, funny stuff.

I see only L3 and RR on bgp.he.net: http://bgp.he.net/AS13618

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@lioncola said: I see only L3 and RR

RR is TimeWarner Cable,and it is a fantastic connection to have for clients coming in from home.

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited June 2012

@miTgiB said: RR is TimeWarner Cable,and it is a fantastic connection to have for clients coming in from home.

2-4ms between the first hop outside my house and my VPS is great. Too bad it takes 20ms to get to the first hop outside my house

• @miTgiB said: RR is TimeWarner Cable,and it is a fantastic connection to have for clients coming in from home.

Indeed it is, but it is not TWTC/AS4323 (the ones you are saying Caro still had service with).

• This is what happens when you ask someone to take a pic at 2 am. Notice how its crooked. Lol

• @miTgiB said: RR is TimeWarner Cable,and it is a fantastic connection to have for clients coming in from home.

I live in NJ and Caro's RR is one less hop than Level 3 is for me. RR is pretty good.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@flam316 said: I live in NJ and Caro's RR is one less hop than Level 3 is for me. RR is pretty good.

It's mostly a huge benefit to those that have TimeWarner Cable and RoadRunner, Level3 is nice for the Europeans. I wish there was more diversity at caro, but it is still nice.