Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good LowEndBox offer for Asia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good LowEndBox offer for Asia?

HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
edited June 2012 in Help

Anyone know a good LEB VPS for a server in Asia? It can be like 128MB Ram I just was wondering if anyone knew a good offer.

A datacenter in Japan or South Korea would be preferred but anywhere in Asia works.

Comments

• shunnyshunny Member

There are several VPS providers in South Korea offering cheap low end VPS. But their sites are in Korean and often accepts local payments and not PayPal. :(

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

BuyVM get ~100ms ping RTT from Japan (and most of Asia)... Can't really go wrong for the price either :)

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

EDIS - Hong Kong (@William) and OneAsiaHost - Singapore (@Kenshin)

• @shunny could you send me the names of them? I'm in South Korea right now and might as well take a look at those providers.

• gianggiang Veteran

@gbshouse said: EDIS - Hong Kong (@William) and OneAsiaHost - Singapore (@Kenshin)

Did Edis offer Asia VPS? I only see they would sell Asia VPS in Jul 2012 on their website :D

You can preorder it already (see http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2622/edis-asia) or talk with @William

• >

BuyVM get ~100ms ping RTT from Japan (and most of Asia)... Can't really go wrong for the price either :)

You'll be hard pressed to reach EGI on 100ms. 120+ is the usual, Korea will be lower. Anything more south and you're asking for 150+.

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • Yeah I hear you guys who are suggesting BuyVM. I'd totally use them for other projects but this one definitely prefers better ping if possible.

@gbshouse I just tested their asia server. It didn't hit 1MB/s here. It hit around 250KB/s on that 100MB Download.

• VictorVictor Member

Only Korean host I know that has fluent English support and site is http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr/webpromotion/english/vps-in-korea.html
    They have a rep on WHT as well, and appears to be quite active. They accept Paypal in USD, but they're definitely not in the "low end" category.

• Thanks @Victor. I'll look into them.

Also, I made a mistake with the EDIS-Asia. their servers hit around 500KB/s here (South Korea, Seoul). Not bad but could be better.

• VictorVictor Member

@HalfEatenPie said: Thanks @Victor. I'll look into them.

No worries, glad to help. :)

• My VPS at CicagoVPS returned 200ms (so that's out of the race for this one).

@wintereise and @BluBoy, I might continue looking around but if worst comes to worst I'll definitely give BuyVM a try!

Basically conclusion: I'll continue looking around but it seems like my option (LEB-wise) are pretty limited.

edited June 2012

There are also

VPSNine = http://www.vpsnine.com/ (Singapore and New Zeland) but I've never used them (test files here http://www.vpsnine.com/testfiles.php)

HostVirtual - http://www.vr.org

• VictorVictor Member
    edited June 2012

Just remembered another one for Korea, http://www.cloudweb.kr/xe/vps_info_2010. Never used them before, dedicated server price seems lower than others but the site's quite sketchy.

• shunnyshunny Member

@HalfEatenPie - Sure I can send you a bunch I researched. I have a few classes remaining for the day so is it ok if I PM you later?

• In Singapore:
    WizzVPS has good support.
    VPSnine has OK support and better specs.

• shunnyshunny Member

I guess I will throw this page out there, perhaps if you throw in Google Translate it will work? Here is a site containing a rather good list of the Korean VPS service providers in Korean we call it (가상서버) http://lael.be/182 Personally, if you were in Korea and somehow can pay these providers then go ahead and give them a try. The cheapest one on the list is option number 1(cafe24) which costs 5,500 WON or around $5 for 512MB Ram, 20GB Space and 100G of monthly bandwidth and I am not sure what VZ tech they use. Cafe24 is not that good from what I hear so if you can pick up a little more money than go for option 4 (KOREA IDC). They don't have LEBs the cheapest they have is at around $27 per month you get 1 Core, 1GB RAM, 80GB Space, 900GB of monthly bandwidth on a 1Gbps shared line and they use KVM virtualization. It is hosted on one of Korea's top data centers, KT IDC and IDC stands for Internet Data Center, so you will get excellent connectivity within Korea and Asia network.
    So just one more, there are a lot of service providers in Korea providing some awesome and reasonably cheap services. But bad thing is they are in Korean and often don't accept international payment. :( I'm a Korean myself I found some of them provide excellent services and if they internationalize they can make some good money.

Thanked by 1Lael
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited June 2012

@gbshouse the VPSNine server test download files came with >1MB/s rates (which is awesome).

@Victor yeah there's a ton of scams going around in Korea (even in the streets you have to watch out). I don't feel comfortable with that site although pinging it returns 2ms - 5 ms.

@shunny that'd be awesome thanks! I'll probably be asleep by the time you get back but anything helps.

@michelem thanks but WizzVPS have horrible ping (300ms range).

Edit: (because you replied while I was writing this post) @shunny dude that's awesome thanks for that. I'm also Korean myself but I've been in the states most of my time (school and whatnot). I'll look into Cafe24 and possibly look around the Korea's top datacenters. As much as I'd like to think 5500 WON a month is a steal (it is if you're trying to buy dinner) its more than some of these LEB deals. I'll look around some more but thanks for your help!

• shunnyshunny Member
    edited June 2012

@HalfEatenPie - I got a few hours to spare so I posted something before you posted your comment :P. Have fun looking around if you got questions you can ping me.

Edit: replying to your post above. Yes it is a little more than these LEB deals. But consider that bandwidth in Korea is a little on the expensive side with the DataCenters so take that into factor to the price. And yea it is a steal to buy dinner :P

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @shunny does anyone of these accept foreigners and has ANY usable payment methods? (PayPal, Skrill, Moneybookers or something else i can use with a creditcard from Europe)

• shunnyshunny Member
    edited June 2012

@William they do accept foreigners. But easier if you are a foreigner in Korea :(. The Korean providers are a little strict in terms of identification. All the ones I have seen require the "citizen(alien) identification number". Its how most companies keep clients stuff on record in Korea. I can search for some that accept international payments, but their support and website will likely be in Korean.

Edit: They do accept foreigners if you can pay via local means. Korean bank accounts, local credit cards.

• bah, i have neither :(

• shunnyshunny Member

@William - hehe. I will give a search. There's gotta be one which accepts international payments. Although again, they might not have english support and website. I will update the post when and if I find one.

Thanked by 1William
  • I have a creditcard from Asia if it helps though (Hongkong)

• @William Korea has this thing where all purchases in Korea (related to online stuff) requires a citizen/alien ID number. Its basically a way to keep everyone liable for political stuff while on the internet. I don't think a credit card from Hong Kong will cut it but you should definitely try

• klikliklikli Member

For $9.95/mo you get a 256MB cloud from vr.org, but I haven't tried them yet nor hearing any reviews of them.
    But there's always premium options out there like linode, AWS.

• @klikli yeah it was already mentioned but thanks for mentioning AWS. Forgot about that.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • ChanChan Member

I looked through all the VPS options available in Asia last month and I went with Linode in the end. $20 a month may seems expensive if you host in the US but it's really not a bad price in Asia. Other than that I'm looking forward into hosting with @William in Hong Kong next month!

• laaevlaaev Member

@HalfEatenPie said: A datacenter in Japan or South Korea would be preferred but anywhere in Asia works.

You should consider Los Angeles for more resources and bandwidth at lower prices, it still gets good latency to and from Asia.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

LA is best, other location in California is still ok also