Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is possible to add a second hard disk on Kimsufi servers for RAID purposes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is possible to add a second hard disk on Kimsufi servers for RAID purposes?

When I check the Kimsufi order pages I don't see any sign that you can add additional hard disks and raid them or whatever.

Are additional hard disks available at all?

Comments

• Nope.

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • J1021J1021 Member

Not available at all.

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • I should have been quick to snap up one of Prometeus XL servers when the half price offer came up. I wonder what distracted me.

• What you can do in terms of redundancy is getting 3 kimsufi in the same DC. Booting one with live cd so HDD crash won't be an issue. And then setting up DRDB with 2. That's basically a "RAID" over network. And then GREing both kimsufi's to the one with the live cd with heartbeat.

• nimdynimdy Member

@serverian said:
    What you can do in terms of redundancy is getting 3 kimsufi in the same DC. Booting one with live cd so HDD crash won't be an issue. And then setting up DRDB with 2. That's basically a "RAID" over network. And then GREing both kimsufi's to the one with the live cd with heartbeat.

With the cost of renting three servers at for example the 15 euro price of the i3, wouldn't it be better to get the 30 euro basic So You Start server which has raid?

• @nimdy said:
    With the cost of renting three servers at for example the 15 euro price of the i3, wouldn't it be better to get the 30 euro basic So You Start server which has raid?

Still, 3 kimsufis with that setup will have a better theoretical availability.

• @serverian Is VPSDime and backupsy still available in the Netherlands?

• @serverian, @jack. @1e10 - where you chatting online when I posted? you all replied at the same time within a minute of my posting.

• @rchurch said:
    serverian Is VPSDime and backupsy still available in the Netherlands?

VPSDime, no. Backupsy, yes.

• J1021J1021 Member

rchurch said: where you chatting online when I posted? you all replied at the same time within a minute of my posting.

What Jack said below, I'm waiting for a download to complete and I've nothing to do until then. :(

Jack said: Just LET Geeks... F5 24/7 on lowendtalk.com :-D

• earlearl Member

Can't even get an extra IP, let alone an extra hard drive..